Cannot activate Ronin 4D
2067 5 2023-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicowieditz
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

I cannot activate my Ronin 4D. Tried to install Assistant 2.1.4, but cannot install because my mac is too old. Where Can I get a previous version of Ronin's Assistant 2.

Please help.

Nico.
2023-1-31
Use props
nicowieditz
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks, got V2.1.3, but same info, not compatible. What is the next previous version of Assistant 2 Ronin?
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties you encountered. We would suggest using the latest Ronin Assistant 2 for connecting the Ronin 4D for activation, some older versions may not be able to support and recognize Ronin 4D, the latest version is 2.1.5: https://www.dji.com/ronin-4d/downloads
Would you please try to use another computer to download the software for activation?Below is the activation note for your reference:
1. Before powering on DJI Ronin 4, make sure that the Gimbal Mode is toggled to OFF and Lock button is in the unlocked position. Ensure that the battery and Zenmuse X9 gimbal are mounted, and the three axes of the gimbal are unlocked.2. Press and hold the power button to power on Ronin 4D.
3. Use the provided USB-A to USB-C cable to connect the USB-C port (under the dial on the left side) on the main body with the computer.
4. Please do not power off or disconnect Ronin 4D before activation complete.
5. After the connection is successful, select DJI Ronin 4D in the DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series), and follow the steps to activate Ronin 4D.
Thank you very much.
2023-2-1
Use props
nicowieditz
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-1 00:28
Hi there, sorry for the difficulties you encountered. We would suggest using the latest Ronin Assistant 2 for connecting the Ronin 4D for activation, some older versions may not be able to support and recognize Ronin 4D, the latest version is 2.1.5: https://www.dji.com/ronin-4d/downloads
Would you please try to use another computer to download the software for activation?Below is the activation note for your reference:
1. Before powering on DJI Ronin 4, make sure that the Gimbal Mode is toggled to OFF and Lock button is in the unlocked position. Ensure that the battery and Zenmuse X9 gimbal are mounted, and the three axes of the gimbal are unlocked.2. Press and hold the power button to power on Ronin 4D.

Hi Susan. Got it over an another computer with V2.1.2. Excellent. The ProRes RAW Codec is so efficient. Now for my other 5 Ronin 4D: Where can I get the license for ProRes RAW. When I select the codec, it shows me that I need a license for that. Please tell me where can I get it. The Data rates for Pro Res 4444XQ are much higher than for Pro Res RAW and the DJI SSD is on the Limit of Speed to fulfill this XQ Codec and jitters and jitters. We have big productions and need all cameras at its best.

Please provide a link where I can buy the license for ProResRAW.
Best,
Nico.
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nicowieditz Posted at 2-1 00:46
Hi Susan. Got it over an another computer with V2.1.2. Excellent. The ProRes RAW Codec is so efficient. Now for my other 5 Ronin 4D: Where can I get the license for ProRes RAW. When I select the codec, it shows me that I need a license for that. Please tell me where can I get it. The Data rates for Pro Res 4444XQ are much higher than for Pro Res RAW and the DJI SSD is on the Limit of Speed to fulfill this XQ Codec and jitters and jitters. We have big productions and need all cameras at its best.

Please provide a link where I can buy the license for ProResRAW.

Thank you for supporting DJI Ronin 4D. DJI Ronin 4D no longer supports Apple ProRes RAW internal recording. You may refer to the notice here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=259969
Please rest assured that we will continue to communicate with the relevant company, and Apple ProRes 4444 XQ codec is supported for users.
Regarding your feedback on the issue when using Apple ProRes 4444 XQ codec, I will confirm if there is any suggestion for you. I will keep you updated.
2023-2-1
Use props
nicowieditz
lvl.1

Germany

Thx, Susan. Can't await.
The rolling shutter is so hard to get a handle on at 6k, the image is just shaking at very small frame intervals, we measured almost 21 ms, at 4K it's still 13 ms.

A firmware update would really be necessary here. We partly have to work with the 5x shutter speed to add a normal motion blur at 6K. This is almost impossible to do for indoor shoots because of the light frequency in low-light situations.

I trust in your development.

BR
Nico.
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules