Mind of its own and flew away
12Next >
3354 41 2023-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc007
lvl.1
United States

My 1 month old mini 3 pro took off fine and then seemed to have a mind of its own and fly away. I tried everything I could for the minute or so chance I had, including the home button but it just fly off by itself. It has worked perfect until this happened last night and now I can  not find it. The find my drone map is not good at all. Can power lines in a normal neighborhood cause this? I fly in neighborhoods everyday using this for my roofing contractor business.

Anyone else haev this happen to them?

2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this accident. You can tap and find the aircraft using another map on your mobile phone. It records the coordinate system information of the aircraft in the last communication. You can also check the cached video recorded before the image transmission breaks to see if it helps you find the drone. If you failed to retrieve the drone, you can contact our support team and start a case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-1-31
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your Mini 3.
Please, upload the log of the flight to PhantomHelp and share the link here.

The instructions and website linked below:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/
2023-1-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What surface did you take off from ans what metals are near the take off sight? In addition.
Though the question will be answered if you, as suggested, post the flightlog, what was the time of day, what was the GPS count?
2023-1-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Marc007 - I have only had this happen when I took off from some kind of surface that was screwing up the compass reading, and I did not have patience to wait for GPS fix with a healthy number of satellites.   Your log file will tell us why your drone decided to leave you.  : )
2023-1-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It should be, what surface was the drone on when you turned it on?

What you've described does sound like a "classic magnetic interference" issue that messed up the compass, this can cause the drone to shoot off at speed with no input on the RC whatsoever.
The above issue is caused by turning on the drone inside, next to or on top of a car, concrete reinforced with rebar, manhole covers, drain covers, benches (even if just the bolts are steel), railings, railway tracks and so on.

Only by uploading the flightlog (see reply #3 above) can folk assess it and give you an actual reason (hopefully) as to what and why it happened.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_s8GiZnQoJ6W3
New

Mongolia

my mini 3 was having a mind of its own and crashed into a building. I did get the drone but its looking like a a spider without the head
2023-9-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_s8GiZnQoJ6W3 Posted at 9-24 04:37
my mini 3 was having a mind of its own and crashed into a building. I did get the drone but its looking like a a spider without the head

Hi,

sorry for your loss.

But if you like to know why this happend, share your flightlog

Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_s8GiZnQoJ6W3 Posted at 9-24 04:37

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. We advise submitting a repair request to get your drone fixed. Please contact our DJI support for assistance from this link: https://www.dji.com/global/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-25
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-31 19:32
It should be, what surface was the drone on when you turned it on?

What you've described does sound like a "classic magnetic interference" issue that messed up the compass, this can cause the drone to shoot off at speed with no input on the RC whatsoever.

That's a good tip for beginners that I've not heared before. Not taking off from your car roof (or any metal surface).
I had heared of cases of drones flying away by themselves, but didn't know this was the cause.
2023-9-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sam654 Posted at 9-28 09:47
That's a good tip for beginners that I've not heared before. Not taking off from your car roof (or any metal surface).
I had heared of cases of drones flying away by themselves, but didn't know this was the cause.

"(or any metal surface)."
Strictly speaking it applies to magnetic metals but I suppose "any" is a good 'cover all'.
2023-9-28
Use props
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

This is quite concerning. Has DJI gotten to the bottom of these "fly offs"? Is it user error? IE. Taking off from a magnetic surface or any metal surface? Electromagnetic field nearby? Not waiting for GPS lock? Old firmware? Government taking over control to steal technology? I am hoping DJI is collecting data and can give us (or at least me) some sold reasons what's causing this and how I can avoid this with my M3P.
2023-9-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

eruby Posted at 9-28 11:09
This is quite concerning. Has DJI gotten to the bottom of these "fly offs"? Is it user error? IE. Taking off from a magnetic surface or any metal surface? Electromagnetic field nearby? Not waiting for GPS lock? Old firmware? Government taking over control to steal technology? I am hoping DJI is collecting data and can give us (or at least me) some sold reasons what's causing this and how I can avoid this with my M3P.

Hi,

It is really simple to do for each flight:

Power ON
Check blue arrow heading map view FlyApp (bottom left screen)
Compare heading with actual drone heading.
If not the same : DO NOT FLY, power off, other location, power ON, repeat check.

Doing this check for each flight : 99.99% no fly away in air.

cheers
JJB
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

JJB* Posted at 9-28 11:40
Hi,

A very good advice

Until now i did not know about all this

2023-9-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

eruby Posted at 9-28 11:09

Yes, it's user error.
Google "yaw error" and you should find plenty of explanation
2023-9-28
Use props
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

JJB* Posted at 9-28 11:40
Hi,

Thank you. I do that already but glad you confirmed.
2023-9-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

My best practice is to hold it flat in the air around neck height and turn it on, this is so that its off the ground and away from any source of ferrous materials, then i will put it on the ground and go from there. I have never checked the blue arrow but thats only because i have never remembered to do so but i believe that i have already eliminated any possible interference anyway, i don't even hold it in my watch hand just in case
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

OMG that happened to me now but only in the living room and fortunately only with minimal propeller blade damage. For small tests I have started the Mini 3 Pro (28 days old) several times in the living room and flown very small and careful maneuvers and camera and photo functions tried and tested. Yesterday evening, the Mini 3 Pro went but shortly after takeoff uncontrolled and rapidly on course against a dresser ! That was so fast that I was in shock. This morning a short test outdoors and everything seems to be OK, then with uneasy feeling again in the living room but again all is OK as it was before also the case - What is also crazy, the flight log text shows me as H-point the sea in front of the state of Ghana !?!? https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1XJ34IJAE3O8PE7OM8FA
HP Ghana.jpg
2023-9-29
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Space Dream Posted at 9-29 00:56
OMG that happened to me now but only in the living room and fortunately only with minimal propeller blade damage. For small tests I have started the Mini 3 Pro (28 days old) several times in the living room and flown very small and careful maneuvers and camera and photo functions tried and tested. Yesterday evening, the Mini 3 Pro went but shortly after takeoff uncontrolled and rapidly on course against a dresser ! That was so fast that I was in shock. This morning a short test outdoors and everything seems to be OK, then with uneasy feeling again in the living room but again all is OK as it was before also the case. What is also crazy, the flight log text shows me as H-point the sea in front of the state of Ghana !?!?
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9V5RUAWRTSIVTZHIEP59/#

Because without GPS, the coordinates are N00° 00.000 E000° 00.00. Check it on a map
2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

deleted, forgot to quote
2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OMG that happened to me now but only in the living room and fortunately only with minimal propeller blade damage. For small tests I have started the Mini 3 Pro (28 days old) several times in the living room and flown very small and careful maneuvers and camera and photo functions tried and tested. Yesterday evening, the Mini 3 Pro went but shortly after takeoff uncontrolled and rapidly on course against a dresser ! That was so fast that I was in shock. This morning a short test outdoors and everything seems to be OK, then with uneasy feeling again in the living room but again all is OK as it was before also the case - What is also crazy, the flight log text shows me as H-point the sea in front of the state of Ghana !?!?

The drone has no GPS indoors and RELIES on VPS to hold position.
VPS needs good lighting of the floor and a non uniform floor to work i.e. a distinct pattern so that it can 'see' if it moves.
My guess is you flew over an unlit or unsuitable bit of floor.
The location off Ghana has the coordinates 0,0 and stems from the drone having no GPS or insufficient GPS and not knowing where in the world it was.
Only once in hundreds of indoor flights have I had a mini go crazy for unknown reasons and then I was being a bit of an idiot.
That said I have the distinct impression they ( mavic mini & mini 2 ) don't like tripod or cine mode indoors, I would normally use N mode.
Stay away from walls and tall vertical surfaces, they literally seem to suck the drone towards themselves.

You could of course upload the flight log to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
and JJB* might have look and find a reason for the crash.
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-29 01:21
The drone has no GPS indoors and RELIES on VPS to hold position.
VPS needs good lighting of the floor and a non uniform floor to work i.e. a distinct pattern so that it can 'see' if it moves.
My guess is you flew over an unlit or unsuitable bit of floor.

That was really a lot of information that a beginner probably rarely considers or knows. These notes would actually be a must for the user manual. It may well be that the interior lighting was darker than usual this time and I also had the case that as you described, the drone was magnetically attracted to a wall and I could not counteract. This little giant mosquito really has some whims and quirks. The GPS zero position was also foreign to me, but is now clear to me and become aware. Thanks for all these tips and explanations.

2023-9-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

_SoP_ Posted at 9-29 01:12
Because without GPS, the coordinates are N00° 00.000 E000° 00.00. Check it on a map

Because without GPS, the coordinates are N00° 00.000 E000° 00.00.
Without GPS, the drone doesn't think it is at N00° 00.000 E000° 00.00.
The location data in the drone shows as blank until the drone gets actual location data from GPS.
But some software depicts the blank GPS data as N00° 00.000 E000° 00.00 when it attempts to show the location on a map.
2023-9-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

OMG that happened to me now but only in the living room and fortunately only with minimal propeller blade damage. For small tests I have started the Mini 3 Pro (28 days old) several times in the living room and flown very small and careful maneuvers and camera and photo functions tried and tested. Yesterday evening, the Mini 3 Pro went but shortly after takeoff uncontrolled and rapidly on course against a dresser ! That was so fast that I was in shock. This morning a short test outdoors and everything seems to be OK, then with uneasy feeling again in the living room but again all is OK as it was before also the case - What is also crazy, the flight log text shows me as H-point the sea in front of the state of Ghana !?!? https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1XJ34IJAE3O8PE7OM8FA

Yesterday evening, the Mini 3 Pro went but shortly after takeoff uncontrolled and rapidly on course against a dresser ! That was so fast that I was in shock. This morning a short test outdoors and everything seems to be OK, then with uneasy feeling again in the living room.
There are two possible causes for what you describe.
One is a yaw error (Google it for info) or it might just have been due to the way the drone handles in atti mode without horizontal position holding.
In atti mode indoors, you need to be very gentle on the sticks because the drone has no "brakes".
If you aren't familiar with atti mode flying, it can seem like it's running away.

Flying indoors is much more risky that outdoors and more complicated than you'd imagine if you are new to drone flying.
I'd recommend against flying indoors
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 9-29 01:49
Yesterday evening, the Mini 3 Pro went but shortly after takeoff uncontrolled and rapidly on course against a dresser ! That was so fast that I was in shock. This morning a short test outdoors and everything seems to be OK, then with uneasy feeling again in the living room.
There are two possible causes for what you describe.
One is a yaw error (Google it for info) or it might just have been due to the way the drone handles in atti mode without horizontal position holding.

I have uploaded the log file - maybe you can decipher it ?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1XJ34IJAE3O8PE7OM8FA

2023-9-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

_SoP_ Posted at 9-29 01:12
Because without GPS, the coordinates are N00° 00.000 E000° 00.00. Check it on a map

Also known as the Greenwich meridian...

2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-29 01:34
That was really a lot of information that a beginner probably rarely considers or knows. These notes would actually be a must for the user manual. It may well be that the interior lighting was darker than usual this time and I also had the case that as you described, the drone was magnetically attracted to a wall and I could not counteract. This little giant mosquito really has some whims and quirks. The GPS zero position was also foreign to me, but is now clear to me and become aware. Thanks for all these tips and explanations.

I think you will find that much of that IS in the manual but that you need to read the manual several times to grasp the significance of words/terminology that are/is new to you. At least that's what I found.  Then, if you are not certain you understand something ASK QUESTIONS, some people may 'slap you down' for asking a 'silly question', don't let those people 'get to you'/upset-you, ignore them, we all have to start somewhere and others WILL give helpful answers.

VPS etc is discussed in the manual from page 19. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.6_EN.pdf"Using the Vision Systems
The positioning function of the Downward Vision System is applicable when GNSS signals are unavailable or weak. It is automatically enabled in Normal or Cine mode ............."

Reading that make me wonder, "What about in sports mode?", I checked the mini 2 manual and it says much the same thing. However VPS works perfectly well for me & my minis indoors in sports mode but the drone NEVER gets to high-speed/large-angles-of-tilt in my house, I don't have the space.
I guess DJI don't mention sports mode because it may not work at high-speed/large-angles-of-tilt.

2023-9-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 9-29 01:56
Also known as the Greenwich meridian...

[view_image]

It's not.
The Greenwich meridian isn't a point at N00° 00.000 E000° 00.00.
It's a line running from the north to south poles.

The point being discussed is the intersection of the meridian and the equator.

2023-9-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Space Dream Posted at 9-29 01:55
I have uploaded the log file - maybe you can decipher it ?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1XJ34IJAE3O8PE7OM8FA

It's a bit tricky because there is only 4.2 seconds of data before the crash.
But the compass data doesn't show a sudden swing in the heading that would indicate a yaw error.
At 3.6 seconds you started to use the joysticks and pulled the right stick fully back and held it until the crash which is shown in the last line of data at 4.4 seconds.
I suspect that was the problem.
Flying in atti mode and close to obstacles is asking for trouble.

And if you do, it's important to use very small and gentle joystick input.
2023-9-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 9-29 02:05
Give me your address and I will come over and explain it to you...

I beg of you!!!

Give me your address and I will come over and explain it to you...
There's no way you could explain or convince me.
I'm well aware of the principles of navigation.
Besides using GPS professionally for 20+ years, I navigated a yacht around the Pacific for 4 years before GPS was invented.
2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-29 01:49
There are two possible causes for what you describe. One is a yaw error (Google it for info) or it might just have been due to the way the drone handles in atti mode without horizontal position holding.

Please explain how yaw error is relevant to a flight without GPS?
My understanding is that yaw error ONLY becomes a problem when the drone is trying to calculate a course etc based on heading information AND GPS. I.e in the absence of GPS it is irrelevant.
Where am I wrong?
By way of a test I just booted a mini 2 when it was sat beside a magnet and then flew it indoors with no GPS it behaved flawlessl. I even held the magnet close to the hovering drone and and moved the magnet around the drone, there was no effect on the drone.
2023-9-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-29 02:26
My understanding is that yaw error ONLY becomes a problem when the drone is trying to calculate a course etc based on heading information AND GPS. I.e in the absence of GPS it is irrelevant.
Where am I wrong?

Without seeing the flight data, I didn't know how much GPS the drone did or didn't have, so included a yaw error as one possibility to fit the brief description of the incident.
2023-9-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Space Dream Posted at 9-29 01:34

Hi

Interesting short flight...

At start of this indoor flight: 8 sats + 2 for signal quality, see chart for changes in GPS # and q (q = GNSS signal strength as DJI call it)Normally this will show a Yellow GPS icon top right, but guess it was Red as no LatLon was written in the log.
(tip:  always screen record your flight, great to see what you missed looking at drone and not at the screen)
Best to wait for White GPS icon!
  • RED = not enough sats for GPS lock [ q = 0,1]
  • YELLOW = enough sats for GPS lock + not enough for setting HP [ q = 2,3 ]
  • WHITE =  enough sats for GPS lock +  HP has been set. [ q = 4,5 ]

In the log at record 6 few messages
  • Data Recorder File Index is 110
  • Set Return to Home (RTH) altitude to 30 m (98 ft)
  • Set maximum flight altitude to 3 m (10 ft).

oke, so GPS weak and IR sensor is working, in the manual page 61 : height limited to 5, manual incorrect ?

So no GPS and Vision is not 'working', not enough light in the room. ( Umgebungslicht zu dunkel. Sichtsystem und Hinderniserkennung nicht verf.; Vorsichtig fliegen (Code: 1A420BC6).; GPS-Signal schwach. Stabiles Schweben nicht m.; Bitte vorsichtig fliegen. (Code: 30002).

Take off with no GPS and no vision : in a wind draft free room drone will hover steady, but any draft will move the drone from position, any RC input will move drone quitte rapid and with no braking....hard to control.

Compass data looks oke, but don`t think (not sure yes) if a compass/yaw error is possible without GPS data. Mayby yes if vision data is used for horizontal stability....Have to check if you push drone from position (only with vision) of it will return to position or just stabilize at new position. (if i remember if wil just stabilize)

cheers
JJB    [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (www.jjbfrap.eu) ]

Analysis1.png
2023-9-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 9-29 02:40
Does anybody here know the address of this guy... I'm happy to pay cash...

I want to personally take the sand out of your beaver...

Threatening violence for no reason at all.
So as well as being ignorant, you are thug.
2023-9-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-29 02:26
Where am I wrong?

Hi Sean,

compass/yaw error is pure a compass yaw/error....

If the drone position is changed in flight (not due to RC pitch and/or roll input) than the sotfware want to steer back to drone to the old position. For this it needs old and change GPS position data.

But to know wich direction to move back it needs compass data.
With good compass/yaw data software knows wich motors needs more/less revs to fly back in the correct direction.

But it if the (compass)/yaw is for example 90 degrees off value, than the incorrect motors get more revs, means more offset from old position, more corrections etc etc.
Compass heading is at powering ON stored in yaw channels....not only compass but also gyro calculate yaw changes.
Problem is that not the only compass heading is used for corrections but another yaw channel as well.
This is why if you power ON your drone, with at that moment a compass offset due to metal close by, after takeoff the compass turns to the correct heading but NOT the data in the other yaw channel....

So if you start a flight with good compass, it is possible to change in flight momentarily compass hdg by magnet close by   or landin at a metal car roof etc.

cheers
JJB

2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-29 02:00
I think you will find that much of that IS in the manual but that you need to read the manual several times to grasp the significance of words/terminology that are/is new to you. At least that's what I found.  Then, if you are not certain you understand something ASK QUESTIONS, some people may 'slap you down' for asking a 'silly question', don't let those people 'get to you'/upset-you, ignore them, we all have to start somewhere and others WILL give helpful answers.

VPS etc is discussed in the manual from page 19. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/20230728/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_User_Manual_v1.6_EN.pdf"Using the Vision Systems

I must admit that I did not read this part carefully enough and internalized it. And I agree with you that I need to read the manual several times and more concentrated. But in short, I don't consider this drone a beginner's drone, although it has many safety features, there are still enough cases that a beginner doesn't have on the screen and unexpected accidents can happen. Fortunately, so far all my little accidents have gone smoothly and I hope that will be less in the future but really safe I no longer feel. What happens, for example, when the connection to the RC turns red and indicates that there is no longer a connection? I had this already at a Entfehrnung of 1000 meters and put a RTH for safety's sake what worked. This means that nevertheless a connection to the drone existed ? And if I do nothing, how long does it take for the drone to initiate an RTH on its own? In theory everything sounds safe but when I fly outside a little further away from the HP and such things occur it is anything but safe for my perception.
2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-29 03:21
I must admit that I did not read this part carefully enough and internalized it. And I agree with you that I need to read the manual several times and more concentrated. But in short, I don't consider this drone a beginner's drone, although it has many safety features, there are still enough cases that a beginner doesn't have on the screen and unexpected accidents can happen. Fortunately, so far all my little accidents have gone smoothly and I hope that will be less in the future but really safe I no longer feel. What happens, for example, when the connection to the RC turns red and indicates that there is no longer a connection? I had this already at a Entfehrnung of 1000 meters and put a RTH for safety's sake what worked. This means that nevertheless a connection to the drone existed ? And if I do nothing, how long does it take for the drone to initiate an RTH on its own? In theory everything sounds safe but when I fly outside a little further away from the HP and such things occur it is anything but safe for my perception.

Sorry to 'repeat this Space Dream' but the RTH behaviours are documented in the manual and it is one section that really should well read. EVERY DJI drone has caught me out in someway in relation to RTH behaviour.
This is not helped by the fact that DJI change RTH behaviours of each model and sometimes with firmware versions. My suggestion would be go to an open, safe place with a paper copy of the manual and work your way through ALL the RTH behaviours INCLUDING the failsafe RTH and distance variations.

"What happens, for example, when the connection to the RC turns red and indicates that there is no longer a connection?" I can't answer that from memory sorry, I don't remember at what stage the indicator goes red. I think I normally go by a screen message saying the drone has disconnected but it's a fair while since I had an unintended disconnection.

"This means that nevertheless a connection to the drone existed ?" Unfortunately that is not necessarily correct, the Mini 3 Pro has a very short delay period, 3 seconds, between disconnection and the start of the failsafe behaviour, meaning that it could have started the failsafe behaviour before you raised that it had disconnected. Bear in mind I am deaf so I do not hear any 'spoken' warnings.

"And if I do nothing, how long does it take for the drone to initiate an RTH on its own?"
3 seconds and this is mentioned in the manual, p16

"Failsafe RTH
The action the aircraft performs once it loses the remote controller signal can be set as Return to Home, Land, or Hover in DJI Fly. If the action was set as Return to Home in advance, and where the Home Point has been recorded, the GNSS signal is good, and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe
RTH will automatically activate once the remote controller signal is lost for more than three seconds.
"
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

@ Labroides - In atti mode indoors, you need to be very gentle on the sticks because the drone has no "brakes"
                         If you aren't familiar with atti mode flying, it can seem like it's running away.

Atti mode I also had to google and found this extensive explanation:

https://www.flyability.com/atti
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-29 03:49
Sorry to 'repeat this Space Dream' but the RTH behaviours are documented in the manual and it is one section that really should well read. EVERY DJI drone has caught me out in someway in relation to RTH behaviour.
This is not helped by the fact that DJI change RTH behaviours of each model and sometimes with firmware versions. My suggestion would be go to an open, safe place with a paper copy of the manual and work your way through ALL the RTH behaviours INCLUDING the failsafe RTH and distance variations.

Apparently I was attentive enough to initiate RTH before the 3 seconds, but I will try to implement

your advice and take the time on a suitable outdoor surface to try out and test these functions.

2023-9-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 9-29 03:09
Threatening violence for no reason at all.
So as well as being ignorant, you are thug.

Keep hiding behind the keyboard, you little turd!

That's as good as it will ever get for you...
2023-9-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules