Shooting a continuous video moving from bright to low light
865 2 2023-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hugh S
lvl.1
Ireland

I shoot videos of cars with the Pocket 2.
Exterior first (normally in well illuminated area) in auto mode.

I then pause the video, and move to the interior of the car. The video gets really grainy and cannot handle the low light and also the contrast between dark aspects and the brightness (e.g. light/sun shining through the glass).

Is my only option to shoot 2 separate videos and edit them together afterwards? If I continue to use Auto for the exterior, what settings are optimal to shoot the interior?

thank you for any suggestions. I tried to upload 2 stills of video to show this point.

Exterior Sharp in Auto mode

Exterior Sharp in Auto mode

Interior Grainy

Interior Grainy
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Hugh S. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the difficulties encountered.
When recording videos, the camera’s shutter speed will be limited to (a 1/frame rate). In this condition, to shoot videos with a low amount of hot pixels, a larger camera sensor, aperture, or ISO is required. However, the sensor and aperture of DJI Pocket 2 remain unchanged. To obtain a clear and visible view, DJI Pocket 2 will increase the ISO to improve the camera’s exposure capacity in a dark environment, but the side effect is those hot pixels will appear. When you switched to a darker environment and retained  Auto mode, DJI Pocket 2 will automatically increase the ISO (camera sensibility wherein the higher the value, the brighter the screen) to enhance screen brightness. Furthermore, among all photography devices on the market, there’s a balance sought between sensibility and hot pixels. To decrease hot pixels, you can try to control the screen brightness to decrease hot pixel images. For details, refer to the solution below:
1. Increase the brightness of the shooting environment: Use the mobile phone’s flashlight function or use an auxiliary bottom light to supplement the light.
2. Adjust the DJI Pocket 2 parameters: When recording videos, decrease the shooting frame rate. Or, decrease the shutter speed and ISO when shooting photos.
Alternatively, you may shoot two separate videos and edit them through post-processing. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is going to be tricky for any camera. Especially the high contrast inside.
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules