Gimbal Lock Behavior
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertmitchellphoto
lvl.3
United States

I'm a little confused by the gimbal lock feature. I was under the impression that when you power down the Mavic 3, the gimbal lock is activated. Unless I'm missing something, the behavior of my gimbal lock is not right.

When I power up the drone, the gimbal is locked. When I power down the drone,the gimbal is released and is free floating. Is there a setting for the lock or is my drone malfunctioning?
2023-1-31
Use props
robertmitchellphoto
lvl.3
United States

Ahhh, never mind. I just spoke to DJI Tech Support and got clarification about the Gimbal Lock feature. I thought it was supposed to lock when powered down so you can safely transport the drone without gimbal movement. It turns out that the lock feature is to prevent the gimbal from moving when you're flying and it's windy. This was always an issue with the Mavic 2 Pro. In some wind conditions and pitch of drone, the gimbal would shift. It was very annoying.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, robertmitchellphoto. Thanks for reaching out. We're glad to know that your concern has been resolved. In addition,  please note that the Mavic 3 Classic does not have the built-in gimbal lock feature that the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Cine have. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2023-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules