DJI O3 Manual Recording
6132 5 2023-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
polorex0
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello guys,

This might be a stupid question but I am new to this and cant figure it out or find the answer online. How do I add a mode for manually recording with the DJI O3 system in Betaflight?

I put on a TBS Crossfire reciever and I am using the Tango II controller. I want to be able to assign a button to manually start and stop recording with the O3 system, just like you can with the DJI FPV controller 2. Right now the only way i found is to activate automatic record when arming the quad through the goggles.

Thanks for any help

2023-1-31
Use props
CloudyMedia
lvl.2

Canada

I would love this as well
2023-2-16
Use props
auleo
lvl.1

Brazil

+1 ... did you guys ever get an answer for this somewhere else? Does this feature does not exist? Having start / stop recording tied to arming / disarming the drone is VERY annoying at times, specially if you crash, you won't have the whole crash footage.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, polorex0. Thank you for reaching out. How to set up manual recording with a third-party remote control needs to be adjusted according to the third-party flight control settings. Regretfully, DJI cannot provide relevant tutorials for this.
It is recommended to record manually through flying glasses. The DJI Goggles 2 can choose to record through the drop-down menu in the glasses while DJI Goggles V2 can record through the record button on the glasses. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-4-13
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916526 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-13 19:24
Hi, polorex0. Thank you for reaching out. How to set up manual recording with a third-party remote control needs to be adjusted according to the third-party flight control settings. Regretfully, DJI cannot provide relevant tutorials for this.
It is recommended to record manually through flying glasses. The DJI Goggles 2 can choose to record through the drop-down menu in the glasses while DJI Goggles V2 can record through the record button on the glasses. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

you guys should work with betaflight to get this set up! this could be programmed to use an aux switch and then you could do it with any controller. this would be a huge benefit to all your customers running the 03 air unit!
2023-8-22
Use props
midji
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

IF ON BOARD RECORDING ON THE O3 IS ALL YOU NEED, do this in your goggles 2: ensure adequate and more power is available to the O3 ( i connected only the red and black wires  to power 12vdc and 2.5A. all other wires were left alone - no flight controller or anything, just power)  used for non fpv drone applications- on your wing or rc car or whatever.   So, in your goggles 2, keep the "auto low power" setting on to start with. Next, pick the sd card on the O3 to record on. Setting to record on to "both" (goggles-sd card and O3-sd card)  Next when you want to start recording, in goggles, switch the "auto low power" to off and next swipe down in the goggles and hit record in the top menu.  I got 4k-120fps recorded on the SD card. however, it said O3 processor over heated in about a minute. SO use heat sinks or fans or be from a very cold place. (firmwares: latest as on today) confirm here once you try. all the best
2023-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules