01.06.0200 without problems
2641 19 2023-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

There seem to be quite a few reports of signal issues with aircraft firmware 01.06.0200 on the Mini 2.

Oddly, I haven't seen any responses from anyone flying that version without problems.

So, if you are flying that version without signal problems, and are able to use the auto frequency setting please respond here.
2023-1-31
Use props
Ssayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629482 ft
United States

You just want me to jinx myself, right??? No problem at all here...
2023-1-31
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ssayer Posted at 1-31 14:37
You just want me to jinx myself, right??? No problem at all here...

Hmmm, didn't think of that... Hope you crossed your fingers as you replied
2023-1-31
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

Ditto from me NOT. That said, I've not had more than one flight since the update but it went aok. Do you think it might be useful to understand if those that are reporting issues with the firmware what geo area they are in? It may not be, but it occurs to me that perhaps it is variable dependending on your location (North America for example, apparently has different wifi standards than the UK et al I think).
2023-1-31
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

GT2022 Posted at 1-31 21:10
Ditto from me NOT. That said, I've not had more than one flight since the update but it went aok. Do you think it might be useful to understand if those that are reporting issues with the firmware what geo area they are in? It may not be, but it occurs to me that perhaps it is variable dependending on your location (North America for example, apparently has different wifi standards than the UK et al I think).

Good point. There are definite differences between operating in an. FCC governed area Vs a CE governed area.

So if any replies here could mention which of the two they are operating in (or other if there are other areas) then maybe we can spot a pattern.
2023-2-1
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

Yes well I suppose the country of origin is part of the profile display isn't it. So we who have thus far posted in this thread would tally but 1 UK, 1 US and 1 Aus. Out of those three NOT, I believe you are (on CE) and therefore different to the US (on FCC). Australia is apparently on a thing called RCM. See this thread from the DJI Forum ... https://forum.dji.com/thread-97449-1-1.html and the thread content points from "...CE is a European standard.
FCC is a American standard.
But Australia has their own regulation called RCM, see below..."
2023-2-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Frequency set to Auto from day 1. Everything updated to latest and have had no range nor other problems. SO FAR!
Update:  Just checked both of my Mini 2s, the serial nos. all begin with 3. That is batteries, flight controllers and remote controllers and, as I'm UK based I fly CE!
2023-2-1
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 836752 ft
Brazil

I do not believe that the problem is region, I have 2 friends who have the latest version and had no problems losing signal like me.
I believe this problem is perhaps related to the type of use, I have always used 4k 30fps for video, JPG+raw photos, my friends 1080-30fps jpg photos, this may have somehow caused the drone to heat up which in turn, burned some component of the board prematurely!

2023-2-1
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I haven’t been out for a wee while, I did get one disconnect before the newest firmware at about 100m not been out since, what makes me wonder is my first mini 2 almost exactly a year ago had a strange firmware  higher version than anyone else’s.

My mini 2 had the 5 at the beginning of the serial where very few had this. DJI assistant offered me a “firmware update” which was lower than my version but did state update. I upgraded and went out to test and immediately whenever I selected pano the mini 2 disconnected with load of errors. Since it was new I returned it and the replacement had zero issues. I am wondering now if the ver3 serial minis are the ones having issues as there was some small hardware changes between the 2 versions?
2023-2-1
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hmmm, some interesting theories here...

My particular worry is the video posted in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-282752-1-1.html where moving the controller just a few centimetres results on a lost correction on 5GHz but not on 2.4GHz.

I am in a CE region, but really don't fancy upgrading this time. However the last firmware upgrade happened totally by accident, so I am being extra careful!
2023-2-1
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Only problem I had was about 3 flights after updating, I lost signal while the drone was on the ground about 4 feet from me. Lost signal for about a second and it came back. No issues since.
2023-2-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Updated post 7#.
2023-2-2
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 2-2 02:02
Updated post 7#.

Thanks Yogi. Good set of info there - and encouraging (will also check my serials as soon as I get a chance.
2023-2-2
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 2-1 08:00
Frequency set to Auto from day 1. Everything updated to latest and have had no range nor other problems. SO FAR!
Update:  Just checked both of my Mini 2s, the serial nos. all begin with 3. That is batteries, flight controllers and remote controllers and, as I'm UK based I fly CE!

yogi, where does one look for the serial number? My eyes find it difficult to read the small print on the batteries and RC etc. Is this something that you can check in software perhaps?
2023-2-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

GT2022 Posted at 2-2 16:02
yogi, where does one look for the serial number? My eyes find it difficult to read the small print on the batteries and RC etc. Is this something that you can check in software perhaps?

Go into settings (3 dots top right of display) Select heading About, scroll down and you will find serial nos. for flight controller, battery in use, remote controller and even camera installed.
2023-2-3
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

yogi053 Posted at 2-3 03:18
Go into settings (3 dots top right of display) Select heading About, scroll down and you will find serial nos. for flight controller, battery in use, remote controller and even camera installed.

Thanks yogi
2023-2-3
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You're most welcome.
2023-2-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 2-1 08:00

Just checked mine and the serial starts with a 3... Still haven't updated yet, though.

Hoping to fly in the next few days but in an unfamiliar area so won't be updating before then just in case ...
2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_29BrytN3Q74G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328783 ft
Italy

RE: 01.06.0200 with problems!

I did update V01.06.0200 to my Mini 2 and I have this problem with the quickshot circle!! What to do to fix it??? No problem before upgrading! Thank you!. This is my https://youtu.be/KZdalqhSz-ovideo
2023-2-4
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

Well yogi, I went into the settings and it seems my batteries are prefixed with a 3. The RC is however is prefixed 5. I think what we are looking for though is the batteries and again, they are 3's.
2023-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules