REVIEW Mavic 3 CLASSIC - Bardenas Reales
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnandaJNT
lvl.1

France

What are my first feelings about this drone?

I really enjoyed working with the Mavic 3 Classic, I think it is the direct competitor and replacement for the Mavic 2 pro I had until now. If it is not already the case it will quickly become one of the references if not THE reference in its range and can address both the amateur and the seasoned professional.
I was able to test this drone for a month and I chose to go and discover geological treasures in France in the Auvergne and in Spain in the Bardenas. These places, with their geometry, colours, graphics and relief, allowed me to really test the capabilities of the Mavic 3 classic as well as the quality of its sensor, and one thing can be said; I was not disappointed.

The Mavic 3 classic has a 20 megapixel Hasselblad 4/3 sensor. The larger sensor means better definition in the image, better contrast management and better management of highlights and lowlights. I found the difference with the Mavic 2 pro in very low light situations to be very noticeable, and the colour and noise management was much better on the Mavic 3 Classic.

You can shoot up to 60fps in 5.1k and up to 120fps in 4k which allows you to do long slow motion shots and also to benefit from an exceptional quality for professional videographers. I chose to shoot everything in 5.1k at 60fps which allowed me to speed up or slow down my videos in post processing as I wished and keep the maximum of information in my image.

Like the Mavic 2 pro you can shoot in Dlog and get the maximum amount of information in the image or stay in normal mode so you don't have to spend too much time on colour grading afterwards. I found that the normal mode, which I used almost 80% of the time during my tests, was really excellent with impeccable colour and luminosity management, a step above the Mavic 2 pro.
I did not test it for this project but I saw that there is a night mode that allows you to go up to ISO 12800, it's just crazy and apparently for a very clean rendering, on occasion I will test it!

What are the elements that impressed me the most?

One thing that for me is a CRUCIAL thing: the battery! The battery of the Mavic 3 classic allows you to film for 45 minutes, it's huge. This very long battery life is a real advantage for this drone, it allows you to take more time for your rushes, but also to be able to do several spots with the same battery. This time also allows you to leave with less battery in the bag and therefore be able to bring more stuff.

I felt really reassured and much more comfortable with these 45 minutes of flight than with the Mavic pro 2 which has almost half as much flight autonomy.
One of the elements where I was very pleasantly surprised: the radio control!

It's so light, the grip is excellent, much better than the Mavic pro 2 and even a step above the Mavic 3 and the menus are in French! The screen in full sun is readable. A very big hit on the RC of this drone.

The obstacle detection is also very advanced, honestly to spit in something you really want because it detects EVERYTHING even I had no worries of disconnection with this drone.
My conclusion is that this drone is currently the best value for money on the market, it replaces the Mavic 2 pro and is clearly more affordable than the Mavic 3 cine which is mainly aimed at professionals!

Find my work on skypixel here:
Skypixel Ananda Joinet

2023-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2023-2-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spectacular views.    
2023-2-1
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Merci, tres bien fait!
2023-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2023-2-2
Use props
djiuser_fcUcZgEZpVvO
New

Spain

Se puede volar con el dron en Bardenas? Navarra?
2023-9-15
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

5.1k at 50 not 60fps... But I agree, the more I fly mine, the more I am in love with this drone.   So smooth.  Coming from the Air 2 (not S) its a big step up and the flight time is really spectacular.  I shot a real-estate video today with about 30 stills, and a continuous 22 minute video (a 100 acre farm property), and still had battery to spare.  I find it quieter than my old Air 2... which is still quite a capable drone, but that sold to the next guy!  Nice review. Thanks for sharing.
2023-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules