Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3T unpredictable RTH and APAS behaviour.
1080 3 2023-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkEye_Oradea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358606 ft
Romania

Hi! I recently bought a Mavic 3T for SAR(voluntary work) and Solar Panel Inspection missions.

It works great and it's a really capable drone, but I have two issues with it:
The first one is the fact that after executing any sort of waypoint mission (oblique, live recording, classic waypoint, doesn't matter), even if RTH after finish is checked, the drone just hovers in place, even if the remote displays "Returning to Home..."

The problem is inconssistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If i do a mission and the Auto RTH doesn't work, i land the drone, reboot, and sometimes it magically works again. Sometimes it's "stuck" in RTH, meaning no manual input works, unless i press the pause button multiple times.

Another inconssistent problem is the APAS. In the exact same lighting conditions, it sometimes avoids obstacles and sometimes it just brakes. I checked several times, OA is set to "Avoid".
If it decides to Brake, for the remainder of the flight, you can't make the drone avoid obstacles automatically. You need to land and reboot. I really need the avoid feature to work because in SAR missions i sometimes need to fly close to the ground over rough terrain and the OA does an amazing job of following the contour of the surroundings.

Anyone experienced the same issue? I'm on the latest version, as of today, 1st of February 2023.

2023-2-1
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

I have Mavic 3 not Mavic 3T, but there’s a video on YouTube that shows the drone will brake or “suspend”  and hover in place regardless of whether you have set to “bypass” or “brake” if an obstacle is encountered during a waypoint mission.
   It could be a bug or it could be a desired behavior because obviously you would never intentionally plan a waypoint mission to collide with an obstacle.  If APAS kicks in, then obviously something has gone terribly wrong with one's planning or an unexpected obstacle has entered the path of the drone.    I haven't tested to see what happens if you attempt to disable APAS or if disabling APAS is even possible during a waypoint mission.  Nobody wants to test it  

2023-2-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DroneApe Posted at 2-1 05:14
I have Mavic 3 not Mavic 3T, but there’s a video on YouTube that shows the drone will brake or “suspend”  and hover in place regardless of whether you have set to “bypass” or “brake” if an obstacle is encountered during a waypoint mission.
   It could be a bug or it could be a desired behavior because obviously you would never intentionally plan a waypoint mission to collide with an obstacle.  If APAS kicks in, then obviously something has gone terribly wrong with one's planning or an unexpected obstacle has entered the path of the drone.    I haven't tested to see what happens if you attempt to disable APAS or if disabling APAS is even possible during a waypoint mission.  Nobody wants to test it  

"I haven't tested to see what happens if you attempt to disable APAS or if disabling APAS is even possible during a waypoint mission"

My guess is that it will behave the same as the OA in a RTH, with APAS off  in a RTH the OA is ON.
Close to an obstacle it will cancel the RTH and just hover if close to HP, flying further away from HP it will bypass the obstacle.

cheers
JJB
2023-2-2
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 2-2 01:59
"I haven't tested to see what happens if you attempt to disable APAS or if disabling APAS is even possible during a waypoint mission"

My guess is that it will behave the same as the OA in a RTH, with APAS off  in a RTH the OA is ON.

Yeah, I’ll test it. There’s nothing in the manual that I could find under the waypoint section.  I can set the speed to 0.22 mph when planning a mission.  I should be able to get out of the way if it’s flying at 0.22 mph. ;)
I’ll test it at short range and have a friend help me test it at long-ish range.
2023-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules