successfull indoor external load operation!?!
184 0 2023-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_P9K0yIX7ioH7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94672 ft
Canada

...I could not resist the crave to try this...first and foremost, I must say I'm a newbie with drones...never flew drone before the avata... and this thing is a blast!!
long story short,
I wake up one morning with this new and unexpected urge to try FPV Drones...I had to...so I got one...

Earning a living flying helicopters I walked into the drone world with some preconcieved ideas as regarding to what could be done with these things, and one of the main question I had was: can this thing "slings" some external loads???
so after getting used to more regular outside flying and getting very impressed with the performance of the aircraft,
I still desperatelly wanted to fly my new drone during bad weather or at night...so I started to fly indoor...in the garage...
Didn't work so good at first
but after figuring out how the thing locate itself witout gps, I was able to fix the unstabillity issue and get a super precise hover 100% ot time...
then I started to test some riggings...
Didn't work so good at first
but I found a way not to interfere with the downward sensors...and to my own surprise...it worked!!
so far, flying with the motion controler in normal mode i'm able to take off, position over the hook, lift the empty hook, fly over a "load", pick it up, and fly it to a different location to drop it off with surprising precision...wearing the googles all the time with head tracking on...this blew my mind!
yo DJI! Avata should have an external load mode!!...couple easy tweeks from a cumputer wiz could make it happen!!!
not done testing with rigging...but it works very good. With more practice, I think I'll be able to make successives loads in decent amount of time and then maybe try to assemble mutiple pieces together...kinda simulating to maximum what I do when working...double blow my mind!!
anyway...just felt like sharing this one...as I'm pretty stoke with the aircraft so far...lots of fun running tests and ideas...
these things might just put me out of work soon enough!!!...crazy!
thanks for reading...

2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules