Configuration for always create *.jgw file
1038 6 2023-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexandresantos
New

Brazil

Hi Everyone!!

I've a Phanton4 Advanced and Mini 2 Fly drones, but I'd like to create always for each *jpg file the *.jgw correspondent. This because sometimes I've *.jgw and other not in the memory card.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please any help with it?

2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Thank you for your inquiry.
Please understand that this file cannot be created directly, may we know why do you want to create it? Then we'll see if we can help you further.
Thank you.
2023-2-2
Use props
alexandresantos
New

Brazil

Hi Natalia,

I want to create it to use to georeference single drone image from metadata file. Please, tips to create .jgw files are welcome.

Thanks,

Alexandre
2023-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alexandresantos Posted at 2-2 04:08
Hi Natalia,

I want to create it to use to georeference single drone image from metadata file. Please, tips to create .jgw files are welcome.

The photos will contains GPS location in the exif data which you can use to position the image on a map however there isn't sufficient data to recreate a .jgw file from the exif header.  
2023-2-2
Use props
alexandresantos
New

Brazil

Yeah, DJI Natalia and DAFlys, I'm looking for an algorithm (python, formulas, whatever...) to georeference a single drone image based on its EXIF data.
2023-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alexandresantos Posted at 2-2 06:51
Yeah, DJI Natalia and DAFlys, I'm looking for an algorithm (python, formulas, whatever...) to georeference a single drone image based on its EXIF data.

I think the best you are going to do is take the long and lat from the exif and assume that the centre of the photo is that location,  assuming you're doing ortho at -90 degrees.   
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

alexandresantos Posted at 2-2 04:08
Hi Natalia,

Hi, Alexandre,
Sorry for the belated reply.
We are sorry to inform you that Phanton4 Advanced and Mini 2 don't support creating *.jgw file and your requirement can not be met at this time.
We sincerely hope you can understand it and if there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules