Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8771509 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Hi guys

I came across a seller who has display/demo units up for sale brand new and sealed for a lower price. Have any of you heard what a demo unit is? And are there any limitations to performances, features, firmware updates, and etc. ?
2023-2-1
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Added note, seller's personal mavic 3 classic is also a display unit and flyable, but just concerned if firmware may be different from a standard release version
2023-2-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Some display units are just shells. If he's local, check it out. Make sure it flies.
2023-2-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The shell demos are a good source of plastic parts and at least there's a fair chance they are genuine, lol
2023-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

As MobileHomer says, test it and make sure it flys first before paying but if really cheap and its just a dummy than like Sean said, will be good as parts.
2023-2-1
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Well the prices are about 200 bucks cheaper than a normal unit. It works, and definitely not a shell. Flew like normal. But worried like if the firmware is locked or if settings will reset after every startup that sort of thing.
2023-2-1
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

I saw a shop called D1 I think in australia that do have a selection of ex-demo units so wondering if they perform the same too.
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that the Demo units of the product are provided to dealers for usage; this special firmware is only supplied to Authorized Retail Stores or Dealers. For Demo units, the takeoff or intelligent functions maybe not be workable. If the product is malfunctioning, please contact the salesperson or superior agent for feedback. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ranrick Posted at 2-1 21:32
Well the prices are about 200 bucks cheaper than a normal unit. It works, and definitely not a shell. Flew like normal. But worried like if the firmware is locked or if settings will reset after every startup that sort of thing.

200 $ and flying...

Wow...   
2023-2-1
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

frankymusik Posted at 2-1 22:53
200 $ and flying...

Wow...

200 bucks CHEAPER as said. Nothing's gotta fly well with just 200 bucks alone lol
2023-2-1
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 22:42
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that the Demo units of the product are provided to dealers for usage; this special firmware is only supplied to Authorized Retail Stores or Dealers. For Demo units, the takeoff or intelligent functions maybe not be workable. If the product is malfunctioning, please contact the salesperson or superior agent for feedback. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Noted with this, thanks for the insight. And I presume the firmware cannot be changed nor updated, is that correct?
2023-2-1
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

But yeah, saw quite a few selling these type of units from the mini 2 to air 2s as well, curious that people would buy them even if the firmware was not optimized for its features. Though the drones I saw at least flew and got the basics done, and maybe that's enough for those people. Oh well, better stick to the usual just to be sure. Saving 200 bucks would be nice but already spending that much for a mavic 3 anyway, so what's another 200 lol.
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ranrick Posted at 2-1 23:00
Noted with this, thanks for the insight. And I presume the firmware cannot be changed nor updated, is that correct?

You're most welcome. You may try updating the firmware through the DJI Assistant 2 software, but there's no guarantee it will be successful. In case it fails, you'll need to contact the seller directly. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Stay safe!
2023-2-5
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 23:44
You're most welcome. You may try updating the firmware through the DJI Assistant 2 software, but there's no guarantee it will be successful. In case it fails, you'll need to contact the seller directly. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Stay safe!

Thanks for that! On a different topic, I apologize for the segue, may I ask how long till one gets the product icon after drone activation? I activated a new mavic 3 classic yesterday and the icon still hadn't popped up under my profile
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ranrick Posted at 2-5 23:59
Thanks for that! On a different topic, I apologize for the segue, may I ask how long till one gets the product icon after drone activation? I activated a new mavic 3 classic yesterday and the icon still hadn't popped up under my profile

You're welcome. Kindly ensure that your flight records are synced and wait for over two days for them to reflect. Please keep us posted so we may check if in case it still doesn't show.
2023-2-6
Use props
fansed1ed4bd
New

Australia

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that the Demo units of the product are provided to dealers for usage; this special firmware is only supplied to Authorized Retail Stores or Dealers. For Demo units, the takeoff or intelligent functions maybe not be workable. If the product is malfunctioning, please contact the salesperson or superior agent for feedback. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi tony
I bought an air 2S display unit about 3 months ago and it was working fine. About a week ago I updated the firmware and now I can’t take off. I have used the DJI assistance 2 to downgrade the firmware but with no success. Just wondering is there any I can do.
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansed1ed4bd Posted at 6-3 16:45
Hi tony
I bought an air 2S display unit about 3 months ago and it was working fine. About a week ago I updated the firmware and now I can’t take off. I have used the DJI assistance 2 to downgrade the firmware but with no success. Just wondering is there any I can do.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read you're encountering such an issue. We apologize, but in this case, you are recommended to contact the dealer directly for assistance. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-6-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

For $200 difference, I think i would avoid the headache and just get a proper retail new drone.  When is a headache ever worth $200??
2023-6-4
Use props
fans4f3e5468
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119747 ft
United States

It seems like you say shell, it's just gutted. You just can't put functional parts inside?
2023-7-25
Use props
fans4f3e5468
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119747 ft
United States

Afer all they start out as a shell on the assembly line.
....js
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_XfDESH1KsDaY
lvl.1
Romania

This is an official response from Dji, about mavic 3 classic display unit
2023-7-27
Use props
Sierra_Delta21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28291 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello everybody,

I am also interessted in this topic as I bought a second hand drone and after I bought I saw in the box that was a DJI Mavic 3 Display Unit. The drone goes well but I cannot update the firmaware from VV01.00.0500, either with the app or via the DJI Assitant 2. Is it possible to do something about it? I would like to have the latest firmware and also have the C1 label if possible because is not labeled and I live in Switzerland.

Thanks
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sierra_Delta21 Posted at 10-20 10:58
Hello everybody,

I am also interessted in this topic as I bought a second hand drone and after I bought I saw in the box that was a DJI Mavic 3 Display Unit. The drone goes well but I cannot update the firmaware from VV01.00.0500, either with the app or via the DJI Assitant 2. Is it possible to do something about it? I would like to have the latest firmware and also have the C1 label if possible because is not labeled and I live in Switzerland.

Hello there. May I know what the issue is when you try to update it from Assistant 2? Thank you.
2023-10-22
Use props
OldAirbender
lvl.1
Flight distance : 777211 ft

Ireland

Hi, is there a way to activate Mavic 3 display unit? I bought one for parts but it is in such a great condition that I thought it would be great to try and activate it. It is fully functional but the activation was refused.
2023-11-14
Use props
LukeB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 850 ft
Australia

ranrick Posted at 2-1 21:33
I saw a shop called D1 I think in australia that do have a selection of ex-demo units so wondering if they perform the same too.

D1 is a legit DJI dealer here in AUS.
https://www.d1store.com.au/categories/dji-mavic-series
You may get a shock at the prices though given that the $AU is about $0.64 to $US
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_8Gsaca1Pw1t2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564521 ft
  • >>>
United States

ranrick Posted at 2-1 19:23
Added note, seller's personal mavic 3 classic is also a display unit and flyable, but just concerned if firmware may be different from a standard release version

Wow 200 for the m3 classic? Awesome
2023-12-13
Use props
WaWan Rustic
New

Indonesia

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that the Demo units of the product are provided to dealers for usage; this special firmware is only supplied to Authorized Retail Stores or Dealers. For Demo units, the takeoff or intelligent functions maybe not be workable. If the product is malfunctioning, please contact the salesperson or superior agent for feedback. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Is the product safe in terms of features, performance and firmware???
2023-12-30
Use props
WaWan Rustic
New

Indonesia

Has anyone ever encountered a DEMO product? So how does it perform and is it safe?
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WaWan Rustic Posted at 12-30 21:12
Is the product safe in terms of features, performance and firmware???

Hi there, WanWan. I replied to your DM, Please kindly check your forum inbox. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-31
Use props
DJIguy91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142635 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey everyone, Did anyone find out if there is a way of updating FW on a display demo drone? I have a display demo Mavic 3 pro
4-10 05:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DJIguy91 Posted at 4-10 05:57
Hey everyone, Did anyone find out if there is a way of updating FW on a display demo drone? I have a display demo Mavic 3 pro

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted.
4-11 00:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DJIguy91 Posted at 4-10 05:57
Hey everyone, Did anyone find out if there is a way of updating FW on a display demo drone? I have a display demo Mavic 3 pro

Thank you for patiently waiting. It is recommended to try downloading the DJI Assistant 2 software (consumer series) for updating. If that doesn't work, please contact the seller where you purchased the unit for replacement. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.

DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
4-13 22:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules