Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 04:36
Winds are 27mph at the moment although there is some sun but Ive already had a long outing this morning so I probably wont head out again,  that and Ive missed high tide now.

Tomorrow is oyster bed day.

Don't blame you for not heading out again today with those winds.  

I bet you are a bit excited for oyster bed day.  
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 04:59
Don't blame you for not heading out again today with those winds.  

I bet you are a bit excited for oyster bed day.

Yes. weather forecast looks good for it and it will make a change.  
2023-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 05:09
Yes. weather forecast looks good for it and it will make a change.

Always nice to try a different venue.  I got a feeling it will be an interesting flight.
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 05:25
Always nice to try a different venue.  I got a feeling it will be an interesting flight.

I hope so,  Im now a battery down for it though   
2023-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 06:08
I hope so,  Im now a battery down for it though

No problem for a seasoned flyer such as yourself.  I have no doubt it will be a successful venture.
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 13:05
No problem for a seasoned flyer such as yourself.  I have no doubt it will be a successful venture.

I was just checking out the location on maps and im not getting a cunning plan yet
2023-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 13:15
I was just checking out the location on maps and im not getting a cunning plan yet

Hopefully, it will be a no wind or only a light wind morning and you can stretch the batteries to the max.  Back-up plan could be the M2P comes out of the hangar.  
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 13:18
Hopefully, it will be a no wind or only a light wind morning and you can stretch the batteries to the max.  Back-up plan could be the M2P comes out of the hangar.

Good plan.  I might chuck those batteries on charge before bed.   
2023-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 13:21
Good plan.  I might chuck those batteries on charge before bed.

Just an idea I had.  I know the M2P will be up for the challenge.
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 13:38
Just an idea I had.  I know the M2P will be up for the challenge.

I must confess I forgot to go and charge the. batteries so I just flew a couple of Mini 3 batteries.   Sadly my timings were off,  low tide was at 6:15am and I got there a bit latter than planned at 9am and they were all under water already.   But still quite visible so I took some shots which are copying now.  
2023-2-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 02:39
I must confess I forgot to go and charge the. batteries so I just flew a couple of Mini 3 batteries.   Sadly my timings were off,  low tide was at 6:15am and I got there a bit latter than planned at 9am and they were all under water already.   But still quite visible so I took some shots which are copying now.

Looks like you slept in a bit this morning or had other priorities before heading out for the morning drone shots.  I understand how that goes.  
2023-2-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-4 04:14
Looks like you slept in a bit this morning or had other priorities before heading out for the morning drone shots.  I understand how that goes.

Not me.  I was out at 6am. But after SHMBOd was ready to go  she wanted me to get a part for the mil from our version if home depot.   Id guess we were 50 minutes later than id planned but judging by the water it would still be too late
2023-2-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 12:12
Not me.  I was out at 6am. But after SHMBOd was ready to go  she wanted me to get a part for the mil from our version if home depot.   Id guess we were 50 minutes later than id planned but judging by the water it would still be too late

For sure timing the tides is much more accurate than weather guessing.  
2023-2-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-4 12:29
For sure timing the tides is much more accurate than weather guessing.

Id wrongly assumed that three after low tide would have been plenty but oh well,  there's always next week.   Good excuse for a walk and a flight.
2023-2-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 23:50
Id wrongly assumed that three after low tide would have been plenty but oh well,  there's always next week.   Good excuse for a walk and a flight.

Getting a good walk in is always a healthy excuse but getting a walk and a flight in is a bonus.
2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-5 05:37
Getting a good walk in is always a healthy excuse but getting a walk and a flight in is a bonus.

It was a nice spot too,   but considering when I checked it out it was in the middle of nowhere I had expected to see zero people,   but it was actually really busy there.  
2023-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 00:50
It was a nice spot too,   but considering when I checked it out it was in the middle of nowhere I had expected to see zero people,   but it was actually really busy there.

Probably a popular spot for lots of walkers.  
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 03:52
Probably a popular spot for lots of walkers.

It was.  There are lots if remote beaches that allow dogs.
2023-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 05:21
It was.  There are lots if remote beaches that allow dogs.

That's good to hear.  Seems lately all the local beaches but one are banning dogs.  They say they don't have the funds to continuously clean up poop and don't have enough law enforcement to dedicate to patrol on the beaches for offenders.
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 14:10
That's good to hear.  Seems lately all the local beaches but one are banning dogs.  They say they don't have the funds to continuously clean up poop and don't have enough law enforcement to dedicate to patrol on the beaches for offenders.

Its like that near here but instead of a total ban,  they only allow dogs out of season.  Oct to March I think they are allowed.
2023-2-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 00:19
Its like that near here but instead of a total ban,  they only allow dogs out of season.  Oct to March I think they are allowed.

That's probably a more manageable plan.
2023-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-7 03:43
That's probably a more manageable plan.

-4c and thick fog again today,  although the forecast was -2c and clear.  lol.  I may take advantage and pay a visit to the beach this morning.  But I wont be swimming.    It's low tide.  
2023-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 00:04
-4c and thick fog again today,  although the forecast was -2c and clear.  lol.  I may take advantage and pay a visit to the beach this morning.  But I wont be swimming.    It's low tide.

I saw those awesome above the fog shots you captured.  

You could join the "Polar Bear Club" by swimming at -4C.  Going to be a toasty 28C here today and I'm still stuck on light duty.  Oh well, one day at a time.  

2023-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 03:51
I saw those awesome above the fog shots you captured.  

You could join the "Polar Bear Club" by swimming at -4C.  Going to be a toasty 28C here today and I'm still stuck on light duty.  Oh well, one day at a time.

Ill pass in that thanks.
Just took this
2023-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 03:56
Ill pass in that thanks.
Just took this
[view_image]

Another great shot.    No doubt that is some heavy fog.  I'd be saying coming on sun and burn that off.  
2023-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 04:16
Another great shot.    No doubt that is some heavy fog.  I'd be saying coming on sun and burn that off.

Its just started to get clearer.    Second walk done.  Just a short 5miles on the flat by the sea.  
2023-2-8
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Great job. love the vibrant colors!
2023-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 04:19
Its just started to get clearer.    Second walk done.  Just a short 5miles on the flat by the sea.

I got to get off this light duty so I can get back to swimming and diving.  I have put on 3 pounds since I broke my collarbone.  Sad news is I knew not being active I needed to cut back on the calories and I did but still put on those 3 pounds.  
2023-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PixelPro Posted at 2-8 09:50
Great job. love the vibrant colors!

Cheers PixelPro.  
2023-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 11:08
I got to get off this light duty so I can get back to swimming and diving.  I have put on 3 pounds since I broke my collarbone.  Sad news is I knew not being active I needed to cut back on the calories and I did but still put on those 3 pounds.

Sounds like you need to cut out the beer for a bit.   
2023-2-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-9 00:45
Sounds like you need to cut out the beer for a bit.

That would be a great idea.  However, since the accident and the meds I was on I basically quit drinking beers for over 4 weeks.  So my 3 beer fridges are fully stocked.  I'm just going to have to be more attentive to portion control.
2023-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-9 04:21
That would be a great idea.  However, since the accident and the meds I was on I basically quit drinking beers for over 4 weeks.  So my 3 beer fridges are fully stocked.  I'm just going to have to be more attentive to portion control.

So you were forced into dry January.    Oh well,  it wont do any harm.  
2023-2-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-9 04:22
So you were forced into dry January.    Oh well,  it wont do any harm.

I probably needed to cut back a bit anyway so the meds were the perfect excuse to temporarily stop.  
2023-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-9 04:47
I probably needed to cut back a bit anyway so the meds were the perfect excuse to temporarily stop.

We all probably do to be fair.  
2023-2-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-9 04:50
We all probably do to be fair.

Roger that.  

To keep from getting bored today I think I'm going to get out all my pistols and give them a good cleaning and lubricating.  I haven't been to the indoor range since early December and I cleaned them after that so they probably just need a light coat of gun lube.  That is if I can manage doing it one handed as I still have to baby the arm on the broken collar bone side.
2023-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-9 05:00
Roger that.  

To keep from getting bored today I think I'm going to get out all my pistols and give them a good cleaning and lubricating.  I haven't been to the indoor range since early December and I cleaned them after that so they probably just need a light coat of gun lube.  That is if I can manage doing it one handed as I still have to baby the arm on the broken collar bone side.

Sounds like a good plan,   I just went to checkout a TOALP for the onion and thought Id found a good spot until I turned around and saw it was right outside a shooting range.  Dont think flying over that is the best idea.  
2023-2-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-9 05:02
Sounds like a good plan,   I just went to checkout a TOALP for the onion and thought Id found a good spot until I turned around and saw it was right outside a shooting range.  Dont think flying over that is the best idea.

Probably not.  A few of the people I've seen at the indoor range have a hard time hitting the target at 27 meters.  Imagine how bad they'd be at an outdoor range at three times that shooting distance.  

It would be like "Hey I missed the target but shot down a drone flying over".
2023-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-9 05:31
Probably not.  A few of the people I've seen at the indoor range have a hard time hitting the target at 27 meters.  Imagine how bad they'd be at an outdoor range at three times that shooting distance.  

It would be like "Hey I missed the target but shot down a drone flying over".

Moving target too.
2023-2-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-9 05:45
Moving target too.

2023-2-10
Use props