963 4 2023-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XplorerDinesh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Hello Guys,
I have a fairly new mavic air 2s and I have recently noticed that one of the motor (the front right motor) is not as smooth as the rest. When slowly moved by finger, it feels like a jittery kind of movement as if the lube/oil has dried or something is stuck. I am pretty sure, i have not flown it in sandy or dusty areas and always land on the landing pad, so I highly doubt if any sand particle has gone inside. I dont want to spray WD-40 as well, as I believe it will damage the motors. Just wanted to know, if this is normal with mavic air 2s (because one of my friend's drone (same model) is having the same problem with the front left motor). As of now, I havent faced any problem/errors while flying it.
Please suggest what can I do in this scenario.
Thanks and Regards,
https://www.youtube.com/XplorerDinesh

2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, XplorerDinesh. Thank you for reaching out. For normal brushless motors, the resistance of forward and reverse rotation is the same, which is composed of cogging torque and friction resistance. When rotating the motor with a hand, it would be like this. This is normal and is due to design. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day

2023-2-2
Use props
XplorerDinesh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

DJI Tony Posted at 2-2 04:13
Hi, XplorerDinesh. Thank you for reaching out. For normal brushless motors, the resistance of forward and reverse rotation is the same, which is composed of cogging torque and friction resistance. When rotating the motor with a hand, it would be like this. This is normal and is due to design. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day

Thanks Tony for the quick response.
2023-2-8
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I dont want to spray WD-40 as well, as I believe it will damage the motors.

As DJI Tony mentions, the motors are probably perfectly fine.

Do not spray anything in the motors, it will likely damage them.
And especially not WD-40. The "normal" WD-40 is a solvent, NOT a lubricant as people tend to believe. But WD-40 is a strong brand name, that is why the company also uses the name WD-40 on other products they make, including som good lubricants.
But the standard blue/yellow WD-40 boxes that can be purchased everywhere, is a solvent.
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

XplorerDinesh Posted at 2-8 22:35
Thanks Tony for the quick response.

You are most welcome. Have a nice day.
2023-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules