DJI Avata issues?
2277 3 2023-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satoriwolf
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi Guys,

I am about to invest in the new DJI Avata and after reading through some reviews on amazon and other sites, I am a bit concerned. All the negative reviews are the same, (positive reviewers outweigh the negative) which goes like this

''Unfortunately, European users are restricted to CE mode, which at best on the release firmware has a range of 300-350m before completely disconnecting from the Goggles and remote. Once you start breaking line of sight weaving through obstacles, hitting gaps etc, the video signal severely degrades and starts lagging/pixelating. Hopefully* a future firmware update will be able to resolve the issue, or at least bring the drone to a hover instead of crashing in manual mode.
''
Is there a firmware update for this? I am based in Ireland and this would be an expensive investment for me. The other issue I am reading about is that users lose connection altogether and the drone can just fly uncontrollably into the distance until it crashes.

Has anyone had these issues?

Thanks,
2023-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you seen this -  
2023-2-2
Use props
Daviribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37749 ft
Brazil

Along with FCC issues (which can be enabled), you should be worried about the amount of fly aways this drone is getting.

and much more.

I lost mine within 5 days , as the drone flew by its own and felt in a swimming pool.
2023-2-6
Use props
Satoriwolf
lvl.1

Ireland

Daviribeiro Posted at 2-6 08:00
Along with FCC issues (which can be enabled), you should be worried about the amount of fly aways this drone is getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uysnzg7ODoc

wow thats awful, did you find out why this is happening? obviously, a bug of some sort but is there acknowledgment?
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules