123Next >
35326 102 2023-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whatever_12
lvl.3
Flight distance : 354639 ft
Poland

Still a mess and still every user is waiting what will happen with the certification :/
2023-6-24
Use props
OGGMagnus
lvl.1

Norway

Any updates? My drone is useless in Norway if I don't get the C1 certification. Hope DJI fixes this soon.
2023-7-24
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

OGGMagnus Posted at 7-24 06:11
Any updates? My drone is useless in Norway if I don't get the C1 certification. Hope DJI fixes this soon.

Why are saying that ? I suppose that in Norway there are a lot of beautiful locations where flying an A3 scenario makes a lot o  f sense. Your country has the lowest density of population of Europe then it should  not be too difficult to find places with no buildings and people. Unfortunately in my country it is not the same ...
2023-7-24
Use props
OGGMagnus
lvl.1

Norway

FabioV Posted at 7-24 09:10
Why are saying that ? I suppose that in Norway there are a lot of beautiful locations where flying an A3 scenario makes a lot o  f sense. Your country has the lowest density of population of Europe then it should  not be too difficult to find places with no buildings and people. Unfortunately in my country it is not the same ...

Many places to fly, but the laws are restrictive and we have lots of restricted areas to protect nature and animals. Which makes it more difficult with also having my drone in the A3 category instead of the C1. And it also not being able to be in A2 because of no C-certification.

Low population density does not mean lots of free space. Many airports, protected lands, huts, buildings. It's getting harder, and C1 certification would make it easier and less of a hassle to plan days in advance where and when one can fly.

But, yes it is possible to fly with A3 but it's not what it once was.
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

since air 3 is resent i think they will be no certification, but it does not mean this air craft will be illegal in EU? am i right ??
2023-7-25
Use props
Orlet
lvl.1
Lithuania

It would appear that the brand new Air 3 doesn't have an EU class certification either... Very interesting. And at the same time like super confusing.
Lucky for me, I will be able to fly mine until mid-2025 under national STS scenarios here, so hopefully DJI and EU will finally sort this crab by then...

[edit:] I have been corrected below, apparently Air 3 does have C1 certification.

2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Orlet Posted at 7-25 09:56
It would appear that the brand new Air 3 doesn't have an EU class certification either... Very interesting. And at the same time like super confusing.
Lucky for me, I will be able to fly mine until mid-2025 under national STS scenarios here, so hopefully DJI and EU will finally sort this crab by then...

1.JPG
DJI_Air_3_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf (djicdn.com)
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Orlet Posted at 7-25 09:56

me too until 2026, but im curious what will be further with prelonging this certificates
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

LV_Forestry Posted at 7-25 10:25
[view_image]

so it happened and they use MTOM nomenclature
it is stupidness for all DJIs dronesde facto TOM = MTOM
2023-7-25
Use props
Orlet
lvl.1
Lithuania

LV_Forestry Posted at 7-25 10:25
[view_image]

Ah, thanks for the correction. I was expecting them to at least sport this on the main product page somewhere...
I guess we can only hope DJI remembers us, Air 2S users...
2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Orlet Posted at 7-25 11:22
Ah, thanks for the correction. I was expecting them to at least sport this on the main product page somewhere...
I guess we can only hope DJI remembers us, Air 2S users...

All this is obscure, you have to look in the appendix of the manual to find the information. I agree that a small (or big) C1 logo would be welcome directly on the product page.

But theoretically there should no longer be any new drones put on the market without the C label.
1.JPG

No DJI I assure you, I cannot accept any counterpart for this design, I offer it to you gladly.
2023-7-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fateofangel Posted at 7-25 10:42
so it happened and they use MTOM nomenclature
it is stupidness for all DJIs dronesde facto TOM = MTOM

MTOM and TOM are not the same (de jure and de facto). And it’s a good thing that in the more recent drones DJI provides an official statement about the MTOM.
I don’t know how EASA will adjust the regulation, but at present only MTOM is mentioned and the most of DJI drones do not have a MTOM officially declared.
2023-7-25
Use props
Orlet
lvl.1
Lithuania

LV_Forestry Posted at 7-25 11:38
All this is obscure, you have to look in the appendix of the manual to find the information. I agree that a small (or big) C1 logo would be welcome directly on the product page.

But theoretically there should no longer be any new drones put on the market without the C label.

What I find interesting, is the SPL for Air 3 is listed (in the C1 certification appendix) as 81 dB. This is pretty loud (for comparison, the internets list "kerbside of a busy road" as 80 dB SPL, and "Vacuum cleaner" as 70 dB), so makes me wonder how is this measured. It means Air 3 is more than twice as loud as a vacuum cleaner.This makes me wonder whether Air 2S can actually be louder than that, since sound level was one of the possible reasons why it might not get C1 cert. If it is comparably loud, or not this loud, then it means we could feasibly get C1 certification for it.I certainly don't find it loud, and it feels quieter than the Mavic Mini I used to fly.

2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

FabioV Posted at 7-25 12:27
MTOM and TOM are not the same (de jure and de facto). And it’s a good thing that in the more recent drones DJI provides an official statement about the MTOM.
I don’t know how EASA will adjust the regulation, but at present only MTOM is mentioned and the most of DJI drones do not have a MTOM officially declared.

so what is TOM and MTOM of A2s? its not the same but both are 595 grams (de facto)
2023-7-25
Use props
Orlet
lvl.1
Lithuania

FabioV Posted at 7-25 12:27
I don’t know how EASA will adjust the regulation, but at present only MTOM is mentioned and the most of DJI drones do not have a MTOM officially declared.

Yup, this TOM vs MTOM is one of the sticking points regarding the new regulations. But from what I've seen, EASA is sticking to MTOM, so having that specified is going to be one part of the certification.
DJI is likely to do the same they did with Air 3 -- specify MTOM as the TOM of a drone with the original accessories and apply the rule that any non-listed accessories/payloads will break the C1 certification. Thus effectively making MTOM of Air 2S the listed TOM of 595g when original battery, propellers are used, with SD card, and no additional payloads.
Another interesting thing I've noticed about the C1 appendix for the Air 3 is the fixed "Auto" setting for the landing LED, and fixed "on" setting for front LEDs, compared to operations outside of EU where these are changeable.
2023-7-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fateofangel Posted at 7-25 12:34
so what is TOM and MTOM of A2s? its not the same but both are 595 grams (de facto)

The Air 2s does not have a MTOM. The MTOM must be declared by the manufacturer and, up to now,, he did not.
If you can share an official statement from EASA telling that when MTOM is not declared, the TOM can be considered instead, please let us know.
If not, MTOM=TOM is just an assumption from your side.
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

FabioV Posted at 7-25 13:19
The Air 2s does not have a MTOM. The MTOM must be declared by the manufacturer and, up to now,, he did not.
If you can share an official statement from EASA telling that when MTOM is not declared, the TOM can be considered instead, please let us know.
If not, MTOM=TOM is just an assumption from your side.

it not must be declared by manufacturer, every homo sapiens sapiens can logically prove this MTOM value from existing data, maybe expect you On other thread some guy unraveled why DJI does not update MTOM values in the user manuals of present products. They will not declare the MTOM that is sales issue
2023-7-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fateofangel Posted at 7-25 13:30
it not must be declared by manufacturer, every homo sapiens sapiens can logically prove this MTOM value from existing data, maybe expect you  On other thread some guy unraveled why DJI does not update MTOM values in the user manuals of present products. They will not declare the MTOM that is sales issue

What you’re not understanding (but all we know your limits) is that in the aerospace industry MTOM has a clear definition, it’s not only matter of putting something on a scale. It’s up to the manufacturer the declaration of the MTOM of an aircraft. And if the manufacturer does not declare it, nobody can do.
https://www.skybrary.aero/articles/maximum-take-mass-mtom#:~:text=Definition,to%20structural%20or%20other%20limits.
2023-7-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FabioV Posted at 7-25 13:46
What you’re not understanding (but all we know your limits) is that in the aerospace industry MTOM has a clear definition, it’s not only matter of putting something on a scale. It’s up to the manufacturer the declaration of the MTOM of an aircraft. And if the manufacturer does not declare it, nobody can do.
https://www.skybrary.aero/articles/maximum-take-mass-mtom#:~:text=Definition,to%20structural%20or%20other%20limits.

maximum take-off mass’ (‘MTOM’) means the maximum Unmanned Aircraft mass, including payload and fuel, as defined by the manufacturer or the builder, at which the Unmanned Aircraft can be operated

Chapter 1 article 3 of the 945

or the builder...
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

FabioV Posted at 7-25 13:46
What you’re not understanding (but all we know your limits) is that in the aerospace industry MTOM has a clear definition, it’s not only matter of putting something on a scale. It’s up to the manufacturer the declaration of the MTOM of an aircraft. And if the manufacturer does not declare it, nobody can do.

i understand it very clearly, but if you have a brain you use your brain, you dont need somone elses guadience, thats the difrence between de facto and de jure
2023-7-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 7-25 13:47
maximum take-off mass’ (‘MTOM’) means the maximum Unmanned Aircraft mass, including payload and fuel, as defined by the manufacturer or the builder, at which the Unmanned Aircraft can be operated

Chapter 1 article 3 of the 945

Yes, you're right. Also the builder can define the MTOM. I'm responsible of defining the MTOM of my self built F450 drone.
2023-7-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

fateofangel Posted at 7-25 13:54
i understand it very clearly, but if you have a brain you use your brain, you dont need somone elses guadience, thats the difrence between de facto and de jure

When dealing with regulations, using your brain in a too much creative way may bring to a non-compliance. Your brain can tell you that you can run without any risks at 300 Km/h on a free highway, and probably you're right. But in most countries the cops would disagree and give you a huge ticket.
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

FabioV Posted at 7-25 22:16
When dealing with regulations, using your brain in a too much creative way may bring to a non-compliance. Your brain can tell you that you can run without any risks at 300 Km/h on a free highway, and probably you're right. But in most countries the cops would disagree and give you a huge ticket.

man i know you are right but you know me, i have to disagree
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_TjaaGWMDwZId
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194652 ft
Poland

DJI Diana Posted at 2-2 15:04
You're most welcome. Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you again for being patient.
Witam. 2 tygodnie temu kupiłem nowego DJI Air2s i pytanie czy dostanie on certyfikat C1 w roku 2024. Bo jeśli nie dostanie o pieniądze zostały wyrzucone w błoto, a nikt z nas nie chce być wyrzucony na pola i łąki z dala od miast, a jak wielu użytkowników DJI air2s będziemy bardzo zawiedzeni że firma DJI odwróciła się od nas
2023-8-27
Use props
Nightelf_PL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132165 ft
Poland

djiuser_TjaaGWMDwZId Posted at 8-27 02:10
Witam. 2 tygodnie temu kupiłem nowego DJI Air2s i pytanie czy dostanie on certyfikat C1 w roku 2024. Bo jeśli nie dostanie o pieniądze zostały wyrzucone w błoto, a nikt z nas nie chce być wyrzucony na pola i łąki z dala od miast, a jak wielu użytkowników DJI air2s będziemy bardzo zawiedzeni że firma DJI odwróciła się od nas

I was asking same thing few days ago. Unfortunately there is no clear response https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 733&pid=3111361
2023-8-27
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

im sure it wont be labeled
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_TjaaGWMDwZId Posted at 8-27 02:10
Witam. 2 tygodnie temu kupiłem nowego DJI Air2s i pytanie czy dostanie on certyfikat C1 w roku 2024. Bo jeśli nie dostanie o pieniądze zostały wyrzucone w błoto, a nikt z nas nie chce być wyrzucony na pola i łąki z dala od miast, a jak wielu użytkowników DJI air2s będziemy bardzo zawiedzeni że firma DJI odwróciła się od nas

Hi. Thank you for bringing this up. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. More details will be announced in due course. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-8-27
Use props
djiuser_TjaaGWMDwZId
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194652 ft
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 05:57
Its possible that the Air2S doesn't meet the C1 requirements,   for example the Mavic 3 came with new softer props to make it compliant ready,  I doubt that they did that with the Air2S.

A takie Mini czym są lepsze od Air2s i dostały C0
2023-8-29
Use props
Nightelf_PL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132165 ft
Poland

Even C2 category would be better than no category.
2023-9-3
Use props
Ssalvo79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29685 ft
Italy

Hello, news for label c1 for Air 2s?
2023-9-27
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Non news up to now ... And I'm not optimistic for the future.
2023-9-27
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Ssalvo79 Posted at 9-27 01:06
Hello, news for label c1 for Air 2s?

DJI has zero interest in get the Air 2S marked as C1, so don't keep any hope
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Fozando Posted at 11-4 10:30
DJI has zero interest in get the Air 2S marked as C1, so don't keep any hope

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for future drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming years. More details will be announced in due course. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-11-5
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 17:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for future drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming years. More details will be announced in due course. We appreciate your understanding.

The Air 2S is not a future drone model, it is much older than other models that are going to obtain the certification, but it has all the necessary elements to get it.

So don't tell me unconsistent arguments DJI Paladin. At this point is when I realize that I am talking with a bot... so useless.

DJI doesn't matter its customers, it just has the interest in their wallets.

2023-11-6
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 17:05

I’m forgetting how many times I’ve read this sentence in the last year. It is always the same and it does not provide any useful information to the Air 2s owners.
I kindly ask DJI to be more serious and to provide an answer to the question, also if negative. Maybe we cannot expect  C1 label for our Air 2s, but all of us, having invested money in your products, at least we deserve a clear answer.
Thanks for understanding.
2023-11-6
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

If you want to keep any hope, this is what are saying from DJI support right now:

2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Fozando Posted at 11-6 09:01
The Air 2S is not a future drone model, it is much older than other models that are going to obtain the certification, but it has all the necessary elements to get it.

So don't tell me unconsistent arguments DJI Paladin. At this point is when I realize that I am talking with a bot... so useless.

We do apologize if we can only do much. We will surely announce necessary updates once available. Hope for your understanding and support. Thank you.
2023-11-9
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-9 03:29
We do apologize if we can only do much. We will surely announce necessary updates once available. Hope for your understanding and support. Thank you.

With the confirmation of the C1 class certificate for the Air2S is enough.

Bored of reading over and over the same copy-paste message.
2023-11-9
Use props
fansbd5b8031
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456457 ft
Switzerland

I have been following this for over a year now. Although there have been some signs that the c1 class certificate would come before the end of 2023, I now highly doubt that it will happen at all. I have regularly contacted DJI about this and am still getting the generic, once new information is available bla bla. The fact that the air 2s won't get the certificate is one thing, but the fact that they are still selling a drone that will virtually be unusable in a lot of places in Europe, I find just mind blowing.
2023-12-11
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Todavía sin respuesta clara.
Dji debería de comunicar a sus clientes que drones recibirán el marcado de clase, Dji conoce las limitaciones y sabe perfectamente que drones lo cumplen. Sólo depende de ellos.
2023-12-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules