Satellite map is blurry
4070 36 2023-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aleksandar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87215 ft
United States

It's unacceptable for a remote controller (DJI RC) to have such low-quality satellite maps in 2023. The resolution of the maps in both flight mode and caching is extremely poor, although it has excellent resolution when using "Fly spots". The controller is connected via a fast hotspot.

2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We do notice the issue that the Maptiler has lower satellite accuracy in some countries, our relevant team is working on this issue as well, thanks for your feedback, which will help us to improve this service quality better and optimize this issue in future App versions. Please stay tuned for our DJI official website update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, sadly this is an ongoing issue, the fly spot map is from the DJI website, its not using the in-app map, i think this is why Fly Spots uses Google Maps, having said that it looks like the online Geo Zone Map now uses MapTiler also, not sure how long that's been a thing.

Anyway, my opinion is that because DJI is not allowed to use Google services in their screened RC's, they have resorted to using MapBox (wasn't too bad) previously and now the very limited resolution, MapTiler, we've been told it's supposed to be fixed but this was months ago, so do not hold your breath. If it's imperative for a flight to have high res sat maps then i would suggest buying a used N1 remote and use ya phone, for now.
2023-2-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ever since DJI started using Maptiler the resolution quality has been terrible.  It is a know issue but to date DJI hasn't corrected the problem.
2023-2-3
Use props
Sashe
lvl.2
United States

To set waypoints on the map and see anything at all, I need to purchase a second, inexpensive controller. It won't be money well spent.
2023-2-4
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

We are waiting for a fix
2023-2-4
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

This issue affects some countries only. In my home country (Italy) the maps are detailed enough to support the flights:

The same detail level can be found also in France and Germany.

2023-2-6
Use props
Sashe
lvl.2
United States

FabioV Posted at 2-6 03:20
This issue affects some countries only. In my home country (Italy) the maps are detailed enough to support the flights:

https://youtu.be/SuT694ef-UQ

Thats great for pilots from Italy, Germany, and France, not all countries have the same level of support. DJI should include in its promotional materials for the DJI RC that support may vary among countries.
2023-2-6
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Sashe Posted at 2-6 03:43
Thats great for pilots from Italy, Germany, and France, not all countries have the same level of support. DJI should include in its promotional materials for the DJI RC that support may vary among countries.

I agree that DJI must provide the same level of quality in all the countries. This is quite obvious, considering that the price list is the same everywhere. I just wanted to share what is going on here. This probably explains why the users involved on this topic come from a well defined set of geographical areas only.

2023-2-6
Use props
AGRASuasUSER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2628757 ft
United States

Ever since the change we can't get any maps to load on our AGRAS MG-1S remote. Tried to update everything, roll back to previous firmware, switch between hotspots, switch between tiler/amap  settings. Any tricks to get this to work, i would settle for a low res map at this point. Waiting to hear back from support, they must be busy
2023-2-6
Use props
fansaae62276
lvl.2

Canada

Wish I had of seen this post last week
2023-2-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Truthfully, the MAP is great!!! The satellite view is terrible.
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-22 17:59
Truthfully, the MAP is great!!! The satellite view is terrible.

Hello, we're sorry for the trouble. We are now working on this issue and we really appreciate your feedback as this will help us to optimize the issue in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-24
Use props
brokensword
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141 ft
France

dji please fix this problem .this is really annoying to have this great rc controller with this low quality satellite map.
2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

brokensword Posted at 3-5 14:14
dji please fix this problem .this is really annoying to have this great rc controller with this low quality satellite map.

We acknowledge that the issue is still occurring and want to assure you that we are taking all necessary steps to resolve it. As soon as we have new updates, we will let all users know. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We ask for your understanding as we work to resolve the situation in a timely and effective manner. Have a nice day.
2023-3-6
Use props
ata_bahamas
lvl.1

Bahamas

Can we please have some feedback on when this issue will be fixed? It's so bad that I cannot plan flights because I cannot make out sufficient detail. Please advise.
2023-6-22
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-24 02:13
Hello, we're sorry for the trouble. We are now working on this issue and we really appreciate your feedback as this will help us to optimize the issue in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This Issue and the user request is not new!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268644

With the firmware change in June 2022, DJI switched to Maptiler and since I started my thread, DJI is supposedly working on this issue.

Working means in a few months, having a solution. I'm sure it's just financial reasons not to improve it.
2023-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RoZis Posted at 6-23 07:07
This Issue and the user request is not new!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268644

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We do notice the issue that the Maptiler has lower satellite accuracy in some countries, our relevant team is working on this issue as well, thanks for your feedback, which will help us to improve this service quality better and optimize this issue in future App versions. Please stay tuned on our DJI official website update. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-6-25
Use props
PatrickR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131010 ft
Germany

It also occurs in Germany in the country, so it is not only country-dependent.

Bw,
Patrick
2023-7-1
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I wonder if the RC2 will still use the same maps..
2023-7-1
Use props
Miguel Briones
lvl.1

Mexico

The Maps on my DJI Mini which is new, are completely blurred , I have taken my drone to DJI Mexico and they don't know how to solve the issue.
It is really unacceptable to a new product not working properly.
I even have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus obsidian edition and it is happening the same thing.
I use my drones for working purposes . it is a real shame that DJI doesn't do anything to solve this very important issue.I do expect that DJI gets in touch directly with me and tell me how they are going to slve this immediately.

brionesproducciones@mac.com
2023-8-23
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

Maptiler promised me that HighRes might be available in August in 1.2m/pixel (2022, Germany / other regions will follow)
Only a few more days - nothing changed, still on 10m/pixel

Will not buy any new DJI drone until this gap is closed.
2023-8-25
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

It´s done!
Maptiler updated satellite aerial picture Germany to 1,2m/pixel
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 644&pid=3123346
2023-9-5
Use props
fans89c02a3d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168297 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-2 19:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We do notice the issue that the Maptiler has lower satellite accuracy in some countries, our relevant team is working on this issue as well, thanks for your feedback, which will help us to improve this service quality better and optimize this issue in future App versions. Please stay tuned for our DJI official website update. Thank you for your understanding and support.

What is the status on this issue?
It is now December 2023 and the maps are still blurry.
Creating waypoints are impossible using the satellite view maps.
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans89c02a3d Posted at 12-6 10:47
What is the status on this issue?
It is now December 2023 and the maps are still blurry.
Creating waypoints are impossible using the satellite view maps.

Thank you for your response. Can you please download the latest DJI fly app on your DJI RC and check if the issue persists? If yes, please provide us with a screen recording of your RC so we can check. Thank you.
2023-12-7
Use props
fans89c02a3d
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-7 03:31
Thank you for your response. Can you please download the latest DJI fly app on your DJI RC and check if the issue persists? If yes, please provide us with a screen recording of your RC so we can check. Thank you.

I have the DJI RCThe RC states everything is up to date.
The map is very blurry as you will see from the uploaded screen recording.

2023-12-7
Use props
fans89c02a3d
lvl.2
United States

The current firmware version of my RC V01.03.0700. I used the DJI Assistant to perform the upgrade, however the maps are still burly.
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans89c02a3d Posted at 12-7 13:11
I have the DJI RCThe RC states everything is up to date.
The map is very blurry as you will see from the uploaded screen recording.
https://cdn.djivideos.com/video_play/8bc96897-b735-41f5-91c0-8b8749b96bd2

Thank you for your response. We have coordinated this issue with our designated department and they are now aware of it. Rest assured that we are now working on this issue. We will continue to optimize our product in the future app version. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-11
Use props
fans89c02a3d
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-11 02:07
Thank you for your response. We have coordinated this issue with our designated department and they are now aware of it. Rest assured that we are now working on this issue. We will continue to optimize our product in the future app version. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Thank you for your response, but I'm sure with the number of complaints DJI has know about this issue since they released the FlyApp. It's been a year that I know of and nothing has been addressed regarding the maps.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans89c02a3d Posted at 12-11 05:37
Thank you for your response, but I'm sure with the number of complaints DJI has know about this issue since they released the FlyApp. It's been a year that I know of and nothing has been addressed regarding the maps.

We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to the respective team. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

And..... here you can see, your concern being assessed by the DJI team...

2023-12-12
Use props
fans89c02a3d
lvl.2
United States

That's exactly where it goes...
2023-12-12
Use props
Steve HB
New
Flight distance : 96670 ft

South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-2-2 19:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We do notice the issue that the Maptiler has lower satellite accuracy in some countries, our relevant team is working on this issue as well, thanks for your feedback, which will help us to improve this service quality better and optimize this issue in future App versions. Please stay tuned for our DJI official website update. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Please, this needs to be sorted, having invested in the mini pro 4 my expectations and impression were high until I needed to plan a waypoint mission to video/photo a forest road in Malawi constructed two years ago that has resulted in serious environmental issues for an report (which the drone was mainly purchased for) The satellite images are not up to date and do not show the road as in Google Earth which makes planning all the more difficult as the drone should follow the road.
1-18 23:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Steve HB Posted at 1-18 23:02
Please, this needs to be sorted, having invested in the mini pro 4 my expectations and impression were high until I needed to plan a waypoint mission to video/photo a forest road in Malawi constructed two years ago that has resulted in serious environmental issues for an report (which the drone was mainly purchased for) The satellite images are not up to date and do not show the road as in Google Earth which makes planning all the more difficult as the drone should follow the road.

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that we will make a follow-up regarding this concern. If there is subsequent optimization, we will surely release a new app version as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-21 22:30
Use props
fans89c02a3d
lvl.2
United States

fans89c02a3d Posted at 2023-12-12 05:33
That's exactly where it goes...

It is now March 2024 and this issue has not been resolved.
It looks like DJI could care less about the people that has spent money on their Drones.
But why should they being that they already have our money.
3-20 18:25
Use props
fans89c02a3d
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-2-2 19:12

Are there any updates on the map resolution issue?
4-10 06:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans89c02a3d Posted at 4-10 06:34
Are there any updates on the map resolution issue?

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, we don't have a timeframe for when this issue will be resolved. Rest assured that we will continue to record such feedback and forward it to the relevant team for attention. We suggest subscribing to our official website for the latest news and updates. We appreciate your understanding.
4-11 00:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules