Does Remote Identification work?
8143 38 2023-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WA4OSH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

I believe I configured the Remote Identification correctly, but it does not seem to show up on my Remote ID reader.

Here are my firmware versions:
Aircraft:                  V01.00.5200
Remote Controller: V01.00.5200
DJI GO 4:                V 4.3.54

In the DJI GO 4 application, I go to MC settings, Remote Identification.
UUID - ON
Identification and Flight Info - ON
Identification (up to 10 characters) - I entered my FTN number here
Flight Info (up to 90 characters) - I entered DJI Phantom 4 pro V2 followed by its serial number

...and submit.

When the aircraft lifts off, it should send the UAS lat/lon and altitude, the UAS RID (the serial number of the aircraft), and the drone velocity.  It should also relay the Control Station's lat/lon and elevation, a time mark and emergency status from the remote controller.

I see nothing on my Remote ID reader.

Why is this an issue?  I just registered this aircraft under part 107 registration and had to indicate that it does not do Remote ID.

Did anyone else get it to work?  Is Remote ID in the planning stage?  Or is my Phantom 4 Pro V4 headed to the garbage dump fall of 2023?

MC Settings Remote ID

MC Settings Remote ID
2023-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The phantom 4 doesn't have remote ID,    It only supports Aeroscope which is a DJI product.
2023-2-3
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 01:30
The phantom 4 doesn't have remote ID,    It only supports Aeroscope which is a DJI product.

I suppose you mean that DJI Aeroscope can detect it.

FAA: "All drone pilots required to register, including those who fly for fun, for business, or for public safety, must operate their drone in accordance with the final rule on remote ID beginning September 16, 2023, which gives drone owners sufficient time to upgrade their aircraft."

The add-on modules solution offered by the FAA.  Is it really going to work?
1) Expensive -- Currently around $300
2) Heavy?  -- (any added weight reduces flight time and load capacity), and
3) Possibly can interfere with the existing drone telemetry, also on 2.4GHz WiFi.
4) If the Remote ID device falls off from 400ft AGL... it can be a real hazard.

Imagine what happens when the Remote ID device transmits on 2.4GHz when the aircraft is needing to receive telemetry on 2.4GHz.

Hopefully, DJI will fix this bug/lack of feature in the radio controller / aircraft firmware before then.

2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-3 10:44
I suppose you mean that DJI Aeroscope can detect it.

FAA: "All drone pilots required to register, including those who fly for fun, for business, or for public safety, must operate their drone in accordance with the final rule on remote ID beginning September 16, 2023, which gives drone owners sufficient time to upgrade their aircraft."

Yes.  I mean its not remote id. The uuid broadcast is for aeroscope only.   
2023-2-3
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 11:06
Yes.  I mean its not remote id. The uuid broadcast is for aeroscope only.

Do you know if the UUID transmitted from the remote controller or the aircraft?
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-3 11:22
Do you know if the UUID transmitted from the remote controller or the aircraft?

UUID is broadcast from the drone but you wont detect it without aeroscope as its not remote id.
There is a list of remote id drones here - https://www.dji.com/mobile/newsroom/news/dji-top-drone-models-approved-faa-remote-id
2023-2-3
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 11:47
UUID is broadcast from the drone but you wont detect it without aeroscope as its not remote id.
There is a list of remote id drones here - https://www.dji.com/mobile/newsroom/news/dji-top-drone-models-approved-faa-remote-id

Thanks for the info about UUID and DJI Aeroscope.

Thanks.  I've already seen the FAA's of currently approved drones.  The DJI article has a link to it.
DJI Phantom 4 is NOT supported yet.
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-3 12:42
Thanks for the info about UUID and DJI Aeroscope.

Thanks.  I've already seen the FAA's of currently approved drones.  The DJI article has a link to it.

Thats right.   And im guessing will probably be one of the last if you go by sales volumes assuming its capable
2023-2-3
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 12:54
Thats right.   And im guessing will probably be one of the last if you go by sales volumes assuming its capable

Although the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 has been discontinued, it's still the workhorse of a lot of professionals that need it for mapping, photogrammetric and analytic software.  It's like the Chevvy or Ford 1/2 pickup for the commercial drone industry.  They're becoming hard to find, even on the used market.  Amazon still has them for sale:

"DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 - Drone Quadcopter UAV with 20MP Camera 1" CMOS Sensor 4K H.265 Video 3-Axis Gimbal White  $3344."

I'm sure that the new DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise will surely phase-out the Phantom 4 in the long run.  But no support and end-of-life due to no Remote ID while new ones are still for sale on Amazon is a bit silly.  Hopefully, DJI will fix the Remote Identification to where it works.
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-3 13:36
Although the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 has been discontinued, it's still the workhorse of a lot of professionals that need it for mapping, photogrammetric and analytic software.  It's like the Chevvy or Ford 1/2 pickup for the commercial drone industry.  They're becoming hard to find, even on the used market.  Amazon still has them for sale:

"DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 - Drone Quadcopter UAV with 20MP Camera 1" CMOS Sensor 4K H.265 Video 3-Axis Gimbal White  $3344."

You can always add an external remote id module.   
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, WA4OSH. Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to our reply from the other thread you posted: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-2-5
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 02:37
You can always add an external remote id module.

Yes, so convenient, isn't it?   Currently that's only $300-ish, plus xxx grams from my weight budget, potential changes to the aircraft's cg and xxx cm3 from space needed for a payload I was planning to carry.
2023-2-5
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-5 00:26
Hi, WA4OSH. Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to our reply from the other thread you posted: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=284601&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline). Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Thank you.  I hope that DJI addresses the bug / lack of a feature with a real solution.  There are many P4's out there being used for commercial purposes that don't have a lot of alternatives.  DJI's current solutions don't address their needs.
2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-5 07:01
Yes, so convenient, isn't it?   Currently that's only $300-ish, plus xxx grams from my weight budget, potential changes to the aircraft's cg and xxx cm3 from space needed for a payload I was planning to carry.

You can blame the FAA for requiring old craft to have an external module.
2023-2-5
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 07:44
You can blame the FAA for requiring old craft to have an external module.

I can blame the people that responded to the Request For Rulemaking.  The FAA gathers the responses and comes up with rules.  I'm sure the folks at DroneTag found a great opportunity.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/rulemaking
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WA4OSH Posted at 2-5 07:04
Thank you.  I hope that DJI addresses the bug / lack of a feature with a real solution.  There are many P4's out there being used for commercial purposes that don't have a lot of alternatives.  DJI's current solutions don't address their needs.

Hi, WA4OSH. Thank you for your feedback. We understand why you're feeling that way, rest assured that we are trying our best to follow the FAA rules and regulations required to be able to keep our drones flying within the USA.  Please stay tuned to our official websites for future updates. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-8
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-8 05:02
Hi, WA4OSH. Thank you for your feedback. We understand why you're feeling that way, rest assured that we are trying our best to follow the FAA rules and regulations required to be able to keep our drones flying within the USA.  Please stay tuned to our official websites for future updates. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thanks for your follow-up.   You might have guessed, I'm an RF Test Engineer.  I realize a company has to work on the most important products first -- the new ones and address legacy products when you find the time is none.  So for example when I buy a stable product Eg. Agilent/Keysight N9000B CXA Spectrum Analyzer, I want to make sure the product I just bought is going to have continued product even after no more new ones are being sold.  I want to make sure I have product support, self-help resources, defect support, security updates and enhancement requests (Eg. to meet a change in Federal requirements in this case).  If end of sale means end of support, I lose productivity, possibly reduce my drone's security and certainly it increases my cost of ownership.  I will have to buy a new aircraft to replace it if the work-around fix (Eg. having to buy a $300 RID module) doesn't work for me.

Perhaps you can feed this idea back to the design team:  If a software upgrade does not work, how about batteries that contain a lightweight RID module?  The problem with the current RID standard is that the aircraft is broadcasting the equivalent of its VIN number instead of its license place or tail number in the case of aircraft.  The RID module should be programmable for the aircraft it's in.  If sold that ID could be changed.  This would make the upgrade plug and play,
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WA4OSH Posted at 2-8 08:04
Thanks for your follow-up.   You might have guessed, I'm an RF Test Engineer.  I realize a company has to work on the most important products first -- the new ones and address legacy products when you find the time is none.  So for example when I buy a stable product Eg. Agilent/Keysight N9000B CXA Spectrum Analyzer, I want to make sure the product I just bought is going to have continued product even after no more new ones are being sold.  I want to make sure I have product support, self-help resources, defect support, security updates and enhancement requests (Eg. to meet a change in Federal requirements in this case).  If end of sale means end of support, I lose productivity, possibly reduce my drone's security and certainly it increases my cost of ownership.  I will have to buy a new aircraft to replace it if the work-around fix (Eg. having to buy a $300 RID module) doesn't work for me.

Perhaps you can feed this idea back to the design team:  If a software upgrade does not work, how about batteries that contain a lightweight RID module?  The problem with the current RID standard is that the aircraft is broadcasting the equivalent of its VIN number instead of its license place or tail number in the case of aircraft.  The RID module should be programmable for the aircraft it's in.  If sold that ID could be changed.  This would make the upgrade plug and play,

Hi, WA4OSH. Regretfully, FAA is the one who is making the rules regarding the RID and DJI is just complying with their rules. But don't worry, I will be more than happy to forward your suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Have a good one!
2023-2-11
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-11 06:09
Hi, WA4OSH. Regretfully, FAA is the one who is making the rules regarding the RID and DJI is just complying with their rules.  But don't worry, I will be more than happy to forward your suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Have a good one!

I would like to flight test my Phantom 4 Pro V2 with an external dummy weight of 50g to simulate a Remote ID module.  What is the best place to put one?

BTW, I already have a white strobe on the top of my Phantom 4 Pro V2 and forward arms (green and red) and on the back (red) because float planes sometimes land on the lake that I fly near and fly way under 2000ft AGL.

Suggestion for future Phantom 5?  variants:  Please consider including strobes on the aircraft.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WA4OSH Posted at 2-11 16:27
I would like to flight test my Phantom 4 Pro V2 with an external dummy weight of 50g to simulate a Remote ID module.  What is the best place to put one?

BTW, I already have a white strobe on the top of my Phantom 4 Pro V2 and forward arms (green and red) and on the back (red) because float planes sometimes land on the lake that I fly near and fly way under 2000ft AGL.

Hi, WA4OSH. I have forwarded your suggestion about strobes for future products to the relevant team. As for the dummy module, may we ask first for the total weight of your aircraft with the strobes? Also, what RID module are you planning to buy? Please provide this information so that we can forward them to our relevant team for checking. Thank you.
2023-2-13
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 07:08
Hi, WA4OSH. I have forwarded your suggestion about strobes for future products to the relevant team. As for the dummy module, may we ask first for the total weight of your aircraft with the strobes? Also, what RID module are you planning to buy? Please provide this information so that we can forward them to our relevant team for checking. Thank you.

The SYMIK G600 weighs 22g ... It strobes flashing white and has the required 3km Visibility  I use dual lock to fasten the strobe to the top where it says DJI.  It's probably right where the GNSS receiver antenna sits.

The SYMIK G350 weighs  9g  ..  I strobe these flashing red and green towards the front and these have 1km visibility

I have not found a good mounting location for a solid red strobe towards the back.  It would need to be on the battery.

I have not settled on a RID module.  At $300, these are still very expensive.  Most of them appear to weigh less than 50g.

A TTGO T-Display with a 3.7v 600mAh battery and a plastic case weighs 28g.  I would expect that a Bluetooth broadcast module would weigh this much if it had access to the GNSS receiver serial bus interface and some control lines.  A second GNSS receiver brings up the cost and weight of an add-on Remote ID device to approximately 50g.

The proper location of an add-on RID module is still very puzzling to me, especially for the Phantom 4 Pro with RTK or the agricultural module where it has a downward facing multi-spectral camera.
2023-2-15
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora,  Incidentally I have been experimenting with a LoRa-APRS tracker that reports lat-lon and elevation via Amateur Radio on 433.775MHz to http://APRS.FI.  I had a nice successful flight earlier today.  The board weighs 103g and throws the center of gravity towards the back of the drone.  

In earlier trials I had the board mounted to the skids below.  The drone was not able to use the downward facing ultrasonic sensors to detect the ground.

2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WA4OSH Posted at 2-15 21:47
The SYMIK G600 weighs 22g ... It strobes flashing white and has the required 3km Visibility  I use dual lock to fasten the strobe to the top where it says DJI.  It's probably right where the GNSS receiver antenna sits.

The SYMIK G350 weighs  9g  ..  I strobe these flashing red and green towards the front and these have 1km visibility

Hi, WA4OSH. Thank you for the details. Let me forward these and ask recommendations from our relevant team.
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WA4OSH Posted at 2-15 21:56
DJI Gamora,  Incidentally I have been experimenting with a LoRa-APRS tracker that reports lat-lon and elevation via Amateur Radio on 433.775MHz to http://APRS.FI.  I had a nice successful flight earlier today.  The board weighs 103g and throws the center of gravity towards the back of the drone.  

In earlier trials I had the board mounted to the skids below.  The drone was not able to use the downward facing ultrasonic sensors to detect the ground.

Thank you for sharing this.
2023-2-18
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dear Gamora:

Please let us know if DJI is planning on updating firmware for any of the Phantom IV models to support remote ID in the United States. If not, we can begin to make other plans.

Don
2023-2-21
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

So far, it looks like many of the drones that use DJI Fly have been updated.

And. it looks like the drones that use DJI GO 4 have not been updated.  

I bought my Phantom 4 Pro V2 after September 16, 2023 thinking I was safe.  I had no way of knowing that the manufacturing date of the Phantom 4 was before Sep 2023.  Also, it wasn't clear that all those settings on the DJI GO 4 app are only for Aeroscope and not for Remote ID.  I'm still hopeful that DJI can get either a WiFi or Bluetooth version of Remote ID working by fixing the DJI GO 4 app and the DJI Phantoms (and DJI Mavics and Sparc?).  Most likely I will have to spend another $300 to get a Remote ID.  I probably won't buy another DJI drone if that happens.

2023-2-21
Use props
coold
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-11 06:09
Hi, WA4OSH. Regretfully, FAA is the one who is making the rules regarding the RID and DJI is just complying with their rules. But don't worry, I will be more than happy to forward your suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Have a good one!

@DJI Gamora,

It would appear that DJI is not bound by any FAA ambiguities. The Remote ID regulations are pretty clear. DJI had no problem implementing RID on selected drones but are choosing not to implement it on legacy "workhorse" drones which paved/paid the way for the newer drones. DJI is hoping customers abandon those drones, even though they are still being used every day, and purchase their newest offerings. They are in essence using RID as a means to boost lagging sales.

The problem of adding RID is not a technical hurdle it is Marketing 101.
2023-4-26
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

coold Posted at 4-26 09:18
@DJI Gamora,

It would appear that DJI is not bound by any FAA ambiguities. The Remote ID regulations are pretty clear. DJI had no problem implementing RID on selected drones but are choosing not to implement it on legacy "workhorse" drones which paved/paid the way for the newer drones. DJI is hoping customers abandon those drones, even though they are still being used every day, and purchase their newest offerings. They are in essence using RID as a means to boost lagging sales.

The drone needs to have the technology built into it.  Back when some of these drones were built RID wasn't even a thing.  The Phantom 4 Pro you would think would be able to handle it, but we will have top wait and be surprised if DJI does indeed release an update that adds it.  If not they may start selling RID modules that are better than the ones that are currently out there right now.  I am wanting RID built into my P4P as much as everyone else but in my opinion that will probably not happen.  But I could be wrong.
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

coold Posted at 4-26 09:18
@DJI Gamora,

It would appear that DJI is not bound by any FAA ambiguities. The Remote ID regulations are pretty clear. DJI had no problem implementing RID on selected drones but are choosing not to implement it on legacy "workhorse" drones which paved/paid the way for the newer drones. DJI is hoping customers abandon those drones, even though they are still being used every day, and purchase their newest offerings. They are in essence using RID as a means to boost lagging sales.

Hi, coold. Thank you for reaching out. The RID rule is being implemented by FAA which we need to abide by so that drones can still fly within the US airspace. If the drone does not have a RID firmware, you still have two options to  meet the identification requirements of the Remote ID rule:
• Operate a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module giving the drone's identification, location, and take-off information. A broadcast module is a device that can be attached to a drone, or a feature (such as a software upgrade) integrated with the drone. Persons operating a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module must be able to see their drone at all times during the flight. All DJI drones that were made before the Remote ID rule took effect but without RID-compliant firmware, are capable of operating with Remote ID functionality by means of an add-on Remote ID broadcast module.
• Operate (without Remote ID equipment) at FAA-recognized identification areas (FRIAs) sponsored by community-based organizations or schools. FRIAs are the only locations unmanned aircraft (drones and radio-controlled airplanes) may operate without broadcasting Remote ID message elements.

Please see more information from this link: (https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/drone_pilots).
2023-4-28
Use props
CineRik
lvl.2

United States

Given that the P4RTK *is* getting a firmware update for remote ID,  and the Mavic 2E is getting a firmware update for remote ID the list of reasons why the P4Pro (especially the V2) and the Mavic 2 PRO aren't getting one is looking like it is coming down to 'we don't want to'.

https://enterprise-insights.dji.com/blog/remote-id-dji-enterprise-drones?utm_medium=email&_hsmi=253720563&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8hWpfdbJ-NaawMgtkJy2iYr6jrXwavTKAYOhtcZPQcTzGl1ivYJdSsc5pycV955h5jE26_kXlIBMAv6uGXWDuy7cfxLQ&utm_content=253666182
2023-5-20
Use props
Steve Fraser
New

United States

What a way to look after the loyal customer base you have built of of your drones.The FAA announcement for RID was not a week ago or even a year ago there has been plenty of time for your production team to come up with a fix for your drones without RID
Do the numbers DJI it may be worth while looking after your loyal customers rather than continuing to blame the FAA
I regret giving people the recommendation to buy DJI after it seems they have let us down but still hoping they look hard at how many of there customers will be just as upset putting it nicely as I will be loosing a 2500 dollar investment and I'm only one person that this would happen to.
Let's hope DJI get us a resolution to RID and please DJI don't send back a sorry email cause at the moment I'm not happy and nothing but a fix to your phantoms and other drones will fix me!!!
Come and comment if your in the same boat as me light up the net let's get them to think really hard who got them to where they are today
2023-7-3
Use props
fans155f2861
lvl.1
Flight distance : 649101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Steve Fraser Posted at 7-3 11:42
What a way to look after the loyal customer base you have built of of your drones.The FAA announcement for RID was not a week ago or even a year ago there has been plenty of time for your production team to come up with a fix for your drones without RID
Do the numbers DJI it may be worth while looking after your loyal customers rather than continuing to blame the FAA
I regret giving people the recommendation to buy DJI after it seems they have let us down but still hoping they look hard at how many of there customers will be just as upset putting it nicely as I will be loosing a 2500 dollar investment and I'm only one person that this would happen to.

I’m with you man. I don’t fly rtk, but I do fly p4pro+. I don’t want to saddle my sleek drone with an ugly duckling remote Id module. Not to mention the cost over what I’ve already spent on my equipment. I’ve had everything from the P3 standard up to the Mavic 3 and love the DJI series of aircraft. I have my FAA license. Everyone knows this isn’t about safety, it’s about grabbing money from pie in the sky drone delivery plans that are coming or already here. I say up the weight limit to delivery drone specs and stay out of our G airspace, know nothing politicians and regulators. Maybe DJI can help us, maybe not. I’m sure  the way our government makes them feel doesn’t help matters. Why not ban google earth as well as DJI drones. Show me the difference. Please.
2023-7-8
Use props
coold
lvl.2

United States

I regret giving people the recommendation to buy DJI after it seems they have let us down but still hoping they look hard at how many of there customers will be just as upset putting it nicely as I will be loosing a 2500 dollar investment and I'm only one person that this would happen to.

The fact that even their Enterprise-level drones are listed as being non-RID ready is shocking. DJI causually states that they simply require an add-on module yet they do not provide nor guide their customers to a source for those modules. So essentially on Sept. 23 those customers will be SOL! I passed by a group of local government workers in the parking lot of a mall a few days ago. They had a Matrice 210 as well as a 600 prepping for takeoff. They will essentially be grounded in a couple of months!

The Mavic 2 Enterprise drones are barely 5 years old yet they are considered obsolete by DJI!

https://enterprise-insights.dji. ... nterprise%20Dual%2C,module%20that%20can%20transmit%20the%20required%20radio%20signals.

I think CNN needs to hear about this!

2023-7-13
Use props
coold
lvl.2

United States

coold Posted at 7-13 09:29
The fact that even their Enterprise-level drones are listed as being non-RID ready is shocking. DJI causually states that they simply require an add-on module yet they do not provide nor guide their customers to a source for those modules. So essentially on Sept. 23 those customers will be SOL! I passed by a group of local government workers in the parking lot of a mall a few days ago. They had a Matrice 210 as well as a 600 prepping for takeoff. They will essentially be grounded in a couple of months!

The Mavic 2 Enterprise drones are barely 5 years old yet they are considered obsolete by DJI!

Ok, I feel better now. I finally found what appears to be a decent solution for my Phantom 4 Pro Obsedian. Although it is backordered the review is good and it is only $199.  https://www.vertigodrones.com/Dr ... c&utm_campaign=**LP%20Shop%20-%20Catch%20All&utm_term=4579946970095949&utm_content=Catch%20All
2023-7-14
Use props
John Deere 4K
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-28 22:29
Hi, coold. Thank you for reaching out. The RID rule is being implemented by FAA which we need to abide by so that drones can still fly within the US airspace. If the drone does not have a RID firmware, you still have two options to  meet the identification requirements of the Remote ID rule:
• Operate a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module giving the drone's identification, location, and take-off information. A broadcast module is a device that can be attached to a drone, or a feature (such as a software upgrade) integrated with the drone. Persons operating a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module must be able to see their drone at all times during the flight. All DJI drones that were made before the Remote ID rule took effect but without RID-compliant firmware, are capable of operating with Remote ID functionality by means of an add-on Remote ID broadcast module.
• Operate (without Remote ID equipment) at FAA-recognized identification areas (FRIAs) sponsored by community-based organizations or schools. FRIAs are the only locations unmanned aircraft (drones and radio-controlled airplanes) may operate without broadcasting Remote ID message elements.

Okay, so, if i am forced to not use my drone that I literally just bought from DJI 4 days ago on [07/18/2023], for $2600.0 USD with all the upgrades, because of this!!! I am going to be rather upset!!!! as DJI should not be selling this drone knowing that it's gonna be illegal to use by freaking September 23!!!!!!!!,   And i am not spending $300.0 or $400.0 more on top of $2600.0 to add more weight to it!!! This is unacceptable, as this pro vs. of drone is used still by tons of people and corporations and still being sold on your website as new!!!
2023-7-22
Use props
fans246a3bee
New

United States

I regret giving people the recommendation to buy DJI after it seems they have let us down but still hoping they look hard at how many of there customers will be just as upset putting it nicely as I will be loosing a 2500 dollar investment and I'm only one person that this would happen to.

I am also sitting here wondering what i should do. Im at the point of maybe i should sell my p4p+ and 3 batteries. Unless they can do something about it.
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

John Deere 4K Posted at 7-22 20:36
Okay, so, if i am forced to not use my drone that I literally just bought from DJI 4 days ago on [07/18/2023], for $2600.0 USD with all the upgrades, because of this!!! I am going to be rather upset!!!! as DJI should not be selling this drone knowing that it's gonna be illegal to use by freaking September 23!!!!!!!!,   And i am not spending $300.0 or $400.0 more on top of $2600.0 to add more weight to it!!! This is unacceptable, as this pro vs. of drone is used still by tons of people and corporations and still being sold on your website as new!!!

HI, Johm. Which drone model are you referring to?
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_bkFoFP78Wb51
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 01:30

Will the Phantom 4 Advanced be getting a firmware update for remote ID, or all of us screwed?
2023-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_bkFoFP78Wb51 Posted at 12-24 19:16
Will the Phantom 4 Advanced be getting a firmware update for remote ID, or all of us screwed?

You can always add an external module.     Probably better that way as you wont be broadcasting the pilots location.  
2023-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules