Charging from my PC (60w USB-C port)
2626 6 2023-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raptyr
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi Guys!
I have a question. My PC is a beast and has a USB-C port on the front that is setup to be powered up to 60W for USB-C charging. Would I be able to use this to charge my new DJI Mini 3 Pro drone (arriving next week, I'm so excited I can barely sit still) or should I stick with my apple 20W charger that I use with my phone? or should I buy a separate charger altogether?

I would appreciate the advice, the last thing I want to do is damage my new baby.

Raptyr
2023-2-3
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

You can use any option. Fast charge above 30W with Power Delivery protocol (PD 3.0)
2023-2-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The apple thing will charge it but slowly.

Just get a proper 30w+ USB-C PD charger.  They're pretty much standard for everything these days.
2023-2-3
Use props
dcfox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1034029 ft
United States

I used my laptop to charge. Just takes longer..
2023-2-3
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I wouldn't really charge above the 28W that my 65W GaN charger delivers. The battery gets very hot, and then you have to wait for it to cool.

This particular square one doesn't get hot. When you look for chargers, you either get the ones on the DJI web site, or you search for specs in each ebay ad. You are looking for USB C 12V / 3A, and as a backup 9V/3A. But 12V/2.5A (~28W) will also work, as will 12V/2.0 (~22W).    Different crappy USB cables also limit the power. The short ones, or the DJI cable is best.

2023-2-3
Use props
fansa78b5913
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

I use my Google 30 W USB-C power charger to charge the drone or the  Intelligent Flight Battery Charging Hub. Works very well.
This charger costs $35 Canadian dollars plus taxes  from Google.
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Raptyr. Thank you for reaching out and congrats on your Mini 3 Pro. To ensure charging efficiency, we still recommend using the DJI 30W USB-C Charger (https://store.dji.com/product/dji-30w-usb-c-charger?vid=114413) or other USB Power Delivery chargers (30 W). When you charge the battery mounted to the aircraft or inserted into the DJI Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub, the maximum charging power supported is 30 W.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules