DJI Mics in stereo
763 5 2023-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

One of the uses for my DJI mics will be to record in stereo and to capture ambience.
Has anyone tried this or can give any hints and tips?
I have a 3D printer so intend making some sort of a holder for the mics, my initial thought was to try them spaced at human ear distance apart and angled at 90 degrees (or more) from each other, hopefully to catch a more immersive stereo field.
Any interest in this?
2023-2-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Interesting idea, I hope you get it working. I have no experience on the subject though.
2023-2-3
Use props
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-3 06:39
Interesting idea, I hope you get it working. I have no experience on the subject though.

I have been out walking with mics attached to each side of the collar on my coat but I think my neck wasn't enough to sufficiently block left sound on the right and visa-versa. Mics are very omni-directional.
2023-2-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

m326 Posted at 2-3 09:41
I have been out walking with mics attached to each side of the collar on my coat but I think my neck wasn't enough to sufficiently block left sound on the right and visa-versa. Mics are very omni-directional.

I remember hearing someone say the DJI Mic transmitters are exactly omni-directional. What if you plugged some external mics to the transmitters?
2023-2-3
Use props
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

That would mean more expense and add to the complexity of it. Initially trying to make what I have work.
That was my idea behind blocking the signal between them like our head does between our ears. I have a self made Jecklin disc but I want something more practical.
2023-2-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

m326 Posted at 2-3 13:32
That would mean more expense and add to the complexity of it. Initially trying to make what I have work.
That was my idea behind blocking the signal between them like our head does between our ears. I have a self made Jecklin disc but I want something more practical.

Okay, I hope you get it to work the way you intend it to, without having too much complexity and expenses.
2023-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules