Quick access to FLIGHT RECORD TXT files
4910 7 2023-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279692 ft
Canada

Accessing/viewing the DJI Mini 3 pro’s FlightRecord.TXT files from within DJI RC controller is rather simple/quick. I am posting this info because I was seeing online solutions that were inefficient and some were transferring these TXT files to a microSD, etc...Yes some of you already know the following method but from what I am seeing some don’t. No need to power up nor connect to quadcopter, no requirement for microSD card in the TX.  I have been utilizing the short USB to USB C cable that came with the battery charging hub for TX charging.  I utilize this cable to connect the TX controller to my PC and the files become readily visible then you simply copy and paste to a directory of choice on your PC. Then you can utilize the Airdata website to decode/view your TXT files.  The following attached pics should be straight forward.

2023-2-3
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Canada

2023-2-3
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Canada

On a Windows OS system you will see a DJI RC directory appear as you connect to your PC, on my system it pops up near the top of the list and not as a typical USB connection. On my Linux OS it pops up in normal fashion but the wording APQ8053.... instead of DJI.  These Flight Record TXT files are readily visible without searching in both of these OS. However, on my MacBook nothing pops up in the Finder window.

2023-2-3
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Canada

Once you have simply copied and pasted those files ending with the TXT file extension to a directory of choice on your PC; you can then utilize the Airdata website to decode/view your TXT files (basic account is free).
2023-2-3
Use props
Rej
lvl.4
Canada

Once your files have been uploaded to Airdata website you will be able to quickly view a multitude of data with ease from your PC's larger viewing platform, the following is just a small sample of what you can view from your flight.
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for sharing these steps on how to export the flight records on the DJI RC. When connecting the DJI RC to the computer, please use a USB cable (A to C) and you will see "MTP USB Device" appears on the PC. Double-click the "MTP USB Device" to open the internal shared storage inside the remote controller. The DJIFlightRecord documents are the flight records. The corresponding flight records ca be found, copied, and exported based on time. Thank you.
2023-2-3
Use props
fansa78b5913
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

I have used the extracted data to import into my GIS software to overlay on any map and take measurements for planning purposes.
2023-2-4
Use props
PHMurphy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137028 ft
United States

fansa78b5913 Posted at 2-4 05:32
I have used the extracted data to import into my GIS software to overlay on any map and take measurements for planning purposes.
How exactly do you get the data into arcgis?is there a shape file set that is generated somehow? I have a Mavic 3.
2023-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules