Footage lost randomly between files
450 3 2023-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheLonelyRaven
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137769 ft
United States

I've had my FPV for a couple weeks now but really just started flying it after spending hours in simulators. One thing I have noticed is that once the video reaches 4gb it creates a new file which is nothing new, but a handfull of times now the next file starts after a good amount of time and is not seemless like other times. At first I thought I was toggling the video record button off and on by mistake, but this last time got me thinking and looking at the file sizes, I've confirmed that it always happens at the 4gb split as if it takes 5-10 seconds for the camera to start recording again. It seems to be seemless the majority of time, but other times it drops a good amount of footage between files. You can see it happen here below at the 3:00 mark and then see it seemlessly transition at 6:19. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? The first couple times it was near the end of the video after 2 or 3 cuts, but this time it was on the first cut. I've used the same SD card in my Air 2s and my GoPro with no issues, and I format before every use so it's doubtfully the card. Any idea's or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2023-2-3
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

That happens to me every now and then also. I use the fastest sd card scandisk has. I'm not sure if it's the temp though. It seems to do it more in the cold.
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and in order to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4GB size. This is a normal phenomenon, please rest assured to use. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-5
Use props
TheLonelyRaven
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137769 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-5 03:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and in order to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4GB size. This is a normal phenomenon, please rest assured to use. Thank you for your understanding and support.
I know why the file splits... That's not my issue at all.. If you fully read my post instead of giving me a copy/paste answer that's already been given multiple times on the forum after only reading the first sentence, you'll see I'm asking why there's missing footage at times during those splits and other times it's seamless. Apparently I'm not the only one as you can see from the response from another user above.
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules