The SDK for Mini 3 is coming soon, still not support Mavic 3 ?
3367 22 2023-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5Aa1bOZ2fx6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1914987 ft
United States

When will it support Mavic 3 ? I've been looking forward to it for over a year, but the bad news came.

Latest news from: https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... mer-level-aircraft-
  • We will support Mini 3 Pro and Mini 3 on earily Q2, 2023 in MSDK v5.3.0.
  • There is no plan to support Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and Mavic 3 Classic currently.
  • There is no plan to support DJI Avata currently.

2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So Mini 3 support after Mini4 comes out then.
2023-2-4
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

The Mavic 3 supports Waypoints now. And it also has cruise control now.  DJI’s implementation of Waypoints is incredible.

Why exactly do you want the SDK?

You won’t be disappointed if you buy Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Classic.  I’m very impressed…especially with Waypoints.
2023-2-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's great news for the Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pro.  Sadly, nothing in the works for Mavic 3.  
2023-2-4
Use props
djiuser_5Aa1bOZ2fx6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1914987 ft
United States

DroneApe Posted at 2-4 03:33
The Mavic 3 supports Waypoints now. And it also has cruise control now.  DJI’s implementation of Waypoints is incredible.

I have bought Mavic 3 last year. One of the reasons I bought it was that the official said on the SDK forum that Mavic 3 would be supported before the end of last year. Having the SDK allows me to perform some automated operations with third-party software such as Litchi, this is what attracts me, otherwise I would definitely buy a Mavic 2 Pro or Air 2S instead. So sad
2023-2-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

they want it because they want it.

it was "promised."

lol
2023-2-4
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_5Aa1bOZ2fx6c Posted at 2-4 09:46
I have bought Mavic 3 last year. One of the reasons I bought it was that the official said on the SDK forum that Mavic 3 would be supported before the end of last year. Having the SDK allows me to perform some automated operations with third-party software such as Litchi, this is what attracts me, otherwise I would definitely buy a Mavic 2 Pro or Air 2S instead. So sad

DJI’s implementation of automated Waypoints on the Mavic 3  is better than Litchi.  No need to be sad.
2023-2-4
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-4 10:34
they want it because they want it.

it was "promised."

I know, right.  It’s like somebody promising to give you $10, but they give you $20 instead thinking it will make you happier.  And then you complain about not getting the $10 they promised. Lol.  
2023-2-4
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_5Aa1bOZ2fx6c Posted at 2-4 09:46

One of the reasons I bought it was that the official said on the SDK forum that Mavic 3 would be supported before the end of last year.
Hope it's not the same forum where you got the information on the Mini3 SDK support this time
2023-2-4
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 2-4 12:02
One of the reasons I bought it was that the official said on the SDK forum that Mavic 3 would be supported before the end of last year.
Hope it's not the same forum where you got the information on the Mini3 SDK support this time

He’s from USA but I don’t think English is his native tongue so I’m having difficulty communicating to him that DJI has Waypoints now on Mavic 3.  (Which is better than Litchi).   I don’t think he understands what Waypoints is all about.
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, we are very sorry to inform you that DJI Mavic 3 does not support SDK development currently, and we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time. Please rest assured that we have recorded your request and provided feedback to the related department. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support.
2023-2-4
Use props
ProMeiFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 809426 ft
  • >>>
United States

The reason is (for me) you can pre-program your flights from your home with Litchi.

I have been doing a lot with my old drone (the Original Mavic) and this will be a step up.

So it will be useful for us who have the mini 3 pro
2023-2-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ProMeiFilms Posted at 2-7 08:01
The reason is (for me) you can pre-program your flights from your home with Litchi.

I have been doing a lot with my old drone (the Original Mavic) and this will be a step up.

If we told you that you could pre-program your flights from home with dji waypoints, would you be agreeable to use it instead of litchi?  or do you want the sdk because you paid for litchi and already know how to use litchi and would prefer litchi over whatever dji offers?

im asking because you said you have used [it] with the original mavic and i'm assuming that's both waypoints and litchi....for mavic 2?  were you not able to program your flights from home before litchi became an option?

i get it you like the pre-programming capabilities and i'm sure there are other relative differences between litchi and waypoints but you gotta understand, the sdk can't be released solely to cover each and every one of those differences....because everyone has different needs.  perhaps dji sees waypoints as a temporary solution to the delay which other drones are prioritized?
2023-2-7
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you start the controller, pick your Mavic 3, then go into Camera View at the top right without the drone powered on.  You can then create video waypoints from home without needing to be in the air.  It doesn’t work for hyperlapse though. Just video.

I want SDK also, I miss litchi.
2023-2-7
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here you go, while sitting in an unknown location in my house, doing something that requires a flush afterwards, pre programmed a flight from my phone.  Can do the same with a controller.  Hope Dji let’s use use flight hub in the future.
77EC11D8-B72A-4630-96C8-EAF033476169.png
7D3008DC-550C-458F-BBAA-787EF0B652B0.png
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

dronethemoment Posted at 2-7 14:09
Here you go, while sitting in an unknown location in my house, doing something that requires a flush afterwards, pre programmed a flight from my phone.  Can do the same with a controller.  Hope Dji let’s use use flight hub in the future.

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. Currently, Matrice 200 series, M200 V2 series, Inspire 2 series, Mavic Pro series,  Phantom 4 series (excluding Phantom 4 V2.0/Pro+/Advanced+/RTK), Mavic 2 Enterprise, Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, Matrice 600 series, Matrice 300 RTK are supported. On our end, we'll help to voice out your comment to our team for any possibilities. Thank you for your patience.
2023-2-7
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-7 15:24
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. Currently, Matrice 200 series, M200 V2 series, Inspire 2 series, Mavic Pro series,  Phantom 4 series (excluding Phantom 4 V2.0/Pro+/Advanced+/RTK), Mavic 2 Enterprise, Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, Matrice 600 series, Matrice 300 RTK are supported. On our end, we'll help to voice out your comment to our team for any possibilities. Thank you for your patience.

Diana, et. al:

Picking up on an old thread.

DJI or Litchi waypoints alone can not accomplish what you can do with Litchi Virtual Mission in Google Earth.

The advantage of using Litchi for video waypoint missions is that there is an application called Litchi Virtual Mission.  First, you program your waypoints in Google Earth.  Then, with Litchi you can covert these waypoints to file that Google Earth can read where Litchi Virtual Mission can be used.  It is possible to fly the mission and know exactly what will be in the field of view throughout the mission.

Here is the URL that describes Litchi Virtual Mission:

Waypoints alone (whether they are from Litchi, DJI, etc)  is not a substitute Litchi Virtual Mission.  It is a terrific, in the field time saver.  Please make the SDK for the Mavic 3 available.

Don

2023-3-27
Use props
dronelink0
lvl.2
United States

https://support.dronelink.com/hc ... ta-Support-Overview
2023-3-30
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronelink0 Posted at 3-30 06:55
https://support.dronelink.com/hc/en-us/articles/15304402363411-Mini-3-Mini-3-Pro-Beta-Support-Overview

This is the Mavic 3 forum, your link is not helpful.
2023-3-30
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

coloradoskier Posted at 3-30 07:14
This is the Mavic 3 forum, your link is not helpful.

On the contrary, it is helpful.  It proves that the Mini 3 is better supported than the Mavic 3.
2023-3-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneApe Posted at 2-4 12:13
He’s from USA but I don’t think English is his native tongue so I’m having difficulty communicating to him that DJI has Waypoints now on Mavic 3.  (Which is better than Litchi).   I don’t think he understands what Waypoints is all about.

I get the sense you don't understand what value Drone Deploy and Dronelink bring to the table and require the SDK.  It's fine if you do not need it, but many of us do.  These use cases may be something totally unfamiliar to you thus you being contrary to the needs of others.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_XqcvsfNwUIWC
New

Spain

THE PROMISE ON NOVEMBER 2021:

AND THE CONFIRMATION OF THE BIGGEST LIE ON DJI HISTORY ON OCTOBER 2023:

¡¡¡DJI NEVER AGAIN!!!
2023-10-20
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

I am leaving you a link to a videotutorial where you can see how to planify photogrammetry missions usign the Waypoints function (it is in spanish):

All credits to FotoDroneRS on Youtube
2023-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules