682 1 2023-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love watching a realtime map of my drone's location on a laptop screen while out in the field. Watching the reconstruction of an ortho in almost realtime is pretty nice to watch and also let a client watch, instead of them over my sholder watching my RC's screen. What I don't love however is having to use my mobile phone's hotspot for all this to be possible. Does DJI plan to offer these capibilites all done on a local level? Or a similar third party offering? I hate the thought of my data having to be sent to a server in China just to be processed. I know my clients would probably raise hell if they knew that what they were watching on my laptop was being basically live streamed straight to Beijing.

Privacy concerns aside, I just want a way to have Flighthub 2's awesome features and telemetry in places where I don't have an internet connection. I'm limited to 10GB monthly of high speed hotspot on my current mobile plan. I used every bit of it on a single job this week that had a flight less than 10 minutes.  
2023-2-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

So there's this interesting piece of software that would be almost exactly what I'm looking for. It goes by the name DJI TERRA. How in the world can you have such amazing hardware and amazing software being developed by one company but they aren't compatible with each other at all? The Mavic 3 Enterprise is your flagship drone but it has the worst support/development by far.It is sort of starting to make sense in a way unfortunately.. DJI wants all the user data that they can possibly collect. No wonder US Government and partnered contractors aren't allowed to use DJI. Terra didn't offer such an overreaching ability did it? So it had to be made reliant on the cloud and rebranded as Flighthub 2. You're starting to wander down a path already traveled by a company from your same country DJI. Please I'm begging you, DON'T GET HUAWEI'D. My boring drone photos aren't worth losing 50%+ of your customers.

2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules