Request for a Flight Plan and Automated Photography Feature in DJ...
866 6 2023-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Myk_Passiany
lvl.1

Kenya

Dear DJI Forum Community,
I am a proud owner of the DJI FPV drone and have been enjoying its immersive flying experience. However, I am interested in incorporating more automation into my flights. I have been using the DJI Fly app to control the drone, and I was wondering if there are any plans to add the capability to create a flight plan and take photos automatically along the drone's flight path using the DJI Fly app.
As it stands, I can only manually control the drone's flight path and take photos during flight. I understand that DJI's more advanced drones, such as the Matrice series, offer this type of functionality through the use of waypoint missions and automated aerial photography. However, I would love to see these features added to the DJI FPV drone and the DJI Fly app.
I believe that this functionality would greatly enhance the overall flying experience for users of the DJI FPV drone and would provide a more streamlined approach to capturing aerial photography. I hope that the DJI team is considering adding these features in future updates.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I am looking forward to your response.
Best regards, MIKE PASSIANY
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are referring to a Waypoints or Flight route planning feature, the DJI Avata doesn't support this feature. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-4
Use props
Myk_Passiany
lvl.1

Kenya

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-4 22:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are referring to a Waypoints or Flight route planning feature, the DJI Avata doesn't support this feature. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

I own a Dji FPV drone
2023-2-4
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I highly doubt they'd add a feature like that. Even if you could easily fly the drone with the Fly app and without the goggles it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as the fpv drone has only forward sensors and more importantly only a one axis gimbal. So if there is even a slight bit of wind from the sides your photo has a tilted horizon. If that is your goal you'd need to get a Mavic 3...
2023-2-5
Use props
Myk_Passiany
lvl.1

Kenya

Why else would they include a normal mode if they can't incorporate the feature
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Myk_Passiany Posted at 2-4 22:04
I own a Dji FPV drone

Thank you for your response and my apologies for confusion. Yes, also DJI FPV drone doesn't support this feature, Myk. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-5
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Myk_Passiany Posted at 2-5 05:38
Why else would they include a normal mode if they can't incorporate the feature

Because a N mode is useful in some situation (proximity flying). Or for newbie.
If you have a real FPV drone, you know that you should fly in Angle mode as well. Not just Acro (M).
2023-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules