Drone drift-2
377 4 2023-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103245 ft
United States

My sons last year gave me a Mini 2, and I flew it about 15 times.  Still relatively a novice.   Just got a used Mini 3 pro with RC controller. Excitedly I have flown it twice.  I didn't know that I had to connect it to my iPhone to get maps, I wa wondering how to do that, now I know (also know how to connect the RC to WiFi.  I feel it drifts just hovering, like near 10 meters over say 15 seconds, much more than the Mini 2.  Is this because the RC was not connected to my iPhone, or this normal for the Mini 3 Pro.
2023-2-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's not normal for that much drift assuming you had a good number of satellites and the wind wasnt gale force.     You can try and calibrate the compass and IMU to see if that helps.

Seeing your other post I wonder if this is why the previous owner returned it.
2023-2-5
Use props
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103245 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 00:05
It's not normal for that much drift assuming you had a good number of satellites and the wind wasnt gale force.     You can try and calibrate the compass and IMU to see if that helps.

Seeing your other post I wonder if this is why the previous owner returned it.

It requested that the IMU was calibrated and I did that before the first flight; but now requests it again.  Don't remember if I calibrated the compass.  I don't think the previous owner flew it many times at all.  The RC unit also seems to have a compass calibration, but it doesn't seem to work.
2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyingOverABQ Posted at 2-5 00:21
It requested that the IMU was calibrated and I did that before the first flight; but now requests it again.  Don't remember if I calibrated the compass.  I don't think the previous owner flew it many times at all.  The RC unit also seems to have a compass calibration, but it doesn't seem to work.

Unless you are taking off from something with metal in it’s unusual to see two IMU prompts that quickly.   I had a mini2 that was doing that and DJI replaced it
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below and see if the issue persists.

1. Ensure that the aircraft is in normal mode with a strong GPS signal and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. Check whether the device drift or unsteady hovering is within the hovering accuracy range (you may check this via our website, https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/specs)
3. Please try to fly the unit to a different location and see if the issue still persists.
4. Check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted.
5. Please make sure that you are not in a location wherein there is magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration.
6. Check whether the control stick is being pushed. If the stick movement is offset, kindly please calibrate your remote controller.

After all of these troubleshooting steps and the issue still persists, please provide us a short video showing the issue or a screenshot of the error message on the DJI Fly app for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules