17209 73 2023-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 03:33
Nope.   The rc pro allows apps but the dji rc boots straight into the fly app.   No official way to load apps.

Ouch.

I can't believe I missed that.

In that case consider this an official retraction of my comments about wanting support for the Mini 2...

I don't use Litchi or Maven (yet), so it's not necessarily the ability to install those in the RC that is want, but being able to screen record or pdf readers as others have suggested would be useful

It doesn't make the controller unattractive, necessarily, but makes it less attractive for me.

(All that said, I'll probably look out for the Mini 4 before looking to buy an upgraded controller anyway )
2023-2-7
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-5 18:22
And watching his expressions and fun delivery makes him one of my favorites!!!

Am with you there!

(And his 'funny' accent certainly helps )

@Henrik - Keep up the good work. Your video testing and demonstrating RTH functionality was probably the one that convinced me to buy the Mini 2 in the first place!
2023-2-7
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 2-7 00:55
If you hover, the fresh air produced by the props will keeps you drone cool. So no problem at all.
If you drone flys (drone are build for this), you never involve in overheating issue.
I never had lens fogging

Must be one of the lucky ones,no battery clip breaking or cracking issues yet.
2023-2-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
Spain

WA4OSH Posted at 2-5 15:45
"the DJI RC cannot install apps"   I bought my DJI Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller (instead of the RC-N1) because I wanted a dedicated display, not a rigged-up android cellphone and a USB to USB-C wire dangling all over everything.

I don't need TikTok, YouTube or games to run on my RC controller, just an Adobe Acrobat Reader so that I can display FAA Sectional Charts and a couple of approved Android applications such as Litchi, Dronedeploy, PixPro, etc.

If you have ever see the DJI N1 controller you would know that wires do not dangle anywhere
2023-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-7 03:40
Ouch.

I can't believe I missed that.

You can screen shot and screen record.    And if you wanted to put a document in image format on the sd card you could view it.  
2023-2-8
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 00:01
You can screen shot and screen record.    And if you wanted to put a document in image format on the sd card you could view it.

Thanks, good to know.

Not sure about images of documents, but I guess as a workaround option it could suffice.
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mastoras Posted at 2-5 22:26
I think we ALL know CURRENTLY, the mini 3 series doesn't support SDK. The topic is about SDK that is COMING to mini 3 series.

Hi, Mastoras. Thank you for the feedback. You are correct about that. However, it is stated in the caption that it is confirmed already. We have no information about this and nothing has been announced yet. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-8
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

That'll be nice ...
2023-2-8
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2-7 23:57
If you have ever see the DJI N1 controller you would know that wires do not dangle anywhere

That's not a wire?  If it does not reach the tablet, don't you have to get a longer one?
2023-2-8
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 00:01
You can screen shot and screen record.    And if you wanted to put a document in image format on the sd card you could view it.

I suppose if I convert the FAA sectional charts from PDF into a suitable picture format, I would be able to view them.  I will have to do the same thing with my FAA certifications and registrations, etc.

It sure would be nice to have a PDF viewer installed.  Why limit reasons why people would want to upgrade from an N1+tablet or cellphone to and RC?
2023-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-8 10:44
I suppose if I convert the FAA sectional charts from PDF into a suitable picture format, I would be able to view them.  I will have to do the same thing with my FAA certifications and registrations, etc.

It sure would be nice to have a PDF viewer installed.  Why limit reasons why people would want to upgrade from an N1+tablet or cellphone to and RC?

Do you not carry a phone?
2023-2-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yo dji is trying to keep the costs down with these rcs....
2023-2-8
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

The RC controller has a 700 NITS display

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 11:38
Do you not carry a phone?

Yes, I carry a phone.  But
1) I don't want to get phone calls while I fly
2) The display on my phone is fairly small.  I want to have charts, my creds, etc handy in my controller.
3) I bought the RC controller instead of the N1 controller plus some sort of a tablet.
4) The RC controller has a 700 NITS display.  I can read it in sunlight.  My cellphone has half that brightness.
2023-2-10
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-8 15:07
yo dji is trying to keep the costs down with these rcs....

Installing an app from Adobe?  Installing additional apps from an app store .. it could be DJI's in the same way that Amazon controls its apps on their Kindle.

I guess the real problem is that allowing application installs on the RC controler kills the market for the DJI intelligent controller?
2023-2-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-10 20:20
Yes, I carry a phone.  But
1) I don't want to get phone calls while I fly
2) The display on my phone is fairly small.  I want to have charts, my creds, etc handy in my controller.

I meant use the phone for the charts, documents etc.  
2023-2-11
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-11 02:39
I meant use the phone for the charts, documents etc.

Yes, my response was in response to using the phone for storing charts and documents.  My phone has a display that is not really all that visible with bright sunlight (Not enough NITS).   

I wear a bright yellow vest identifying me as a certified Part 107 remote pilot when flying.   Nevertheless, i've gotten confronted by a Karen or Ken, that wants me cough up documents, charts and rules and regulations.  By the way, I show them my remote ID reader when I'm flying my Mini 3 pro.  Remote ID does not work on my Phantom 4 Pro V2.  The point is that sometimes I leave my phone in my car because I don't want to get any phone calls when I fly/work.  The number of people that seem to know all about laws that don't exist is absolutely fascinating.  This is why I need a PDF reader in my RC controller.

2023-2-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-11 15:05
Yes, my response was in response to using the phone for storing charts and documents.  My phone has a display that is not really all that visible with bright sunlight (Not enough NITS).   

I wear a bright yellow vest identifying me as a certified Part 107 remote pilot when flying.   Nevertheless, i've gotten confronted by a Karen or Ken, that wants me cough up documents, charts and rules and regulations.  By the way, I show them my remote ID reader when I'm flying my Mini 3 pro.  Remote ID does not work on my Phantom 4 Pro V2.  The point is that sometimes I leave my phone in my car because I don't want to get any phone calls when I fly/work.  The number of people that seem to know all about laws that don't exist is absolutely fascinating.  This is why I need a PDF reader in my RC controller.

Sounds like it would be easier just to get a better phone.  
2023-2-12
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-12 00:09
Sounds like it would be easier just to get a better phone.

It works, but the charts are limited in size due to the size of the phone.  I don't make phone calls on a tablet (or RC controller).  Also, the orientation is stuck in portrait mode.

2023-2-12
Use props
yannoid
lvl.1
France

I consider buying this drone since I can fly Open A1 in France (<250g) for amateur photogrammetry purpose but I saw the 48Mp was a bit misleading due to the Quad Bayer sensor AND the fact that this resolution can only be achieved thanks to the dedicated mode.

Do you think / know if the upcoming SDK (Early Q2 2023) will allow waypoint with this high resolution ? With ISO 100 / 200, it's still relevant for photogrammetry purpose.

Thanks !
2023-2-13
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

What kind of features does this add and will it work  with the DJI RC?
2023-2-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2-5 10:41
Same for me as well, wonder why they only releasing for Android and not iPhone.

They are blaming Apple for changes in the approval process for new applications.  
2023-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PixelPro Posted at 2-13 13:22
What kind of features does this add and will it work  with the DJI RC?

It allows 3rd party apps like Litchi to support the Mini 3 series,    Litchi offers waypoint flying that we dont currently have.
2023-3-9
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

Why post this?  Please don't take up our time !
2023-3-10
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

fans21f46d12 Posted at 3-10 04:25
Why post this?  Please don't take up our time !

thanks for wasting our time and screen space with your negative input. You had no reason to even open the thread if you are so well informed that you would learn nothing from his post. The thread has brought up some great discussion except for the trolls slamming it.
2023-3-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

yannoid Posted at 2-13 02:05
I consider buying this drone since I can fly Open A1 in France (

Going by other drones waypoints will likely only be via virtual sticks as opposed to actual waypoint mode.
Its OK, good enough for photogrammetry but not 100% perfect accuracy.

As such its a mode supported by software such as Litchi/DroneDeploy etc not the drone itself so id expect that option to be available.

The 48mp really isnt suitable though - it has very slow write speeds (several seconds so not suitable for photogrammetry as too slow) and also huge artefacts caused by the de-bayer algorithm.  These would be very obvious on any model.

The 12mp is fine though.
2023-3-10
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-10 20:25
Installing an app from Adobe?  Installing additional apps from an app store .. it could be DJI's in the same way that Amazon controls its apps on their Kindle.

I guess the real problem is that allowing application installs on the RC controler kills the market for the DJI intelligent controller?

Imho, the real problem is that the RC is underpowered and already living on the edge: the processor can't even handle shooting video + screen recording + focus peaking; so adding even more processes via apps, if it were possible, wouldn't be too smart. The RC Pro with its more powerful processor would be a better candidate.
2023-3-10
Use props
leon.drony
lvl.1
Russia

I have RC with screen (RM330) and what's that bad in this controller:
1) DJI Fly for mini 3 pro still does not have waypoints mission feature, on Litchi feature is present, and after SDK and support from 3th party apps via RC-N1 controller we will take access on aircraft under 250g limit make ground maps photoplan or orthophotoplan of ground or some building 3d object model
2) RC  (RM330) does not have support mobile network  (like it present on RC Pro), still need wifi and share wifi point on your mobile device
3) RC (RM330) does not have support 3th party app (like it present on RC Pro) and for any new features of automation have only one way RC-N1 + 3th party software
4) RC  (RM330) have only 8Gb storage, and I'm not sure what it's enough for flight and others logs and etc, and it's does not take error in the future what not enough a space on storage (time will show)
- RC Pro is not way because price upper that mini 3 pro with RC

In other cases the RC (RM330) it's really more usability and very cool controller
2023-3-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-8 10:40
That's not a wire?  If it does not reach the tablet, don't you have to get a longer one?
[view_image]

Not really dangling now is it old chap. Wires like that are available in all different lengths
2023-3-10
Use props
djiuser_9nbsjOMxC9hd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333937 ft
Czechia

90% majitelů Mini 3 PRO má k ovládání RC ovladač, který neumožnuje aplikace třetích stran tak čemu bude dronelink těmto lidem???
2023-3-21
Use props
Westameme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56657 ft
United States

Zhillz Posted at 2-5 05:03
The opportunity of flying at sub ~50-foot altitude and ensuring the visual security of gates and my agricultural fencing through saved way-points missions would be outstanding. I recall the Phantom 4 days and wonder with the use of virtual sticks, the ability to complete a mission in case of signal loss can be brought back via app(s)?

If you choose the hyperlapse mode and save as RAW, you can set your waypoints and save it as a mission. not quite the full thing, but for your use case would be super helpful, as you can take the batch of images into your favorite mapping software and have really high-quality stitches. then just recall that hyperlapse mission every time you want to fly
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8079705 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 07:40
Will be useless to me as they dropped IOS support and the DJI RC cannot install apps.

Just buy a rc-n1 remote there fairly cheap
2023-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL Posted at 4-2 15:12
Just buy a rc-n1 remote there fairly cheap

I already own the  rc-n1,  still doesn't help me.
2023-4-2
Use props
ArcticFlight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84186 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Dronelink already has a beta version available of their app, for the Mini 3 Pro (for Android only).
https://support.dronelink.com/hc/en-us/articles/15304402363411-Mini-3-Mini-3-Pro-Beta-Support-Overview

Still a bit unstable. I assume this is based on an alpha release of the SDK 5.3.0.

DJI has now confirmed the official release of SDK 5.3.0 will come this week!! (week 14)
https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/17166469335577-Mavic-3T-MSDK-problem-with-video-decoding-

Hopefully we will soon get updated app-releases from Litchi, Maven and the others with Mini 3 / Pro support.

Was just about to buy an Air 2S, to get support for Litchi, but now I think I will wait

Screenshot 2023-04-04 075628.jpg
2023-4-3
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2-6 00:29
Thank you, TonyPHX

I don't mind people disagreeing with me or don't like my content that is just part of the game, but the fun part is the few that don't like it and react negatively; they help push my content with their comments :-)

So it was true then... Just posted here for a push...

Fair enough...

2023-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules