help taking photos same place each week
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ukjames
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So I haven't use my Phantom 4 version two for about a year and I have been asked to help document the solar panels profject that will be put on our campus roof at my place of work. It's also includes the field next door that has to be at least 4 acres.

As you can imagine I had to update the firmware and had to try and blow off the dust and over the last two Fridays. I've been flying quite well for someone who only had about 20 flights in two years.

I have been taking photos as requested by the facilities manager each Friday and wondered if anybody can help how I can take a photo from the exactly the same GPS and gimbal position each week and then be able to show some sort of time-lapse video on how to build up has been done over the last few weeks

This project is ongoing and I can see this going each week to at least end of this year, so it is a good opportunity for me to get my drone skills back into touch, as well as my photo editing skills

I'm guessing there is a lots of software out there I could use, but obviously I would like to limit the cost because it will probably come out of my pocket because they are giving me the opportunity just a fly at work and being paid for doing that, as well as getting obviously better and better.

2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is an app called Litchi that can automate flights but nothing is that accurate.  Civilian gps access is not that great unless you have special modules like an RTK.      My tip would be take off from the place you want to take the shot from,  climb to a repeatable height and then use the grid system to align the shot.  The following week you can repeat that process and you'll get something similar.   You can then use the align layers option in photoshop to align the shots as close as possible so allow some room for cropping.  
2023-2-6
Use props
gatwickjames
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 01:19
There is an app called Litchi that can automate flights but nothing is that accurate.  Civilian gps access is not that great unless you have special modules like an RTK.      My tip would be take off from the place you want to take the shot from,  climb to a repeatable height and then use the grid system to align the shot.  The following week you can repeat that process and you'll get something similar.   You can then use the align layers option in photoshop to align the shots as close as possible so allow some room for cropping.

many thanks, yes I saw that app and will see if company will pay
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gatwickjames Posted at 2-6 06:02
many thanks, yes I saw that app and will see if company will pay

Dont forget the new UK rules for drones over 250g means you need to stay 150m in all directions away from people, buildings, vehicles etc outside your control.
2023-2-6
Use props
ukjames
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I`m on a private estate, in the middle of no where and also a security officer here
both campus next door are  over 500 meters away :0 so all good.

the app, if i by it can it be used on phone and ipad ok? like a normal login?
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules