HELP! Horizontal Roll Drift on Firmware 3.0
2175 9 2015-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjj
New

Hong Kong

Hi DJI,
Can you send me the necessary files to downgrade my Ronin to firmware 2.1?
3.0 is causing drift. My gimbal is balanced and calibrated yet once I begin moving with it, the roll axis drifts and stays about 8 degrees off level.
Please send to jjj@jjjetel.com ASAP.

Thanks!
2015-8-18
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Dear Customer,

If you want to downgrade to IMU2.1, please send your email to support@dji.com, we need help you downgrade remotely, THX~

Best Regards
DJI-Cathy
2015-12-2
Use props
adam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13474 ft
New Zealand

I'm having issues with this also. On firmware 2.1 everything went fine, didn't go for 2.3 due to reading about roll axis issues, then when they said this was fixed with 3.0.
Sometimes it goes fine then other times it's embarrassingly bad. Here's what has happened for me. I balance, calibrate and start up, everything is fine. Then I start shooting and the roll axis goes off horizon.

I've had one day with no issues, lucky as it was a 4 minute one shot music video. Then the last 6 days on it have been a nightmare. I've tried calibrating, changing batteries, tuning smooth track but no solution has come to light.

Today I touched the arm when the horizon was off and noticed that basically the motor seems to be dead/non responsive through the 3-8 degrees of roll axis shift (ie it just flops around like it was not even powered, although the other axis are fine and running).

I power cycle it and it seems to run ok for a short period and then it does it again. I'm at the point where I'm constantly looking for straight horizon lines to check the roll axis isn't off, which is not a great way to be shooting.

Anyone else finding similar issues?

This is really not good when you work as a professional and crew and clients are standing around wondering why this piece of technology is not working correctly.
2015-8-22
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

1) Is the Roll axis balanced properly?
2) With your Ronin off, does the Roll axis rotate freely or does it feel stiff/binding? It should not be binding at all.
3) When the Ronin is running and you start to experience this issue, can you feel the roll motor with your hand? Does it feel hot?
2015-8-23
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520233 ft
Malaysia

For those who haven't upgraded to IMU 3.0, please don't. Remain at 2.1. I have upgraded to 3.0 and roll issue happened. Don't spend time for calibration and balancing as it has nothing to do with balancing. It is firmware issue. Contact DJI and get teamviewer 10 installed on your computer. Request DJI support to dial in into your computer and downgrade the firmware to 2.1. Only DJI team has privileges for the downgrade.
2015-8-24
Use props
adam
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Paul Posted at 2015-8-24 16:00
1) Is the Roll axis balanced properly?
2) With your Ronin off, does the Roll axis rotate freely or d ...

Thanks Paul. Yes it is perfectly balanced. Motors are reading low numbers in terms of power used. There is no stiffness in motor or binding. Motors not hot. Re-powering several times and calibrating is the only temporary fix. I had it happen again today and the remote woudn't even move the roll axis. Calibration made no difference, only repowering.
2015-9-8
Use props
adam
lvl.1
New Zealand

pentagon78 Posted at 2015-8-25 14:53
For those who haven't upgraded to IMU 3.0, please don't. Remain at 2.1. I have upgraded to 3.0 and r ...

Thanks, yes I think this is the only way forward. I really like the Ronin, much better than the competition in many ways but this just isn't acceptable on set as you look like an amateur with no answer to why it's flying on a lean.
2015-9-8
Use props
VWPAlex
lvl.1

Germany

adam@mediamecha Posted at 2015-9-8 23:48
Thanks, yes I think this is the only way forward. I really like the Ronin, much better than the co ...

You right. If.DJI want the ronin-m to be an professional tool for film makers than also working firmware is a must. With clients we do not have that time and money. Reliability is a must.
2015-9-10
Use props
micahmart
lvl.1
Canada

Please send me the software to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.1 as well!! I'm dying here! micahmart@gmail.com
2015-12-1
Use props
koma.bk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 989275 ft
Russia

If new firmware does not work well for most of the customers, why the hell DJI dont let them to downgrade to previous firmware wich WORKS WELL?
I just can not understand this policy.
2015-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules