How do I clear/delete the Air 2S log
2716 10 2023-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

I couldn't find a document explaining how to clear or delete the DJI Air 2S log.

How would I do that?

Your answer is appreciated.

2023-2-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which log or logs are you asking about?
If the one's on the drone, you can't, they can only be over written by newer logs.
If on the screen device then the txt logs can, from memory, be deleted individually in the app. If you use a phone as a screen device then I'd connect it to a computer and use the computer to delete the txt AND DAT logs, can't help if you use a smart controller.

The above said why do you want to delete them?
If your are selling the drone then you need only worry about this if you are including the screen device with the drone.
I MOVE all my logs, txt & DAT, to computer.
2023-2-5
Use props
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-5 11:31
Which log or logs are you asking about?
If the one's on the drone, you can't, they can only be over written by newer logs.
If on the screen device then the txt logs can, from memory, be deleted individually in the app. If you use a phone as a screen device then I'd connect it to a computer and use the computer to delete the txt AND DAT logs, can't help if you use a smart controller.

Thank you for your reply.

It's the logs I can see when running DJI Assistant software.

I bought a second-hand Air 2S and I believe it's a serious privacy issue that I can see the the pre-owner's trips .
2023-2-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assume they are the logs on the drone, are they?  We need to know which device the logs are stored on.
If so those logs are or should be encrypted and unreadable by anyone except DJI. As such there is no privacy issue, the app can not replay them and you can not read them.

If on the screen device then thats different but BEFORE you go any further are you logged into the original owner's account, if so CHECK FOR ANY equipment binding BEFORE you log out of their account and UNDO the binding on the drone to their account and the binding of controller to the drone BEFORE you log out.
2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My2Cents Posted at 2-5 11:43

The logs stored on the drone are encrypted and cannot be viewed outside of DJI.
2023-2-6
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

My2Cents Posted at 2-5 11:43

As far as I know the logs that are on the drone can't be deleted but they can't be read by anyone except DJI, so it's not a privacy issue.
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, the flight logs cannot be deleted. But as mentioned in the comments above, these logs are encrypted and can only be decrypted and read by DJI. We assure you that the data are well-protected. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-2-7
Use props
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-5 11:57
I assume they are the logs on the drone, are they?  We need to know which device the logs are stored on.
If so those logs are or should be encrypted and unreadable by anyone except DJI. As such there is no privacy issue, the app can not replay them and you can not read them.

BEFORE you go any further, are  you logged into the original owner's account? if so CHECK FOR ANY  equipment binding BEFORE you log out of their account and UNDO the  binding on the drone to their account and the binding of controller to  the drone BEFORE you log out.

Please pardon my late reply.

Today, I had time to connect my second-hand Air 2S to the DJI Fly app for the first time … The app says that the drone is still bound to the previous owner's account.

What can I do now? What steps do I need to take in order to run the drone?

• Can I ask the previous owner to unbind without him having access to the drone anymore?
  • Can I re-bind using my own account? (I don't have the previous owner's credentials, of course.)

2023-2-11
Use props
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 21:00
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, the flight logs cannot be deleted. But as mentioned in the comments above, these logs are encrypted and can only be decrypted and read by DJI. We assure you that the data are well-protected. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

Yes, the flight logs cannot be deleted. But as mentioned in the comments above, these logs are encrypted and can only be decrypted and read by DJI.

Thanks to all of you for enlightening me.
2023-2-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Can I ask the previous owner to unbind without him having access to the drone anymore?"
Yes they can, all they need is the app on a phone and they can, in the app, undo the binding. The app must be connected to the internet so that there unbinding is registered.

Once the old binding is undone you can probably bind the drone to your account but from my experiments with a Mini 2 there is no benefit to you. The benefit, grounding the drone if own with a different login, only works for the purchaser of Flyaway insurance. I could fly my bound mini 2 with any app go in and any suitable controller.
If you can currently fly. the drone then I suspect the original owner had the same pointless binding I did with the Mini 2 but it would be a good idea to get it undone.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

My2Cents Posted at 2-11 16:38
Yes, the flight logs cannot be deleted. But as mentioned in the comments above, these logs are encrypted and can only be decrypted and read by DJI.

Thanks to all of you for enlightening me.

We're glad to be of assistance. Have a great day!
2023-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules