Dji mini 3 pro front and back sensors not working
4746 13 2023-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DimmyK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3048 ft
Greece

Hi, Just a couple of days ago, I received my brand new Dji mini 3 pro. All well except that I've noticed that front and back sensors do not work, only down does. Under Safety "Obstacle avoidance section" not matter if I choose Brake or Bypass, the drone doesnot respond. All tests performed in "C" mode. While hovering when I try to grap the drone from under, then drone responds correctly and lifts up, but if I my hand approaches drone fron front or behind nothing happens. Also, while in "C" mode and obstacle avoidance on "break" mode I tried sloowly to aproach a wall, expecting that the drone would break, but instead the drone hit the wall. Can please someone help, am I doing somethng wrong: Is it my settings? or what? Thanks in advance.
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Since the unit experience a crash, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-2-5
Use props
DimmyK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3048 ft
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-5 18:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Since the unit experience a crash, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hi, there is no damage on the drone, maybe I wasn't very clear, the drone barely touched the wall..everything is ok and it flies, hovers etc perfectly...My problem is that the sensors (front and back) don't seem to work. Are there any steps I can take to test if the sensors are working normally? Thx again Dimitris
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DimmyK Posted at 2-6 02:15
Hi, there is no damage on the drone, maybe I wasn't very clear, the drone barely touched the wall..everything is ok and it flies, hovers etc perfectly...My problem is that the sensors (front and back) don't seem to work. Are there any steps I can take to test if the sensors are working normally? Thx again Dimitris

Thank you for the clarification and we do apologize for the confusion. You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software to perform the vision sensor calibration. You may download the software using the link below. Please let us know the result after the calibration. Thank you for your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-2-8
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Am I the only one who finds this a little aggravating? The "Pro Systems" section of this forum is for the most part ignored by DJI entirely. The Enterprise customer's comments, suggestions and complaints all fall on deaf ears. But when someone mistakenly post here about a Mini 3 there is a DJI admin reply in just over an hours time.

It really shows where we are on the priority list.
2023-2-10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-10 17:18
Am I the only one who finds this a little aggravating? The "Pro Systems" section of this forum is for the most part ignored by DJI entirely. The Enterprise customer's comments, suggestions and complaints all fall of deaf ears. But when someone mistakenly post here about a Mini 3 there is a DJI admin reply in just over an hours time.

It really shows where we are on the priority list.

You can try at this address, sometimes they answer :
enterprise.tools@dji.com
enterprise@dji.com
I send another one in PM.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-10 17:18
Am I the only one who finds this a little aggravating? The "Pro Systems" section of this forum is for the most part ignored by DJI entirely. The Enterprise customer's comments, suggestions and complaints all fall on deaf ears. But when someone mistakenly post here about a Mini 3 there is a DJI admin reply in just over an hours time.

It really shows where we are on the priority list.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will try our best to answer every customer concern here in DJI Forum. Could you please provide us with the detailed issue that you experience so we can help you further? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-25 04:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will try our best to answer every customer concern here in DJI Forum. Could you please provide us with the detailed issue that you experience so we can help you further? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

There has been a very detailed conversation over at M3E Issue MegaThread It's been active over 2 months with 66 comments and ZERO of those have been from DJI Mods. It makes sense that it hasn't been seen by staff because in that same 2 months+ time the M3E hasn't received a single update either. I won't repeat myself here but I would highly recommend you glance over at the link I provided where countless M3E owners have been consistent in our thoughts, concerns and wish's for the M3E and DJI as a whole.
2023-2-25
Use props
djiuser_zoRx4ZiFCgsP
New

Saudi Arabia

Hi, there is no damage on the drone, maybe I wasn't very clear, the drone barely touched the wall..everything is ok and it flies, hovers etc perfectly...My problem is that the sensors (front and back) don't seem to work. Are there any steps I can take to test if the sensors are working normally? Thx again Dimitris

Hey there. I really wanted to know if the callibration solved the issue as im facing the same issue
2023-5-6
Use props
djiuser_zoRx4ZiFCgsP
New

Saudi Arabia

Hey there. I really wanted to know if the callibration solved the issue as im facing the same issue
2023-5-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_zoRx4ZiFCgsP Posted at 5-6 19:59

Stop pressing the Blue button...
2023-5-7
Use props
Chin zai
lvl.1

Malaysia

djiuser_zoRx4ZiFCgsP Posted at 5-6 19:59

Me also face the same problem
2023-6-26
Use props
djiuser_mMfMZZ3joBUK
New

Norway

I also am having this issue, SOOOO frustraiting, got the drone today, and spent 2.5 hours trying to calibrate - only problem is, drone shuts down due to overheating just as am trying to compleete the last calibration.... Have even tried to hold a bag of frozen peas on the drone to keep it cool, with no luck. Starting to regret buying this :-(
2023-7-3
Use props
VisioAer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115696 ft
Netherlands

I was able to do the calibration with a fan pointing at the drone, it probably needs some airflow at the front (it has an intake there) for cooling. I also noticed that the sensors will be disabled when there are propellor guards attached (it takes a while before it turns the sensors of and it actually says so in the display, but you obviously won’t see that when watching the drone). Bottom sensors will continue to work though…

Anyway, after calibration, everything seems fine once I take off.
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules