Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is really going on with DJI???
1631 27 2015-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

After 10 weeks of waiting to get my Phantom 3 Professional back from DJI in California, it finally came. I spent most of my day trying to get the lastest fireware updated. I read a number of post and watched several videos. I still could not get the lastest Phantom 3 Professional firmware to upload on my Phantom.

So, I look at my Phantom 3 PROFESSIONAL over real carefully only to notice there is a Phantom 3 ADVACED HD CAMERA on my Phantom 3 PROFESSIONAL, which is supposed to have a 4K camera on it. So, I update the lastest firmware for the Pahntom 3 Advanced ane the Phantom takes it with no problems at all.

Now, I go out for a test flight and I get a error saying the "Accelerometer failed". It tells me to contact DJI support. Which we all know they don't answer their phones.  Needless to say my blood is boiling right now! DJI you were supposed to fix the thing, not make it worse! DJI you have a piss poor operation. I cannot give you my Phantom back for another 10 weeks!
2015-8-18
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is really bad. I feel for you.
Hopefully DJI will step into this thread and do something to fix this matter...
2015-8-18
Use props
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-8-19 10:01
That is really bad. I feel for you.
Hopefully DJI will step into this thread and do something to fix ...

Thank you, I hope so too!
2015-8-18
Use props
skeley68
lvl.1

United States

It might not even be your Phantom at all considering the camera is different then what was originally sent. They might have actually sent you somebody else's aircraft by mistake. I really hope that they make this right for you.
2015-8-18
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I'm waiting for the OP to say this is a joke...................he was just kidding.............right?
2015-8-18
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

Dear sweet lord would I be FUMING.  

Can't tell you what I would really do about the situation since it wouldn't be smart to post such illicit activities in a public forum.
2015-8-18
Use props
spheasant1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I, too, would be furious over this but try to keep a clear mind.  I would contact DJI chat....I have always been able to connect with the chat and see what they say about the situation.   Initially, be as courteous as you possibly can be under the circumstances and tell them very clearly that you really believe you got the wrong unit back....CLEARLY they at least have the wrong camera on the machine!
2015-8-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Wow!
Stupid questions...
Does your serial no. and model match your original as when you purchased?
Do you have a receipt and Picts that you can post? If so, please do...
I cannot fathom this...and would be something beyond pi$$ed as well..
If fact as you stated, I am sure you will hear the "well you should have contacted us and blah..blah...blah..before you flew it" etc...but also acknowledge the all too often computer generated responses many, including myself have received upon contacting technical support...
Hope you get it sorted soonest...
2015-8-18
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

You might want to check the serial number, if you recorded it, to see if its really the aircraft you sent in.  Did DJI send you a list of repairs and did they flight test your DJI after repairs were completed?  You probably did the Firmware update and checked for a "success" message then preformed a IMU, compass and gimbal calibration.  Wow, what a serious predicament.  I hope DJI spends part of its zillion dollars in profit on Quality Assurance and Customer Support.

This might help with the error message:   http://forum.dji.com/thread-19612-1-1.html

Best of Luck!
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Skater67 Posted at 2015-8-19 11:30
You might want to check the serial number, if you recorded it, to see if its really the aircraft you ...

how about use some of them dollars to cut trees??
ok tree huggers, just joking dont get excited!!!  it is directed at skater, inside joke
2015-8-18
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Probably take a few billion more Ray!  

Bottom line getting your Professional back with an Advanced Camera is a serious, cluster screw-up.  DJI's repair situation is a real quagmire not to mention a colossal screw up.   
2015-8-18
Use props
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

Skater67 Posted at 2015-8-19 11:30
You might want to check the serial number, if you recorded it, to see if its really the aircraft you ...

Yes, it is my aircraft.
2015-8-18
Use props
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-8-19 11:13
Wow!
Stupid questions...
Does your serial no. and model match your original as when you purchased?

It is my aircraft. I tired to post the pics, I guess I didn't do something right. I did send the pics to DJI..
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

if it has four props and a white landing gear, then it is mine
2015-8-18
Use props
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-19 12:10
if it has four props and a white landing gear, then it is mine

LOL.......
2015-8-18
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry about your bad experience with DJI... Can you send me your RMA number to PM or tim.dolidze@dji.com so we will do our best to solve this problem as soon as possible. Thanks
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

dont laugh, it cost me good money, hey bud can you send it to me and ill tell dji to send the right one to you.

hey i feel for you, just trying to make light of your bad situation so your blood stops boiling!!
i wish you the best.

by the way a serious question: what color bands are on the p3 arm? is it the silver or the gold?????
2015-8-18
Use props
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-19 12:15
dont laugh, it cost me good money, hey bud can you send it to me and ill tell dji to send the righ ...

Gold. I will try to get the pics on here.
2015-8-18
Use props
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

rlbrown75@gmail Posted at 2015-8-19 12:19

rayrokni, give me your email and I will send you pics.
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

rlbrown75@gmail Posted at 2015-8-19 12:19

no need, gold is pro, so to have advanced camera is obviously ........
i hope dji does the right thing and sends you one p3p expedited.
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

rlbrown75@gmail Posted at 2015-8-19 12:21
rayrokni, give me your email and I will send you pics.

my email is rayrokni@gmail.com
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

timswimm Posted at 2015-8-19 12:13
Sorry about your bad experience with DJI... Can you send me your RMA number to PM or tim.dolidze@dji ...

so you work for dji then? which dept. if i may ask and what capacity? again if i may ask
2015-8-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-19 12:27
so you work for dji then? which dept. if i may ask and what capacity? again if i may ask

Tim is part of forum support.
2015-8-18
Use props
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-8-19 10:58
I'm waiting for the OP to say this is a joke...................he was just kidding.............right ...

No joke!!!
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-19 12:31
Tim is part of forum support.

thanks for confirming, now can u answer my thread on how to roll back fw. i am sure people think it will solve all their problems if they go backwards, that way things will clear up!!!!
2015-8-18
Use props
rlbrown75
lvl.1

United States

timswimm Posted at 2015-8-19 12:13
Sorry about your bad experience with DJI... Can you send me your RMA number to PM or tim.dolidze@dji ...

The email has been sent. Thanks!
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

i may have a solution for you:

i have a second p3p whith busted gimble, i have been thinking of buying an ADVANCED camera for it to give to my young son, i have researched and apparently the A camera works on P3P,
to expedite a solution for you, i can buy the camera from you, as long as it is in good working order, and you put that towards buying a 4k camera, i believe the cost difference is $150. i cant tell you how to get refunded the difference from dji or how that is going to clear the other problem you have, "the Accelerometer". but if this helps in any way let me know
2015-8-18
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

that is one of the worst clusters I've heard about from DJI... that is so bad buddy, I feel for you!
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules