3591 21 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, Newbie here.
I have purchased a DJI Mini 3 Pro (fortunately Unopened!).

I have discovered that my relatively new modern android phone isn't on the compatible list (Oppo Find X5) so I am therefore unable to download the app.
My drone comes with the Fly app pre-installed on the RC unit.
How do I go about transferring all of my shots/videos etc to my phone without the app?

I have scoured the Net but have found no solution.

Is this a case of returning my Drone?

Thanks in advance

Mr Steady hands

2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried installing the DJI Fly app on your phone? If not yet, please do so. Here's the download link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-3-pro).

DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices.

In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you download the app first for testing. Thank you for your understanding.

After installing the app, you may use the QuickTransfer function to transfer the files from the drone to your mobile phone wirelessly. Below is the procedure for QuickTransfer :
1. Power on the drone, and wait until the aircraft self-check is completed.
2. Enable the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi functions of the mobile device, and tap DJI Fly to check if it prompts a list of product models.
3. Tap the "Connect" button. If connected successfully, you can view the album and transfer files.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-2-6
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-6 20:27
Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried installing the DJI Fly app on your phone? If not yet, please do so. Here's the download link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-3-pro.

Hi DJI Support.
Unfortunately, the URL you provided displays 404 error message.

I have tried approx 4 different apks now, sent from online chat. None of them work.

I was advised by support to get a new phone!

Unfortunately I will be regrettably returning the drone from point of purchase.

Thanks anyway.

Mr Steady Hands.
2023-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Take the SD card out of the drone and plug it into a PC or phone with a SD card reader.  It's by far the best way to transfer files.
2023-2-7
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 00:50
Take the SD card out of the drone and plug it into a PC or phone with a SD card reader.  It's by far the best way to transfer files.

Hi DAFlys

Ah right, so basically remove from drone and insert into my handset?
Do I have to consider file types etc or will my phone recognize the files?

Thank you
2023-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mr-Steady_hands Posted at 2-7 02:08
Hi DAFlys

Ah right, so basically remove from drone and insert into my handset?

Personally I use a SD reader but the phone will recognise MP4 and JPG just fine.  if you shoot raw that may be a challenge depending on what apps you use.  
2023-2-7
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 02:16
Personally I use a SD reader but the phone will recognise MP4 and JPG just fine.  if you shoot raw that may be a challenge depending on what apps you use.

Hey DAFlys - you've been a great help.
Can I ask one more thing?

Is the app on the phone purely just for retrieving footage and pics then? I don't want to be missing out if it also contains useful tools like enhancements etc.

Thanks again
2023-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mr-Steady_hands Posted at 2-7 06:26
Hey DAFlys - you've been a great help.
Can I ask one more thing?

The app on the phone can be used to fly the drone if you have the non screened controller.  
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr-Steady_hands Posted at 2-7 00:33
Hi DJI Support.
Unfortunately, the URL you provided displays 404 error message.

Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here's the link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-3-pro). Make sure that your phone has enough storage before installing it. Since you've tried installing the app before, may we ask if you received any error messages about why it's not installed? Also, if you already have the DJI RC, you don't need the application to fly the drone. May we ask about other functions you want to do with the DJI Fly App on mobile? If you only need it for getting the files you may follow DAFly's suggestion.
2023-2-8
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-8 02:39
Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here's the link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-3-pro). Make sure that your phone has enough storage before installing it. Since you've tried installing the app before, may we ask if you received any error messages about why it's not installed? Also, if you already have the DJI RC, you don't need the application to fly the drone. May we ask about other functions you want to do with the DJI Fly App on mobile? If you only need it for getting the files you may follow DAFly's suggestion.

Hi

The message displays

Something Went Wrong. Unable to install.

I just wanted the app on my phone to be able to transfer my footage and images.
I don't have a pc or laptop, my phone doesn't have SD slot as the internal memory is quite large.
Thanks
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr-Steady_hands Posted at 2-10 08:12
Hi

The message displays

Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for the reply. Can you please provide a screenshot of the system info on your phone? Thank you.
2023-2-12
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 22:15
Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for the reply. Can you please provide a screenshot of the system info on your phone? Thank you.

Hi Gamora

When you say system info, what exactly is that!!

It is Android Version 13
Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Octa core
Model CPH2307

Please let me know what You need

Thanks
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr-Steady_hands Posted at 2-13 01:16
Hi Gamora

When you say system info, what exactly is that!!

Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for the details. That's the correct information I needed. We have forwarded the information you provided on this thread to our relevant team for further checking. We will let you know once we received an update or if they need more information. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-2-15
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 07:43
Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for the details. That's the correct information I needed. We have forwarded the information you provided on this thread to our relevant team for further checking. We will let you know once we received an update or if they need more information. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks Gamora, you've been of great assistance.
2023-2-16
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Mr-Steady,

Unfortunately DJI does not play well in the Android space but does play well in the iOS space. If you are wanting to use a phone or tablet to fly the drone I would think about buying a used iPhone or iPad just to fly the drone. It does not need to be on a cellular plan it can be a WIFI only model (tablet). Then you won't have some of these issues associated with the Android platform.

Good luck and welcome to the board.
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr-Steady_hands Posted at 2-16 01:16

You're most welcome.
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr-Steady_hands Posted at 2-16 01:16

Hi there. I sent you a PM, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-2-22
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 03:49

Hi Gomora,

I will try that link but on my phone after entering the link it is asking me if I wish to download the file again, as if to say I've already tried it, but I Will let you know.

Thanks
2023-2-22
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 03:49
Hi Gomora

I tried the latest link that you sent me.
Unfortunately, the prompt asks me if I want to install (I press yes) - then nothing happens. Just displays 'Something went wrong. App not installed '

This is what has happened with some of the other APK's

Thank you
2023-2-22
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Maybe you should try the RC Pro. Its nice to have a dedicated controller without having to deal with the phone.
2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr-Steady_hands Posted at 2-22 04:42
Hi Gomora

I tried the latest link that you sent me.

Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for the update. If the issue still persists then your phone might only have a 32-bit system. The DJI Fly is a 64-bit app that can only be installed with 64-bit devices.
2023-2-26
Use props
Mr-Steady_hands
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 01:46
Hi, Mr-Steady_hands. Thank you for the update. If the issue still persists then your phone might only have a 32-bit system. The DJI Fly is a 64-bit app that can only be installed with 64-bit devices.

Hi Gamora, I've just confirmed my device (Oppo Find X5) does operate at 64 bits can you advise any further. Thank you.
2023-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules