My phone died after flying drone
2196 8 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ginan
New

Indonesia

this afternoon i flight my drone for about 20 minutes after the flight i unplug my phone (iphone 12 pro) and its suddenly die, just ask is anyone have a same problem, is the issues came from the cable or any possiblities for my phone have a electrical short from the controler
2023-2-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I already had this problem after an intense afternoon of flying in summer, with a mavic 2. The notification of too high temperature of the phone battery appeared several times.  When disconnecting the RC at the end of the day, the phone turned off (BV7000).  I replaced the battery and it restarted.
2023-2-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree with @LV_Forestry above.   Three reasons why your phone would "die".

1.  It ran out of battery (quite possible when running the display at full brightness when outside, and using the app - what % did you start out with?)
2.  The most likely, it overheated.  Phones get warm, and when flying a drone outside the sun can be shining down on your display.  Also the app is using considerable CPU power and not giving the phone time to cool.  Most modern phones are known for being thin and lacking vents.  : )  
3. Maybe the app glitched and phone locked up?  Did a restart solve the issue?

In any event, there is no solution to be had that implies a defect in the app.  Phones have limitations.  I'm sure you will sort it out.
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ginan. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Are you using an RC-N1 remote controller? Can you now turn on your phone? Are there any abnormalities with the cable and port after this incident like they're not usable anymore? The information above provided by our co-pilots could be one of the reasons why it happened but if you encounter any issues with RC as well, please provide us the following details for checking:

1. Remote Controller Log and the issue time of the incident. Below are the steps on how you can obtain them:
• Visit the DJI official website (https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series), and download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to the computer.
• Power on the RC-N1 remote controller, launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and connect the remote controller to the computer using a USB-C cable.
• After DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) recognizes the remote controller, select “Log Export” and tap “Save to Local”.
• The final exported data will be a file in .DAT format, such as EXPORT_FILE_2022-05-24_23-03-04.DAT.  

2. Mobile device model and system version.
3. Remote controller SN.
4. App log from your phone.
Here's how to get them:
• Install iTunes (https://www.apple.com/itunes/) on the computer. Then, enable the software.
• Connect the iOS device to the computer and tap “Allow” on the iPhone.
• Tap the mobile device icon in the top-left corner, and go to the iPhone page.
• Select “File Sharing” in the left panel and go to the app file-sharing page.
• Select the corresponding app as required. Select the “Logs” file folder and tap “Save” at the bottom of the right window. Using DJI Fly as an example:
Select “DJI Fly” in the left window and the “Logs”“SDK” file folder in the right window. Tap “Save”.
* If there is no “Save” button on the current window, please drop down the scrollbar to the bottom for confirmation.
• After the file has been exported, add the file folder to the compressed folder. Send back related data based on the specific method.

Kindly upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive along with the screen recording/video of the issue and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-2-7
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Ginan,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by your phone died?

Was it just out of battery or is it now bricked and cannot even be charged?

If it is just out of battery then it is likely simply that the app and screen drained the battery. In the iPh ok ne all there is an option to show the DJI RC N1 to charge your phone while it is in use (it's not an option on Android as it is always enabled). It is possible your phone battery ran down to a level that meant when you unplugged it the battery itself couldn't sustain the phone power.

If you're phone is now bricked then it's a while other story, and quite a Worthing one!
2023-2-7
Use props
NoFly
New

Norway

Same happened to me. Flew my Mini 2 with the RC-N1 remote, and after flight I unplugged my iPhone, closed the DJI app, locked the screen and put my phone in my pocket. Five - ten minutes later I tried to enter my phone, totally black. Tried charging it, no luck, tried plugging it to my MacBook, no luck. My iPhone seems to be bricked =(
2023-2-15
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

NoFly Posted at 2-15 10:25
Same happened to me. Flew my Mini 2 with the RC-N1 remote, and after flight I unplugged my iPhone, closed the DJI app, locked the screen and put my phone in my pocket. Five - ten minutes later I tried to enter my phone, totally black. Tried charging it, no luck, tried plugging it to my MacBook, no luck. My iPhone seems to be bricked =(

THAT is Scary! I hope it is just 'finger trouble' and your iphone isn't 'bricked'. I use Android for drone and iphone for 'phone/ text/ msg use.
2023-2-16
Use props
NoFly
New

Norway

It was not bricked! Finally charged after a day blacked out, really hope my phone is back to normal. BTW, tried the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on my Mac, terrible app on the Mac. Hope its better on Windows.
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules