RC-N1 Phone Charging Spec's?
1739 4 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ddrdan
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know the (android) phone charger power spec's on the RC-N1 Controller? Volts/Amps? Is it a smart (regulated) charge circuit or just a power supply circuit?

There is no data provided in the spec's for the controller. They're not required to, but it would be nice to know what it's specifically doing to a $1000 device's non-user replaceable battery? I'm thinking there might be a tinker in here who's pulled that controller apart at one time or another and has that information?

Thanks

2023-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a great question.  I do know that when I use my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra attached to the RC N1 it only SLOW charges the Galaxy so it must not be drawing a lot of juice from the RC.

Hopefully, somebody will have the technical answer.
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ddrdan. Thank you for reaching out. The RC-N1 has a power supply circuit. According to the AOA protocol of the Android system, a certain current should be maintained during communication. When an Android device is connected to the remote controller, it will be charged at 5V/500mA. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-2-7
Use props
ddrdan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-7 00:17
Hi, ddrdan. Thank you for reaching out. The RC-N1 has a power supply circuit. According to the AOA protocol of the Android system, a certain current should be maintained during communication. When an Android device is connected to the remote controller, it will be charged at 5V/500mA. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

That's exactly what I needed. Thank you!
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ddrdan Posted at 2-7 05:04
That's exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Hi, ddrdan. You're most welcome! Please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules