Voice commands | Video loop does not work
1417 24 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
united by water
lvl.4
United States

I have had the OA for a few years now. Oddly enough I never used the voice commands. Today, for some reason, I tried them (start recording and stop recording). 99% of the time my video settings are 1080/60 with a 5 minute loop. When I say "start recording" it kicks out of the loop recording setting and will no longer loop record, it will continuously record until the battery dies, the sd cards get filled or I hit "stop" or say "stop recording." I manually have to change it back to loop mode. So basically the voice command is useless for me. Not sure if anybody else has had this problem or there is a workaround for it?

thx - a
2023-2-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thought I test out and well uh there you go Action 3 is the one to  get but yet needs to mature
2023-2-6
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 2-6 12:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09283rDcCgk

thought I test out and well uh there you go Action 3 is the one to  get but yet needs to mature

Thanks Fish. It's not that big of a deal with the voice command bug for me since I never use it but know way I'm the first person to comment on this for how long the OA1 has been around. Kinda seems like a major FW miss fix.
2023-2-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

totally hear ya. their fix is like gopro. make a new camera and forget the people who helped them the consumer no way will a decommissioned model see new firmware
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we ask for a short video showing the issue? We'd like to forward it to our related team for confirmation. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 22:44
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we ask for a short video showing the issue? We'd like to forward it to our related team for confirmation. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Watch the actual video did you see the voicecommand switching loop to  video.
2023-2-7
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 22:44

Fish's video shows the problem I'm having. I can share a video of my OA if you like.
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-7 05:29
Watch the actual video did you see the voicecommand switching loop to  video.

Thanks for the video, Fish. We'll include it in the investigation. Have a nice day!
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

united by water Posted at 2-7 18:00
Fish's video shows the problem I'm having. I can share a video of my OA if you like.

Hello there. Yes, kindly post the video from your own Osmo Action camera. We want to gather more data as possible. Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-2-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 22:26
Hello there. Yes, kindly post the video from your own Osmo Action camera. We want to gather more data as possible. Thanks for your cooperation.

sorry but that is my own video,
2023-2-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 22:26

that was my vid, did not watch or see just posted is what I get out of protocol answers
2023-2-8
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

See if the link works for you

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar_ay5AZbAsvhCIIl1OhY7o93A0T?e=Vefdvz
2023-2-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

united by water Posted at 2-8 04:41

not working simply load a  vid to youtube and post the link.  DJI  we are not wanting  you to just tell us its passed along to teh engineer and wait forever of a fix that is  the CHEAP way out of an answer. truth hurts. sorry but we will not see this fix in our lifetime, prove us wrong!!!
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-8 03:45
https://youtu.be/09283rDcCgk

that was my vid, did not watch or see just posted is what I get out of protocol answers

Thanks, Fish. We'll add this video to the investigation. Rest assured that this concern will be handled accordingly. Your understanding is highly appreciated, and thanks for your continued support.
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for sharing the video. We forwarded them to the corresponding team for confirmation. We'll update you the soonest time possible. Have a nice day.
2023-2-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-8 23:18
Thanks, Fish. We'll add this video to the investigation. Rest assured that this concern will be handled accordingly. Your understanding is highly appreciated, and thanks for your continued support.

be my last camera if its not handled not what you want to hear right
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-9 03:50
be my last camera if its not handled not what you want to hear right

We understand, and thanks for your cooperation. We'll revert as soon as we receive feedback. Thank you.
2023-2-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-9 23:47
We understand, and thanks for your cooperation. We'll revert as soon as we receive feedback. Thank you.

your  response does not  make sense are you telling us you are reverting ?   the camera is no more made, are you going to put a new firmware to fix the issue, and how long.
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for your patience. Our engineers have confirmed that activating loop recording through voice command is currently not supported for the Osmo Action. We have already forwarded this to our DJI Developers for attention. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-10 03:39
your  response does not  make sense are you telling us you are reverting ?   the camera is no more made, are you going to put a new firmware to fix the issue, and how long.

Hi, Fish. Kindly refer to the update we have posted in post #19. About the time, we cannot confirm it yet. Please continue to stay tuned for updates. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 23:02
Hi, Fish. Kindly refer to the update we have posted in post #19. About the time, we cannot confirm it yet. Please continue to stay tuned for updates. Thank you, and have a nice day.

sorry Post 19 is me
2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Apologies about that. To clarify, please refer to post #20. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
2023-2-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hey Team   No apologese needed, we are not here to check the  official site that its last firmware was offered Dec 2021
2023-2-15
Use props
united by water
lvl.4
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 2-15 03:53
Hey Team   No apologese needed, we are not here to check the  official site that its last firmware was offered Dec 2021

I have a hard time believing that they will do a FM update. Don't get me wrong, it's great if they do, might as well add a couple more "added value" updates while you're in there DJI.
2023-2-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

united by water Posted at 2-16 15:51
I have a hard time believing that they will do a FM update. Don't get me wrong, it's great if they do, might as well add a couple more "added value" updates while you're in there DJI.

I hear ya,  do not hold your breath on the fix. they already made the A3 that is fixed
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules