334 6 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf76d8945
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516719 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why did DJI REMOVE the timed photos option? No, the timelapse option is not rhe same. My ACTION 1 has it, see photo, I want to take full resolution photos, I do not want to compile a video, I want many photos !!! Please add this in new firmware
20230204_093002.jpg
2023-2-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

You can take separate, timed, hires photos in JPG or RAW format (in addition to the video). It is under timelapse.
2023-2-6
Use props
fansf76d8945
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516719 ft
  • >>>
United States

osmonauta Posted at 2-6 07:36
You can take separate, timed, hires photos in JPG or RAW format (in addition to the video). It is under timelapse.

they are only 8 megapixels, and shutter speed is constrained. Photo mode is better, more megapixels and more variable shutter speeds.
2023-2-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not removed just did not get matured the camera,  DJI left a lot out and how they do their business
2023-2-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

fansf76d8945 Posted at 2-6 07:47
they are only 8 megapixels, and shutter speed is constrained. Photo mode is better, more megapixels and more variable shutter speeds.

The camera is an 8 megapixel camera. You ain't gonna get more out of it regardless of what mode you are using.

In photo mode you get a 4000x3000 image size (in 4:3 aspect). You get the same size (pretty much) if you shoot a timelapse in 4k (although it only shoots 16:9 aspect photos) and select to save JPG/RAW photos for the timelapse.

Photos are usually around 8MB give or take, depending on the content. If you judge everything by file size, shoot in RAW and you get a 24-27MB file out of it, but it's still gonna be 8MP.

In timelapse mode, shutter speed is not constrained. You have the same shutter speeds available just like in photo mode, but depending on the shutter speed you select, it will affect the timelapse interval.
2023-2-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

If you want burst, that is missing indeed. Not sure how fast timelapse can take pictures.
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Osmo Action 3 does not support burst shooting. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Alternatively, you may consider osmonauta's suggestions regarding the use of Timelapse and saving the original photos from it. What we will do is relay your feedback to our designated team for consideration. Please stay tuned for updates on our official DJI website (www.dji.com). Thank you for your continued support and understanding. Have a nice day.
2023-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules