Battery warning
5090 20 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxBoom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189308 ft
Finland

My half year old Avata gives warning at the goggles "Battery capacity not updated for extended period" I have 4 batteries and they suddenly give that warning. What is that? They are doing their job right and flight minutes are ok.

2023-2-6
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

I've got the exact same problem
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, MaxBoom. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such issues. We recommend you update or refresh the firmware of the batteries using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Place batteries into the aircraft one by one and then proceed with the update/refresh. Kindly keep us updated. We appreciate you're cooperation. Have a nice day.
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ro_walker Posted at 2-6 18:28
I've got the exact same problem

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing the same issues with your battery. Kindly follow the same troubleshooting steps posted in post #3. We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you, and stay safe.
2023-2-6
Use props
MaxBoom
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 20:48
Hi, MaxBoom. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such issues. We recommend you update or refresh the firmware of the batteries using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Place batteries into the aircraft one by one and then proceed with the update/refresh. Kindly keep us updated. We appreciate you're cooperation. Have a nice day.

I didn´t find battery update/refresh button.  Is it that upper right corner where arrows in the circle?
2023-2-7
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

There is another topic on this, and there they state it is fixed when updating the avata to the latest firmware,
Your avata is not up to date!

As far as i know, battery firmware is packed inside the avata firmware. Notification that it must be updated (firmware mismatch) is given in the goggles when you power up the drone.
De battery that is in the avata when you update the avata, is updated at that moment, so only the batteries that you have extra need to be plugged into the avata one by one afterwards.

See:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780
2023-2-7
Use props
MaxBoom
lvl.1
Finland

BadBert Posted at 2-7 00:28
There is another topic on this, and there they state it is fixed when updating the avata to the latest firmware,
Your avata is not up to date!

Is that the firmware version what needs Avata connected to mobile? Remote ID? Is this affecting anything if I don´t wanna do that?
2023-2-7
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

MaxBoom Posted at 2-7 00:57
Is that the firmware version what needs Avata connected to mobile? Remote ID? Is this affecting anything if I don´t wanna do that?

yes, the remote ID is in there, but you live in Finland? So it won't be affected by that.

I am in the netherlands, and i don't get the remote ID error when flying without my phone.
Not even with the FCC hack ;)
2023-2-7
Use props
MaxBoom
lvl.1
Finland

BadBert Posted at 2-7 01:26
yes, the remote ID is in there, but you live in Finland? So it won't be affected by that.

I am in the netherlands, and i don't get the remote ID error when flying without my phone.

You mean ham_cfg_support :-)
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MaxBoom Posted at 2-7 00:20
[view_image]
I didn´t find battery update/refresh button.  Is it that upper right corner where arrows in the circle?

Kindly select the option to "Upgrade." All batteries have to be upgraded to get rid of the error. In addition, this firmware offers the following updates and features:
· Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States.
· Added ability to detect abnormal attitude and brake automatically when the aircraft turns sharply at high speed with an altitude of more than 5 m in Manual mode.
· Added ability to cancel the countdown for low battery RTH by pressing the brake button.
· Added support for the aircraft to record video at 4K@30fps, 2.7K@30fps, and 1080p@30fps. When used with DJI Goggles 2, 2.7K@120fps and 1080p@120fps are also available.
· Added ability to transfer data from the aircraft storage to the microSD card. Go to Settings > Camera in the goggles menu to use this function.
· Added ability to set sharpness and noise reduction parameters. Go to Settings > Camera > Advanced Camera Settings in the goggles menu to set the parameters.
· Improved D-Cinelike to 10bit, providing more possibilities for post-processing.
· Optimized flight stability in some scenarios.
· Optimized the video transmission fluency in broadcast mode.
Please keep us posted on the result. Have a nice day.
2023-2-7
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

MaxBoom Posted at 2-7 02:58
You mean ham_cfg_support :-)

i do

in the netherlands i got the remote error warning once when i booted it up for the first time after the firmware update with the file on there.
It went away after a couple of seconds and did not return (with no phone connected)

so there is no problem in updating everything, and you will not have the battery error anymore
2023-2-7
Use props
MaxBoom
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 22:22
Kindly select the option to "Upgrade." All batteries have to be upgraded to get rid of the error. In addition, this firmware offers the following updates and features:
· Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States.
· Added ability to detect abnormal attitude and brake automatically when the aircraft turns sharply at high speed with an altitude of more than 5 m in Manual mode.

I upgrared all 4 batteries successfully but one battery still gives that error. Ideas?
2023-2-8
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

you might want to check for firmware updates for the battery and the drone
2023-2-8
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

MaxBoom Posted at 2-8 02:55
I upgrared all 4 batteries successfully but one battery still gives that error. Ideas?

put the battery in the drone that gives the "error" and refresh the firmware of the drone with that battery in it.

this should also refresh the firmware on the battery and may fix this.
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MaxBoom Posted at 2-8 02:55
I upgrared all 4 batteries successfully but one battery still gives that error. Ideas?

Thanks for the update. As Badbert suggested in the comment above, kindly try refreshing its firmware. If the error remains, we're afraid you may consider sending the battery back for further checking. You may submit an Online Repair Application or directly contact Customer Support at (support.dji.com) to discuss the process. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2023-2-8
Use props
MaxBoom
lvl.1
Finland

BadBert Posted at 2-8 23:13
put the battery in the drone that gives the "error" and refresh the firmware of the drone with that battery in it.

this should also refresh the firmware on the battery and may fix this.

Thanks for this, I´ll do that
2023-2-9
Use props
MaxBoom
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 2-8 23:52
Thanks for the update. As Badbert suggested in the comment above, kindly try refreshing its firmware. If the error remains, we're afraid you may consider sending the battery back for further checking. You may submit an Online Repair Application or directly contact Customer Support at (support.dji.com) to discuss the process. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

There are two batteries out on four which does that error and I put each of them to drone and pressed refresh with power on. update was successful but warnings are still "on". What to do?
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MaxBoom Posted at 2-9 08:05
There are two batteries out on four which does that error and I put each of them to drone and pressed refresh with power on. update was successful but warnings are still "on". What to do?

We're sorry about that. We suggest you send the batteries back for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/fi/repair/index}. You may also contact our Customer Support for more details about the process. Please let us know if there's anything we can further help you with. Have a nice day.
2023-2-9
Use props
MaxBoom
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 2-9 23:59
We're sorry about that. We suggest you send the batteries back for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/fi/repair/index}. You may also contact our Customer Support for more details about the process. Please let us know if there's anything we can further help you with. Have a nice day.

Is there any way to "reset" battery?
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MaxBoom Posted at 2-11 04:52
Is there any way to "reset" battery?

We're sorry, but there's no option to reset the battery. We hope you will consider our suggestions so our designated team can further check them for you. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-13
Use props
laserblast blast
New

United States

I cannot get my brand new, never used battery to charge above 50%. I have charged it for nearly an hour and a half. Any suggestions?
2023-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules