Why am I forced to log in? And if I don't I can't fly!
13861 62 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_tshL5lVffZq2 Posted at 12-23 06:53
This is incorrect. The drone logs off in three months.  Mine has done that in less than one month TWICE and both times when I was out of range of any phone contact.   Why don't they publish this when they advertise this drone?  Could it be that they would lose sales? Oh gosh it can't be that  surely

Hi, there. Thank you for your input. Please know that the log-out logic will depend on the DJI application that you're using.  For DJI GO 4、DJI GO、DJI Pilot、 Ronin App 、DJI Pilot 2、iPad GS Pro, and DJI FlightHub 2 applications, If you don't connect to the network for three months, the App will be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required. As for DJI Fly, and DJI Mimo, they will automatically log out of your account if not connected within a month. Furthermore, regarding your concern about the app, I'd recommend saving important files, syncing your flight records, re-installing the app, and connecting to your local network once every month. I hope this information helps.
2023-12-25
Use props
Martin SAlgueiro
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-6 19:15
Hi, harpoon71. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The application has been programmed to be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required. You can still take off without logging in however, there will be limited height and distance. Before going to the remote area, it is highly suggested to open the DJI Fly first to check if it needs to be logged in. Thank you for your kind understanding.

To understand how to what you want out of me to fly a drone. I shouldn't have to understand I'm 60 years old when I know what the hell I'm doing

2023-12-30
Use props
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2713 ft
United States

It's not always 30 days (sometimes sooner*) and just turning the drone on every 20 days or so does not reset the expiration date as it may not automatically log on. It's unclear what constitutes a "log-in" to reset the counter, which is causing problems. If you are traveling for more than 30 days, it's even more confusing, as it will not automatically log into the known connection you usually use -- thus the countdown continues.

*I also believe some update notices will immediately circumvent the 30 day clock, requiring a log-in no matter how long ago the last log-in was executed.

We sometimes use our drone for search and rescue. More than once, we have been put out of service because of the inconsistent, confusing 30-day log-in requirement.

I speak to so many people in the industry who have turned away from DJI because of this "known" problem which no one seems to care about, with the common, often maddening replies offered here by administrators.

This has been going on for years.

1-7 11:12
Use props
djiuser_5XgaXlBDkGZp
New

United States

Another remote user here. Will never buy another DJI product again until they get rid of this nanny b*llsh*t.

Want to brick my drone just for not logging into your app every few weeks? Cool. I’ll take my business elsewhere.
1-9 19:03
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-12-25 02:39
Hi, there. Thank you for your input. Please know that the log-out logic will depend on the DJI application that you're using.  For DJI GO 4、DJI GO、DJI Pilot、 Ronin App 、DJI Pilot 2、iPad GS Pro, and DJI FlightHub 2 applications, If you don't connect to the network for three months, the App will be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required. As for DJI Fly, and DJI Mimo, they will automatically log out of your account if not connected within a month. Furthermore, regarding your concern about the app, I'd recommend saving important files, syncing your flight records, re-installing the app, and connecting to your local network once every month. I hope this information helps.

You keep going on with this nonsense and the list of countries where DJI is banned will keep growing larger and larger...

Mark my words...

And why DJI Fly one month and the others 3 months... More nonsense!

Read all these posts and all the threads about this saga and start to listen to your customers while you still have the chance, Mr Wang...
1-10 02:27
Use props
fansb32a2040
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180489 ft
United States

This really is some next level BS!!!
Working today and could not fly!!! Had to drive 45min to connect to the Internet!!! Major crap right here!!

Mavic pro 3! Love the 3 lenses but it's it can't fly it fits the trash!
Please fix this!!
1-10 11:51
Use props
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2713 ft
United States

If they are worried about someone other than the owner using the drone, it would be simple to require a "sign-in" like on a phone or laptop, where an Internet connection is not required. In fact, this would be safer if they are indeed worried about security, as anyone could grab the drone between "log-ins" and use it, but a sign in would stop that risk. I'm not sure how hard this would be to add to the controller software, but they might stop losing customers and upsetting existing ones.
1-11 15:54
Use props
KIRK KULA
New
Norway

This has to be fixed!!! Lost money today because I was not able to log in. Im so MAD!!!
1-18 09:07
Use props
djiuser_hyOINMMYguOf
New

United States

Same happened to me! There is no safety issue, stop with that garbage excuse! Fix the issue! There is no mention of this garbage feature anywhere. So either fix it or get ready for a class action lawsuit of illegally rendering a product useless after purchase!!!
1-21 17:16
Use props
John Waddell
lvl.1

United States

I’m FURIOUS about the three month long in. I do not want to pay $68 a months added to my phone bill to log in to fly my DJI drone every 3months.
I’m on the road almost the entire year.  ITS RIDICULOUS NO MATTER WHAT DJI THINKS!!!!!!!!
1-23 16:18
Use props
Vila Coll
New
Spain

I am new here but have flown the old air for years without problems. However, I bought a DJI Mini 4 pro for a coming 3 months bicycle tour in remote areas later this year. However, last weekend I was out in the forest to film some workers, but ran into this problem with the "log in required" and following flight restriction. At that time I had no knowledge of what the problem where, and spend a long time trying to fix or find a work around, but ended up by having to excuse myself to everybody by result of the problem. By searching the internet for solutions I ended up here, just to find out there is no solution to the ridiculous problem inflicted on us all from DJI's side. So now I probably cannot use the DJI Mini 4 pro on the 3 months long bicycle tour later this year. I am so frustrated by DJI's overreach, which I unfortunately had no idea about before I bought the drone. A very angry man, that now probably is forced to buy another drone brand.
2-15 06:34
Use props
djiuser_AFo6YYVA06ea
New
Flight distance : 229144 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-2-6 19:15
Hi, harpoon71. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The application has been programmed to be logged out automatically after three months, and re-login is required. You can still take off without logging in however, there will be limited height and distance. Before going to the remote area, it is highly suggested to open the DJI Fly first to check if it needs to be logged in. Thank you for your kind understanding.

If you are in a remote area with no internet or internet is down, what can you do?  As this locks you out of flying > 50m
2-15 13:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_AFo6YYVA06ea Posted at 2-15 13:43
If you are in a remote area with no internet or internet is down, what can you do?  As this locks you out of flying > 50m

Hello, there. We've checked this phenomenon further with our relevant team. Please refer to the details below:

The DJI Fly app account may automatically log out under the following circumstances:

1. In DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.

Note: Your login will expire in %@ days. Login again is required after expiration. Flight altitude and distance limits may apply if not logged in. Connect to a network and update account info in time to keep using an app.

2. If the device is connected to an abnormal network, such as an open Wi-Fi, it needs to redirect to the login page, an expiration of the login will be triggered, and it is required to reconnect to a normal network to log in again.

3. When one device logs out of the account, the other devices logged in with the same account will automatically log out by default if multiple devices are logged in simultaneously. This is a common scenario; for instance, if a user's phone and a remote controller with a built-in screen are both logged in and the phone logs out, the remote controller will automatically log out when it is connected to the internet.

I hope this provides clarifications regarding this phenomenon. Thank you for your support.
2-22 00:44
Use props
TheOneAndDroney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2889432 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic 3 Classic, RC Pro, Fly App app. Drove to location, need to log in- no cell service, had to drive back to the nearest town. I used the drone last week, logged in at that time too. This isn’t a month, never mind three, it random. This has happened many times over the last year, ranging from days to weeks, but never months. Why can’t you just throw out an update with the option to log out and put the onus on the owner? This has really made me consider other drones after many loyal years of purchasing DJI drones.
3-16 22:54
Use props
billion
lvl.1

Canada

Just so it's clear and so that I know before recomending to someone to buy a DJI drone ... DJI has no intention of fixing this problem for people that use their drones to fly in remote locations?

DJI, please let the community know with a simple yes or no if the problem will be fixed.

3-18 09:12
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

it seems reasonable at 3 months with a 28 day warning like I got the other day if it is truly a legal/liability requirement, or make it an optional feature, controlled from inside the users account. Much as I appreciated DJI Gamora's detailed statement, the part about the abnormal network is pretty vague and led me to question if a users phone was say, surfing the net in a coffee shop, and then they go to use their drone in a remote area only to find out the fly app is now logged out, thats definitely not ok....
The obvious work around is to log out and back in before each flight if you are going into an area where there is no cellular service. It would also appear that Starlink is about to launch some kind of satelite internet using normal cellular phones.
When something doesn't make sense, there is always a reason. Perhaps liability, or forcing the consumer to be aware there is an update available. The other possibility that comes to mind is DJI likes to data mine the consumers product in some way as often as possible when it is connected to the internet.
Either way, as stated many times above, when a company stops listening to its customers, they migrate to other companies that will. Luckily DJI has the tech that outshines the other companies, but that only goes so far.. DJi needs to do a better job of listening to its entry level customers, they are the ones that move forward to use DJI's more expensive products.
4-10 06:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

billion Posted at 3-18 09:12
Just so it's clear and so that I know before recomending to someone to buy a DJI drone ... DJI has no intention of fixing this problem for people that use their drones to fly in remote locations?

DJI, please let the community know with a simple yes or no if the problem will be fixed.

Hi, billion. This is not a bug or an issue hence, the app is programmed that way. This is to ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network.

Additional Note: As we cannot confirm users' Internet connectivity and whether they have updated to the latest database, we have implemented the approach of logging out of their accounts and prompting them to manually log in to receive notifications about database updates.
4-10 06:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 4-10 06:22
it seems reasonable at 3 months with a 28 day warning like I got the other day if it is truly a legal/liability requirement, or make it an optional feature, controlled from inside the users account. Much as I appreciated DJI Gamora's detailed statement, the part about the abnormal network is pretty vague and led me to question if a users phone was say, surfing the net in a coffee shop, and then they go to use their drone in a remote area only to find out the fly app is now logged out, thats definitely not ok....
The obvious work around is to log out and back in before each flight if you are going into an area where there is no cellular service. It would also appear that Starlink is about to launch some kind of satelite internet using normal cellular phones.
When something doesn't make sense, there is always a reason. Perhaps liability, or forcing the consumer to be aware there is an update available. The other possibility that comes to mind is DJI likes to data mine the consumers product in some way as often as possible when it is connected to the internet.

Hi, Manitobahunter. The reason for this is to ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. Also, here are the  updated circumstances when the DJI Fly app account may automatically log out:
The DJI Fly app account may automatically log out under the following circumstances:

1. In DJI Fly 1.12.4 and later versions, an account remains in the login state for 90 days after the login even if the app is disconnected from the network, and a reminder will be pushed before the login expires.

Note: Within 7 days of expiration, the APP will remind once a day if the conditions are met; Condition: During the 90-day period, the APP is not connected to the Internet

2. If the device is connected to an abnormal network, such as an open Wi-Fi, it needs to redirect to the login page, (the issue can be reproduced: using Fly-Guest Wi-Fi in DJI Sky City), an expiration of the login will be triggered, and it is required to reconnect to a normal network to log in again.

3. When one device logs out of the account, the other devices logged in with the same account will automatically log out by default if multiple devices are logged in simultaneously. This is a common scenario; for instance, if a user's phone and a remote controller with a built-in screen are both logged in and the phone logs out, the remote controller will automatically log out when it is connected to the internet.

Hope this helps.
4-10 06:45
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-10 06:45
Hi, Manitobahunter. The reason for this is to ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. Also, here are the  updated circumstances when the DJI Fly app account may automatically log out:

Hi Dji Gamora, thank you very much for the detailed reply!
Here's a great resource for Canada:
https://nrc.canada.ca/en/drone-tool/
I would imagine there are similar tools for other countries.
I also use the UAV app often, as its a good quick access tool to weather and maps of restricted areas around airports etc, similar to the flysafe database in some regards.

4-10 21:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 4-10 21:50
Hi Dji Gamora, thank you very much for the detailed reply!
Here's a great resource for Canada:
https://nrc.canada.ca/en/drone-tool/

You're most welcome, Manitobahunter. Feel free to use other tools but we highly suggest to use our official apps/software for warranty claims. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
4-12 07:53
Use props
fans1b686f94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467648 ft
Canada

The real reason is the desire for the CCP to collect data from your drone.
5-11 03:50
Use props
Azhazel laposange Déchus
New

France

Bonjour je me suis acheté un dji mini 2 se j'ai essayé de me connecter au drone à la radiocommande et j'ai le retour vidéo mais j'ai aucun satellites sur le smartphone avec l'application dji fly faut il s'inscrire avec la carte bancaire pour 0€ il demande ou c'est parce que je suis en zone rouge que je ne peux pas faire juste allumer les moteurs de mon drone c'est mon 1er drone dji et j'ai eu des drones temu et aliexpress mais ils ont pu au moins décoller dans le jardin et la maison je ne sais pas comment faire pour avoir une connexion satellites m'inscrire avec la carte bancaire ? Ou aller dans une zone verte ou il y a pas de soucis avec géoportail.
5-11 07:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Azhazel laposange Déchus Posted at 5-11 07:14
Bonjour je me suis acheté un dji mini 2 se j'ai essayé de me connecter au drone à la radiocommande et j'ai le retour vidéo mais j'ai aucun satellites sur le smartphone avec l'application dji fly faut il s'inscrire avec la carte bancaire pour 0€ il demande ou c'est parce que je suis en zone rouge que je ne peux pas faire juste allumer les moteurs de mon drone c'est mon 1er drone dji et j'ai eu des drones temu et aliexpress mais ils ont pu au moins décoller dans le jardin et la maison je ne sais pas comment faire pour avoir une connexion satellites m'inscrire avec la carte bancaire ? Ou aller dans une zone verte ou il y a pas de soucis avec géoportail.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If your location is located under "Restricted Zone", this may appear red on the DJI Fly app, you will be prompted with a warning, and flight is prevented. If you believe you have the authorization to operate in a Restricted zone, please contact flysafe@dji.com or refer to this LINK to have guidance about Unlocking a GEO zone on your DJI Drone. Hope this helps.

5-11 23:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules