16701 127 2023-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a disappointment from DJI. They announced 3 days ago they will support the Mini 3 SDK but not the Mavic 3. THIS IS RIDICULOUS DJI !!!!This makes me really angry and upset after paying $5000 for a drone that can not even do a 360 pano photo correctly and DJI promises SDK for it.

And moderators, please, do not delete this post. We deserve respect as consumers and everybody needs to know how DJI is playing with us.

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... mer-level-aircraft-

The MSDK is gradually prioritising to the enterprise level aircraft, the priority level of product from high to low is enterprise level aircraft > consumer level aircraft > hanheld product.
  • We will support Mini 3 Pro and Mini 3 on earily Q2, 2023 in MSDK v5.3.0.
  • There is no plan to support Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and Mavic 3 Classic currently.
  • There is no plan to support DJI Avata currently.

2023-2-6
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

And yes as early as yesterday, another beautiful 360 picture was ruined by DJI Mavic 3 Stitching.  Nothing better than the Mavic 2 Pro.
https://kuula.co/post/NQ9Lk
2023-2-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

A couple months ago, there was no plan to support ANY consumer drone - CURRENTLY! That does not rule out FUTURE!
2023-2-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Maybe they are not done yet with all the features and fixes they want to do.
They are waiting first to finish with the software and after giving SDK for the Mavic 3
2023-2-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am with Zeus-FL on this one.  
2023-2-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I second Zeus on this this. Why is the Mini drones getting the SDK when our more expensive drones do not. Give the Mavic 3 the SDK DJI - Hear your Customers
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's still time for them to change their minds again and not support it,   We've been there before with them.
2023-2-7
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

The fact they are supporting mini 3 now is promising.  I think it’s just bad information given out by the Dji support staff. They have canned responses and just copy / paste them.   I have hopes now that the Mavic 3 will be supported shortly after the mini 3 SDK comes out.  Litchi get ready!
2023-2-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is not just a mistake. We are talking about the flagship drone. The drone that I pay $3000 for the FMC + Tax + 1200 for the RC-Pro + $430 for the 2-year Refresh. + Tax.
And they promise the SDK from the beginning and you tell me there are almost 2 years since has been released and the Mini drone has more priority on SDK? are you kidding me?

This is a lack of respect for customers.

On top of the satellite acquisition issues, horrible pictures with lens glare, and pano stitching problems the SDK is not even on the road map. This is ridiculous DJI.
This is not a cheap spak drone or mini drone. Is the flagship consumer drone.
2023-2-7
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

how do i shut remote id off, that is a customer choice.  its gives the location information away.  
2023-2-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 2-7 07:21
how do i shut remote id off, that is a customer choice.  its gives the location information away.

You can't. FAA regulation states RID not be switchable.
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out. We understand why you're feeling that way. Regretfully, we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time for Mavic 3. Please rest assured that we have recorded your request and provided feedback to the related department. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-2-7
Use props
fans13d7c374
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25092 ft
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-7 19:53
Hello, ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out. We understand why you're feeling that way. Regretfully, we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time for Mavic 3. Please rest assured that we have recorded your request and provided feedback to the related department. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Where on the website can we follow the latest updates ? The Mini 3 Pro SDK update hasn't really been announced anywhere at least for what I've seen. The thing that grinds my marbles the most is that I just sold my Mini 3 Pro three days before the change on the post about the mSDK and changed to Mavic 3 for superior picture quality and C1 classification in the belief that M3 would surpass the Mini 3 Pro in priority for the SDK or at least support at the same time.
2023-2-8
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-7 08:35
You can't. FAA regulation states RID not be switchable.

The faa regulation is unconstitutional an fascist.  It does not apply to me.  And its still a personal choice.  If I don't want to disclose my location, thats my choice.  Drones don't mean fascism, and more people need to speak up about it.  Not sit around an smile while the ability to enjoy a hobby is robbed from us.  The federal government also misled the public into thinking there would be places to fly without rid, called frias.  there are more radioactive disposal sites in existence then frias, an to make one you need to be a cbo.  Another mislead, theres only 3 of those an your not getting approved easily to own a fria.  Must be educational or some other bizzare requirement.  The faa can go suck my right an left testicle.  
2023-2-8
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 2-8 06:43
The faa regulation is unconstitutional an fascist.  It does not apply to me.  And its still a personal choice.  If I don't want to disclose my location, thats my choice.  Drones don't mean fascism, and more people need to speak up about it.  Not sit around an smile while the ability to enjoy a hobby is robbed from us.  The federal government also misled the public into thinking there would be places to fly without rid, called frias.  there are more radioactive disposal sites in existence then frias, an to make one you need to be a cbo.  Another mislead, theres only 3 of those an your not getting approved easily to own a fria.  Must be educational or some other bizzare requirement.  The faa can go suck my right an left testicle.

Personally, I could understand the need for RID, but should just not be generally available to any person that wants it.  The part that really gets me is broadcasting the RPIC's location.  That is not necessary, and I could see, especially in the environment of today's world, where there is going to be more attacks on the RPIC's.   
2023-2-8
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

DJI never promised anything like that.
2023-2-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-7 05:55
This is not just a mistake. We are talking about the flagship drone. The drone that I pay $3000 for the FMC + Tax + 1200 for the RC-Pro + $430 for the 2-year Refresh. + Tax.
And they promise the SDK from the beginning and you tell me there are almost 2 years since has been released and the Mini drone has more priority on SDK? are you kidding me?

They didn’t promise from the beginning and never said when it would come, M3 was released 1 year 3 months ago not 2 years.

It would be nice to have SDK but my guess is less than 5% of users will use it except for Litchi and they already have decent waypoints.

A side from mapping what else will SDK throw up that users need and will use ?
2023-2-8
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

BladeZ Posted at 2-8 07:20
Personally, I could understand the need for RID, but should just not be generally available to any person that wants it.  The part that really gets me is broadcasting the RPIC's location.  That is not necessary, and I could see, especially in the environment of today's world, where there is going to be more attacks on the RPIC's.

You got it so right
2023-2-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Derailing a thread with concerns about RID shows that RID is needed and that your drone needs to be monitored.
2023-2-8
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-7 05:55
And they promise the SDK from the beginning and you tell me there are almost 2 years since has been released and the Mini drone has more priority on SDK? are you kidding me?

Why do you not sell it then if it has issues that you mention here.
Even if an SDK were available it will not magically fix things.
Sounds more like venting and letting off some steam to me.
2023-2-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The faa regulation is unconstitutional an fascist.  It does not apply to me.  And its still a personal choice.  If I don't want to disclose my location, thats my choice.  Drones don't mean fascism, and more people need to speak up about it.  Not sit around an smile while the ability to enjoy a hobby is robbed from us.  The federal government also misled the public into thinking there would be places to fly without rid, called frias.  there are more radioactive disposal sites in existence then frias, an to make one you need to be a cbo.  Another mislead, theres only 3 of those an your not getting approved easily to own a fria.  Must be educational or some other bizzare requirement.  The faa can go suck my right an left testicle.

They said that people would be shot in the streets drones stolen beaten robbed and raped if RID was made compulsory, I don’t read or hear of any interference to drone users since its inception. You do know all flights on your drone have been recorded for a long time now and you and your drones location have already been banked.
We don’t have compulsory RID yet, but if we did two clowns that effectively shut down Dublin Airport last weekend would have been caught and dealt with and thousands would not have had their flights delayed.

It’s harsh to say it fascist when you signed up to it. You’ll find if you break no rules you won’t have any problem flying within the rules.
2023-2-8
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 2-8 10:32
They didn’t promise from the beginning and never said when it would come, M3 was released 1 year 3 months ago not 2 years.

It would be nice to have SDK but my guess is less than 5% of users will use it except for Litchi and they already have decent waypoints.

SDK's main use for me is Mapping, 3D modeling, Facade, and Waypoint missions, very custom.
Also, give instructions to the drone on what to do at desired moments.
Completely necessary.

2023-2-8
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 2-8 10:39
Why do you not sell it then if it has issues that you mention here.
Even if an SDK were available it will not magically fix things.
Sounds more like venting and letting off some steam to me.

You can be surprised by what can be done in 3rd party hands by using the SDK. Donelink, Litchi, DroneDeploy, Pix4D, there are plenty of good developers better than DJI with all respect to DJI.
2023-2-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-8 12:46
You can be surprised by what can be done in 3rd party hands by using the SDK. Donelink, Litchi, DroneDeploy, Pix4D, there are plenty of good developers better than DJI with all respect to DJI.

so well versed on all the professional sw but no so well-versed on the equipment that runs it, huh?

why not just get an enterprise and call it a day and put this entire debacle behind you once and for all?

i dont yet know the answer to this right away but im sure i will learn more later.  is dji holding onto the m3 sdk to drive business to enterprise-capable drones, is that what we think is happening?
2023-2-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well if it meant that much to you, you bought the wrong drone. I don’t believe anyone would spend 5k on something that couldn’t do what they needed it to do and at a time when there were other choices, that cost a lot less. If you were depending on SDK it was a bad move. But maybe someday.
2023-2-8
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

The software portion of this has nothing to do with the hardware which is being discussed here.
2023-2-9
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 2-9 09:33
The software portion of this has nothing to do with the hardware which is being discussed here.

Nothing to do? really?
What do you think was the problem with the satellite on the Mavic 3?
DroneDeploy and Pix4D are the best mapping solutions utilizing the SDK. Their software is much better than any DJI mapping solution. The SDK is just commands given to the drone to perform an instruction. The software part is the trick on how to correctly perform the commands but if DJI does not release that they can not do anything.

The Mavic Mini 1 and 2 were not able to follow me with the DJI FlyApp... Litchi makes it happens with software using the SDK.

Even the camera settings, gimbal commands, etc... can have better manipulation. For example, I want to do a Facade of an structure taking pictures every X seconds. Do it with DJI sofware? can you?

2023-2-9
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-9 09:56
Nothing to do? really?
What do you think was the problem with the satellite on the Mavic 3?
DroneDeploy and Pix4D are the best mapping solutions utilizing the SDK. Their software is much better than any DJI mapping solution. The SDK is just commands given to the drone to perform an instruction. The software part is the trick on how to correctly perform the commands but if DJI does not release that they can not do anything.

So your SDK is magically going to make every drone 100% perfect both on
the hardware and software sides.Wow who is living in a fantasy word.
2023-2-9
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 2-9 10:42
So your SDK is magically going to make every drone 100% perfect both on
the hardware and software sides.Wow who is living in a fantasy word.

The SDK will not fix anything. The SDK will expand the drone capabilities compared to the ones DJI provide with their software in most cases.

No is not magic.
2023-2-9
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-9 12:03
The SDK will not fix anything. The SDK will expand the drone capabilities compared to the ones DJI provide with their software in most cases.

No is not magic.

All done here.
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans13d7c374 Posted at 2-8 00:43
Where on the website can we follow the latest updates ? The Mini 3 Pro SDK update hasn't really been announced anywhere at least for what I've seen. The thing that grinds my marbles the most is that I just sold my Mini 3 Pro three days before the change on the post about the mSDK and changed to Mavic 3 for superior picture quality and C1 classification in the belief that M3 would surpass the Mini 3 Pro in priority for the SDK or at least support at the same time.

Hi, fans13d7c374. Thank you for joining the thread. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-3). Thank you for your continued support.
2023-2-11
Use props
skyscope
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Pastime Posted at 2-8 10:30
DJI never promised anything like that.

They did.
There was a roadmap initially, where the SDK for the Mavic 3 was announced for August 2022. Then plans changed...

See: https://web.archive.org/web/20220521090457/https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en-us/articles/5976502476441-Chapter-1-Hello-MSDK-V5- (Internet Archive): "It [MSDK V5] will support Mavic 3 series and Mini 3 Pro around end of August"

And then read the first comment here, and the answer from DJI's William Wong: https://web.archive.org/web/2022 ... mer-level-aircraft-

2023-2-11
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

skyscope Posted at 2-11 05:31
They did.
There was a roadmap initially, where the SDK for the Mavic 3 was announced for August 2022. Then plans changed...

Looks to me like the SDK for the mavic 3 was still never promised .
Done here.
2023-2-11
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The faa regulation is unconstitutional an fascist.  It does not apply to me.  And its still a personal choice.  If I don't want to disclose my location, thats my choice.  Drones don't mean fascism, and more people need to speak up about it.  Not sit around an smile while the ability to enjoy a hobby is robbed from us.  The federal government also misled the public into thinking there would be places to fly without rid, called frias.  there are more radioactive disposal sites in existence then frias, an to make one you need to be a cbo.  Another mislead, theres only 3 of those an your not getting approved easily to own a fria.  Must be educational or some other bizzare requirement.  The faa can go suck my right an left testicle.

Brilliantly put..  
2023-2-11
Use props
skyscope
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Pastime Posted at 2-11 08:59
Looks to me like the SDK for the mavic 3 was still never promised .
Done here.

LOL. Poor defense, for whatever reason.
2023-2-13
Use props
JB WALL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1128944 ft
United States

Ouch... I feel your pain
2023-2-13
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

skyscope Posted at 2-13 18:13
LOL. Poor defense, for whatever reason.

No comment
2023-2-13
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Not really worth commenting on.
2023-2-13
Use props
djiuser_qjFdQbhQrR0P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7119 ft
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-6 13:25
And yes as early as yesterday, another beautiful 360 picture was ruined by DJI Mavic 3 Stitching.  Nothing better than the Mavic 2 Pro.
https://kuula.co/post/NQ9Lk
[view_image]

To be fair, who uses the onboard stitching for anything other than a preview? For every drone I've ever owned, I just pull the raw images off the SD Card and put them into Affinity Photo for stitching.
2023-2-15
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_qjFdQbhQrR0P Posted at 2-15 12:14
To be fair, who uses the onboard stitching for anything other than a preview? For every drone I've ever owned, I just pull the raw images off the SD Card and put them into Affinity Photo for stitching.

I will give a try to that software. Never heard about it.
2023-2-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules