DJI Mavic 3 Classic ActiveTrack and way point missions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
salamander2112
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41594 ft
United States

My scenario:  I want the drone to be able to independently fly an ATV path through the woods and record video as a way to monitor my property. The path is winding and long, and I need a way to program the drone to fly the route.  Here are the two ways I see that I can do this with the Mavic 3 Classic drone:

(1) ActiveTrack - I could have the drone follow me as I drive the trail in my ATV. However, I need it to follow me at a low altitude to avoid tree limbs. The manual states that the drone will follow a vehicle at a distance of "6-100m", which is too high for this scenario. I need to set the drone's height to be no more than 6 feet. I realize that I could have the drone track me walking the path instead of a vehicle to force it to 6 feet, but then I would need to walk the long trails rather than drive. Is there a way that I can manually adjust the altitude and distance when using ActiveTrack?

I have noticed ActiveTrack very easily loses track of the target object. I tested it yesterday on a paved road and making a slow turn to the right, the drone lost the vehicle and kept flying straight. The drone seems to have trouble keeping pace with the vehicle, even when it's moving slow (5-8 mph).

(2) Waypoint mission - The other way I thought of is to plan a waypoint mission ahead of time and plot the trails on the map manually. I assume I can set the altitude to 6 feet, but I have not tried it. However, it appears that the only way to plan a waypoint mission is on the remote controller. This is incredibly cumbersome. The screen is small and it makes it very tedious to try to do this with my fingers on a small screen.  The trail is long and winding and I need to zoom in very far to plot it precisely.  Is it not possible to plan the mission on my laptop and upload it to the drone?

2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules