1768 7 2023-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257743 ft
United States

Hi all,

I bought a Mavic 2 pro that is having some issues. When I turn the drone on, the camera does it's calibration dance, but it stays backwards at the end of the dance and doesn't turn around to face outwards from the front of the drone, also there is no video feed on the screen either, just a black screen on the phone.. The rest of the HUD works fine, it doesn't show an overloaded gimbal motor error or anything like that.

I tried swapping out the main ribbon cable from the camera to the board, that didn't fix it.. I'm thinking it may be a cable issue further down in the gimbal... But I was thinking, I have a wrecked Mavic 2 zoom parts drone that's laying around with a good camera, and I'm wondering if I can remove the zoom 2 camera from the gimbal and put the Mavic 2 pro camera on the zoom gimbal and make it work. I know you can swap cameras on the drones and they work fine, but I'm not sure if the gimbal for the Mavic Zoom has all the same connections as the Mavic 2 pro needs, or whatever the case may be. I just want the mavic 2 pro up and running asap and didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a used camera/gimbal unit online.  ty!

2023-2-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swap the entire camera and gimbal assembly or get a new Pro gimbal & camera.  
From memory the actual gimbals differ too, I doubt Pro camera body will fit in a Zoom gimbal.
2023-2-7
Use props
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-7 06:56
Swap the entire camera and gimbal assembly or get a new Pro gimbal & camera.  
From memory the actual gimbals differ too, I doubt Pro camera body will fit in a Zoom gimbal.

I thought about that but I need the hasselblad pro camera for work, the zoom 2 camera isn't a 1" sensor and kinda sucks for anything but zooming in and light photography. I might just have to order a good used pro camera and gimbal off ebay.
2023-2-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alternatively, send it in to DJI for a repair estimate, I am not sure which would be the cheaper. I'd also suggest looking at the price of a second hand working drone ..... or 2 of them. If this is a money earner for you should really have at least one backup drone.
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the difficulties you've encountered. DJI does not support self-repair. We apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend you send the drone back for repair. You may submit an Online Repair Application directly or contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for more details about the process. As Sean-bumble-bee suggested, you may send it to check the repair cost. We hope this can help you decide on your next steps. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Too many variables to try to swap cameras. If you get that to work it would be be a miracle and I would announce you could be the next Messiah ;-)
2023-2-7
Use props
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 20:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the difficulties you've encountered. DJI does not support self-repair. We apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend you send the drone back for repair. You may submit an Online Repair Application directly or contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for more details about the process. As Sean-bumble-bee suggested, you may send it to check the repair cost. We hope this can help you decide on your next steps. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Well, that was about as generic and useless of a response as it gets. I already tore the camera apart so we'll see how it goes with a self repair =)
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Shrek_N_Donkey Posted at 2-8 06:27
Well, that was about as generic and useless of a response as it gets. I already tore the camera apart so we'll see how it goes with a self repair =)

We understand and respect your decision. Have a great day.
2023-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules