DJI Pocket 2 UVC or HDMI Accessory?
1827 10 2023-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

I've read a few posts about using the Pocket 2 as a Webcam or with an HDMI output.

Then somebody requested if DJI could make such an accessory. This person was told that they would look into it. But
in the end no response.

So, I wanted to ask if there is an accessory that allows pocket 2 to be used as a Webcam or with an HDMI Output (Not CosmosViewer)?
I, and most certainly a lot of people, would be more than happy to buy such an accessory.

2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. According to the definition given by Wikipedia, a webcam is a video camera that feeds or streams an image or video in real time to or through a computer network, such as the Internet. Webcams are typically small cameras that sit on a desk, attach to a user's monitor, or are built into the hardware. Webcams can be used during a video chat session involving two or more people, with conversations that include live audio and video.
However, DJI Pocket 2 camera is connected to a mobile device using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth when the DJI Mimo is being launched. This connection method does not have the “network browser” feature, and the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi transmission distance is short. Thus, it is not suitable to be used as a common remote network camera lens. Moreover, its charging port cannot connect to HDMI for live viewing. As of posting, DJI has not released an accessory that allows the preferred connection. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We'll forward your feedback, and we'll continue to relay this request. We appreciate your understanding and support. Have a nice day.
2023-2-8
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-8 19:40
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. According to the definition given by Wikipedia, a webcam is a video camera that feeds or streams an image or video in real time to or through a computer network, such as the Internet. Webcams are typically small cameras that sit on a desk, attach to a user's monitor, or are built into the hardware. Webcams can be used during a video chat session involving two or more people, with conversations that include live audio and video.
However, DJI Pocket 2 camera is connected to a mobile device using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth when the DJI Mimo is being launched. This connection method does not have the “network browser” feature, and the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi transmission distance is short. Thus, it is not suitable to be used as a common remote network camera lens. Moreover, its charging port cannot connect to HDMI for live viewing. As of posting, DJI has not released an accessory that allows the preferred connection. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We'll forward your feedback, and we'll continue to relay this request. We appreciate your understanding and support. Have a nice day.

Maybe an accessory, which doesn't have to be mounted on top of a screen, just something that plugs into pocket 2 and outputs a feed. Why shouldn't that work? When connecting pocket 2 with the short side plug with Mimo, pocket 2 outputs a live feed. If you could remove the UI in Mimo it would be great or just a Mimo app with removable UI for PC and Mac
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

StefanDjiMini2 Posted at 2-9 06:08
Maybe an accessory, which doesn't have to be mounted on top of a screen, just something that plugs into pocket 2 and outputs a feed. Why shouldn't that work? When connecting pocket 2 with the short side plug with Mimo, pocket 2 outputs a live feed. If you could remove the UI in Mimo it would be great or just a Mimo app with removable UI for PC and Mac

Thanks for the added feedback. These are well-noted and will reach the designated team. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-9
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-9 23:56
Thanks for the added feedback. These are well-noted and will reach the designated team. Thank you, and have a nice day.

So, what did the team say?Please keep me updated if you don't have any information yet.
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

StefanDjiMini2 Posted at 2-16 06:26
So, what did the team say?Please keep me updated if you don't have any information yet.

Your suggestions have been forwarded to the designated team for attention. As of now, we do not have any further information yet. For relevant updates, please stay tuned to our official DJI website (www.dji.com). Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-2-16
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

It's been more than half a year...
WHERE is the update, the dongle, the whatever.
Will there be ANY software updates for the DJI Pocket 2 or did you discontinue it like all your other products after 2 years?
2023-9-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I would seriously consider buying an HDMI adapter for the DJI Pocket 2 if DJI made one available. If nothing else, it would at least be better service towards customer to say if one's never coming, rather than just keeping quiet.
2023-9-10
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

HGDC84 Posted at 9-10 13:28
I would seriously consider buying an HDMI adapter for the DJI Pocket 2 if DJI made one available. If nothing else, it would at least be better service towards customer to say if one's never coming, rather than just keeping quiet.

It is just awful with a little older products and DJI...
You only get good-ish support for the latest and greatest.
If you are looking forward to buying a new camera, I would go for a real camera for which you pay more for but also get better and longer support.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

StefanDjiMini2 Posted at 9-10 08:14
It's been more than half a year...
WHERE is the update, the dongle, the whatever.
Will there be ANY software updates for the DJI Pocket 2 or did you discontinue it like all your other products after 2 years?

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-9-21
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

just the way I thought y'all would do that..
new product = updates the last one should've gotten
2023-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules