2389 4 2023-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AxisOfBeagles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40735 ft
New Zealand

IMG_0395.jpeg

When flying yesterday in an area without cellular service I received the attached notification upon entering the DJI Fly App flight app "Go Fly" screen. Today tried a number of phone connetion configurations - connected to Internet via WiFi only (no cellular); connected via cellular only (no WiFi) - both worked fine. But when attemtping to fly with no WiFi and no cellular, received this message again.

Device Management page in DJI Fly app shows aircraft bound to my account regardless of connection status above.

Searching through past threads all I can find is recommendation to delete and re-load DJI Fly app. Which of course I have done, same problem persists.

This is of course unacceptable - much of the best flying is in locations without cellular service, much less WiFi. Please advise how this will be remedied.

2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, AxisOfBeagles. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please note that this is not an error, but rather a normal prompt. This can be canceled and you may fly the aircraft freely. When this message appears, you only need to connect to the internet and the number of flight times will be refreshed to 10. If the internet is unavailable at the flight location, you may connect it once you have access to it.
Note: After connecting to the internet, you need to restart the aircraft, remote controller, and APP and reconnect without the network. The App will then refresh the flight times 10 times.
Thanks for your understanding. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-7
Use props
AxisOfBeagles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40735 ft
New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 19:49
Hi, AxisOfBeagles. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please note that this is not an error, but rather a normal prompt. This can be canceled and you may fly the aircraft freely. When this message appears, you only need to connect to the internet and the number of flight times will be refreshed to 10. If the internet is unavailable at the flight location, you may connect it once you have access to it.
Note: After connecting to the internet, you need to restart the aircraft, remote controller, and APP and reconnect without the network. The App will then refresh the flight times 10 times.
Thanks for your understanding. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Many thanks for the prompt response, and the clarification that this is by design. Unfortunately the suggestion that I ‘only need to connect to the internet’ still falls short of adequacy. If I am out flying for an extended period of time, away from cell service or other internet access, then I am limited to 10 flights, is that right? Or will this number reset when I change battery or shut down or some other intervention?
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AxisOfBeagles Posted at 2-7 20:26
Many thanks for the prompt response, and the clarification that this is by design. Unfortunately the suggestion that I ‘only need to connect to the internet’ still falls short of adequacy. If I am out flying for an extended period of time, away from cell service or other internet access, then I am limited to 10 flights, is that right? Or will this number reset when I change battery or shut down or some other intervention?

You are most welcome. And to answer your questions, there are currently no alternative methods for refreshing the number of flights allowed. An internet connection is required to refresh it. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We'll forward your feedback to our related team for attention. Your understanding is highly appreciated, and thank you for your continued support.
2023-2-8
Use props
wilderness fly
New

Canada

Hi I'm very irritated by the same issue.
I had already figured I'd need to log in just before going into the mountains (i'm in the backcountry for 3-5 days at a time, nowhere close to internet or cel by 100's of kms). But the other day I only had 1 flight before getting the warning and not being able to fly (on day 1 of 4), so no flying or filming for the rest of the trip... grrr.

So a few questions:
-most importantly: can I check to see how many flights remain, or if in fact the counter has been 'reset'
-to be clear, I need to restart the 3 units, then start again without an internet connection? right away?
-will this limitation restrict 3rd party flying apps like Litchi?
-what qualifies as a new flight? will simply landing but leaving everything 'on' and taking off again count as multiple flights? changing out batteries? Just turning things on?

Thanks, these details count for a lot if I can only fly 10 times on a 5 days trip.
WF
(total newbie: mini SE)
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules