1932 8 2023-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently noticed the DJI Mavic pro platinum is on the FAA remote id compliant list, but not the Mavic 2.  Does anyone know anything about this?  
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JJMik. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. DJI will conduct an evaluation and prepare appropriate plans for different aircraft after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-7
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-7 18:36
Hi, JJMik. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. DJI will conduct an evaluation and prepare appropriate plans for different aircraft after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Will mavic 2 be compliant?  Very strange that mavic pro is and Mavic 3 is? If I wait until September and my  Mavic 2 drones can not be made compliant they will be worthless. Or I’ll have to buy two $300 modules to use them.  
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJMik Posted at 2-7 19:17
Will mavic 2 be compliant?  Very strange that mavic pro is and Mavic 3 is? If I wait until September and my  Mavic 2 drones can not be made compliant they will be worthless. Or I’ll have to buy two $300 modules to use them.

Hi, JJMik. Regretfully, we currently don't have an answer to your question yet. We understand why you're feeling that way, rest assured that we are trying our best to follow the FAA rules and regulations required to be able to keep our drones flying within the USA. Please stay tuned to our official websites for future updates. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-8
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any update?  Many more drones have become compliant including the original mavic pro!  Why not M2?
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJMik Posted at 3-6 05:43
Any update?  Many more drones have become compliant including the original mavic pro!  Why not M2?

Hi, JJMik. We're sorry, but the information is still unavailable. We ask for your continued patience and understanding. Stay safe.
2023-3-7
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Still waiting…  The reason this would be nice to know is because you are basically making our mavic 2s a paper weight once remote Id begins .  Their value will be nothing when you will have to attach a $300 module to fly them.  

WILL  DJI  BE MAKING THE MAVIC 2  FAA RID COMPLIANT?

It’s so strange that the original mavic pro already is and the Mavic 3 ..
2023-3-22
Use props
lenstotable
lvl.1

United States

My Mavic Zoom already has some sort of broadcast capability in its firmware. Is this the same firmware structure that the already compliant drones have? It looks like I can broadcast all of the required data already, so does compliance depend on DJI getting Mavic 2's certified with the already installed firmware? I'm guessing that my Mavic Zoom can already transmit NMEA data sentences.
2023-6-4
Use props
Jason Miklowcic0
New

United States

lenstotable Posted at 6-4 07:51
My Mavic Zoom already has some sort of broadcast capability in its firmware. Is this the same firmware structure that the already compliant drones have? It looks like I can broadcast all of the required data already, so does compliance depend on DJI getting Mavic 2's certified with the already installed firmware? I'm guessing that my Mavic Zoom can already transmit NMEA data sentences.

The Mavic 2 zoom/pro is not RID compliant. Drones have to be listed with the FAA  the original mavic and Mavic 3 are on the list.  STILL MO WORD FROM DJI REGARDING WHY THIS IS  THE CASE.   

The remote ID you are talking about was not good enough according to the FAA who claimed in the name of safety , they needed the drone to broadcast  and show exactly the pilot is.
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules