How To Avoid Bird Attack?
1596 9 2023-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

What are the top tips for avoiding bird attacks?
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PixelPro. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we cannot know for sure since birds have different behaviors. We believe that the best suggestion would be to avoid going to places where there are lots of birds.

2023-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't be too concerned,  they rarely attack the drone,   they may act aggressive towards it in that case ascend quickly as the bird cant follow and then move out of its way and land.  
2023-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Research indicates that there is no single type of bird that is more likely to attack drones than others.  Any bird species may potentially attack a drone if it perceives the drone as a threat to itself or its territory.

I've found it’s a good idea to be mindful of birds and their potential reactions when flying a drone, and to take steps to minimize the impact of your drone on birds.  I try to avoid flying my drone too close to birds, avoiding areas where birds are known to be sensitive (such as their nesting areas), and respecting any local laws or regulations regarding the use of drones near wildlife.
2023-2-8
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 00:48
I wouldn't be too concerned,  they rarely attack the drone,   they may act aggressive towards it in that case ascend quickly as the bird cant follow and then move out of its way and land.

I've encountered at least 3 or 4 instances in the past few months
2023-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PixelPro Posted at 2-8 09:25
I've encountered at least 3 or 4 instances in the past few months

And they actually attacked the drone or just flew around near it?
2023-2-9
Use props
AZ Tony
lvl.3
United States

I was out at a little distance the other day, just barely able to see my drone. Practice flying over a basin. I saw a large bird circling in that area and headed back in a hurry. I didn’t want to find out the extent of his dislike for my M3P.
2023-2-9
Use props
adwuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274154 ft
United Kingdom

I find that the oystercatchers around our area are the most aggressive, mostly during or near the nesting season. Best advice is to avoid them, and if you can't, climb quickly and then move away from their territory.
2023-2-13
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14961 ft
Canada

I've had Ospreys come at me. (got outta there fast!) Prevalent when they are nesting.
2023-2-15
Use props
djiuser_7UX76Rvz1uU4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401316 ft
United States

I can't speak to how effective it is, however, I put "eye" stickers on the top of my drones.  I have seen birds circle my drone, though as of yet (knock on wood), none have attacked it.
2023-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules