Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo action stuck in portrait
1572 17 2023-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mirage_84
lvl.1

Australia

I can't find any info on here but the other day i shot some clips, when i got home they were all in portrait.  The only way I could get it out of portrait was to turn auto rotate off and set it to up or down.

The problem is that while in portrait the touch screen controls don't let you access the menu and only allows access to play videos.  I reset the osmo and unfortunately when I did the wifi i didn't connect and I can't connect it now and with the menus not working I can't reset to factory again

Can anyone help here?

PS Real steady appears to be working so sensors inside that measure orientation must be working.  Also this camera has literally recorded a max of 3h of video and has had very little use since I bought it.

2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mirage_84. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. Can you please provide a video of the operation and the current firmware version of your Osmo Action? Does this issue occur on both photo and video recordings? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-2-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Only way to shoot Portrait is to  turn the camera lens up/down, and press the shutter, if its doing portrait all the time.

What you may need to do is load firmware in, not just the latest but an fw99.99.99.99, with a debug file called a txt.doc  and again the latest firmware and txt.doc.  I will be more than happy to help out and show you again how to do so and support you.

but like said are you 100% sure you shot landscape all the time and held the camera correctly? asking

FISH
2023-2-9
Use props
fans9a254ba7
lvl.1

Australia

Hopefully this shows you.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Hh2fVQ2eWVk
2023-2-9
Use props
fans9a254ba7
lvl.1

Australia

Fishycomics Posted at 2-9 05:43
Only way to shoot Portrait is to  turn the camera lens up/down, and press the shutter, if its doing portrait all the time.

What you may need to do is load firmware in, not just the latest but an fw99.99.99.99, with a debug file called a txt.doc  and again the latest firmware and txt.doc.  I will be more than happy to help out and show you again how to do so and support you.

Where do I get the FW etc?
2023-2-12
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

for downgrade Fishycomics can help you
look to yt chanel from fishycomics

upgrade file
or DJI download
no problem with last firmwae

many yt manuals

Screenshot_2023-02-12-09-13-46-789_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
IMG_20230212_094431.jpg
2023-2-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

fans9a254ba7 Posted at 2-12 00:01
Where do I get the FW etc?

this is  a video  and  if need help  ask

this is  a  very easy to follow video

2023-2-12
Use props
fans9a254ba7
lvl.1

Australia

managed to rollback the firmware and update to latest again.  Doesn't help but was able to get into the camera via the app and turn auto rotate off and its just staying in the up position.  Any other tips would be appreciated but for now I think I can use it
2023-2-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

rollback to what  fw 99????  nd then back to fw 1.10
2023-2-12
Use props
fans9a254ba7
lvl.1

Australia

Fishycomics Posted at 2-12 08:21
rollback to what  fw 99????  nd then back to fw 1.10

Yes back to 99 and the camera was still in portrait
2023-2-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

fans9a254ba7 Posted at 2-12 17:39

thank you, just wanted to make sure

Sounds like more  then just an issue and that you may need to get further with DJI on a Chat. if you are sure you got the Orientation correctly set, and it acts that way. it may be best to send in  and get the camera  fixed. good luck
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans9a254ba7 Posted at 2-12 17:39

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers noticed your issue and would like to further analyze the issue. Would you please help?
To analyze the issue, we need certain data.
Would you please describe more details for us and export the camera logs for us?
Thank you in advance.
2023-2-16
Use props
fans9a254ba7
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-16 04:58
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers noticed your issue and would like to further analyze the issue. Would you please help?
To analyze the issue, we need certain data.
Would you please describe more details for us and export the camera logs for us?

Happy to send stuff through but youll have to tell me what logs and how to get them.  
2023-2-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

fans9a254ba7 Posted at 2-18 04:59
Happy to send stuff through but youll have to tell me what logs and how to get them.

Action 3 its there on the driver, on the OA not sure, but possible are they referring correctly, and lets see if its elsewhere in the cameras settings, if you  try to open the driver, its just a DCIM, sorry I could not help further
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans9a254ba7 Posted at 2-18 04:59

Thank you so much!
The Osmo Action's camera logs are files stored under the /MISC/LOG/ Folder in the SD card directory.
Note: Since this is a hidden folder, if you want to view it, please turn on the hidden item view permission first, such as tick "Hidden items".
2023-2-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-18 18:53
Thank you so much!
Here is the step to export camera log:
1. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.

Osmo Action Stuck in Portrait Mode:

Not an DJI Osmo Action 3:

2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-19 04:03
Osmo Action Stuck in Portrait Mode:

Not an DJI Osmo Action 3:

Sorry. Have edited.
2023-2-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-19 18:44
Sorry. Have edited.

Are you now saying in order to see this  we have to  place the SDXC card into a computer:

on the driver open the View, and get to the hidden files from there. you need to be clear , for a windows and mac person

(SMILES)
2023-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules