Not recognized by Samsung phone or app.
1487 20 2023-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258527 ft
Canada

No wireless signal detected. New unit. Now locked up. My phone is a Samsung A71. Deleted and reinstalled app, factory reset camera and no luck. Set app permissions and more. So frustrating. I'm about to have a friend come over with his Iphone to see if that will allow it to be unlocked. My Mini 3 hooks to my laptop. Why did they overlook that with this?
Update....I got my friend to install the app on his IPhone. Camera hooked up instantly, registered, updated and now works no problem on my Samsung phone. This is inexcusable. DJI's solution was to have me return it so they could send me another replacement. The same problem would have existed. I've wasted about 5 hours on this.

2023-2-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

registering, and locking is what DJI does, not what hte Consumer asked for, get with  them, they may  need to send a reset over the App
2023-2-8
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Canada

Update....see above
2023-2-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Samsung and dji-apps = no go
You can be lucky that some Samsung phones work, but most doesn't.

If it is Samsung or dji that doing something wrong, idk. But most Android phones with x64 bit work.
2023-2-8
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Canada

johansenfoto Posted at 2-8 06:19
Samsung and dji-apps = no go
You can be lucky that some Samsung phones work, but most doesn't.

Samsung is too big to ignore. Inexcusable. After the update, it works perfectly with the phone. There is the answer. The problem is in the DJI code.
2023-2-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

But still doesn't know if it is Samsung or dji that have problem with the other.
S20/S21/S22 doesn't work
2023-2-8
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Samsung A12 doesn’t work either. It sees the Action 3 but can’t connect. I use an iPad instead.

I think that it’s time to lose the Mimo app if we want to, and be able to register/update manually. Why do we need to register? Most other companies see a receipt and know how long a guarantee runs for, but this registering or the camera will lock is a pain.
2023-2-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 2-8 23:42
My Samsung A12 doesn’t work either. It sees the Action 3 but can’t connect. I use an iPad instead.

I think that it’s time to lose the Mimo app if we want to, and be able to register/update manually. Why do we need to register? Most other companies see a receipt and know how long a guarantee runs for, but this registering or the camera will lock is a pain.

Same with GoPro if I remember right, need to register before use?

2023-2-8
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 2-8 23:54
Same with GoPro if I remember right, need to register before use?

I don't remember registering the GoPro. I certainly don’t use the app either for updates. I think even if we need to register, we should be able to update without it. It is odd that the app is only available from DJI and not vía the official 'stores'. My phone even warned me not to install it!!

https://community.gopro.com/s/question/0D53b00008R4PPLCA3/register-product?language=en_US

2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. May I ask if Osmo Action 3 works normally with your phone now? If there is any issue, please let us know.
2023-2-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-9 00:19
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. May I ask if Osmo Action 3 works normally with your phone now? If there is any issue, please let us know.

It didn’t work with a Samsung A12 last time I tried. The phone sees the camera but reports that it ‘can’t connect’. I use an IPad for updating.
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 2-9 00:17
I don't remember registering the GoPro. I certainly don’t use the app either for updates. I think even if we need to register, we should be able to update without it. It is odd that the app is only available from DJI and not vía the official 'stores'. My phone even warned me not to install it!!

https://community.gopro.com/s/question/0D53b00008R4PPLCA3/register-product?language=en_US

Ah true needed a gopro account when using the app, I always hate making new accounts
Insta360 also need app for register.

DJI is spying on us, trying to be like google hehe

2023-2-9
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-9 00:19

Yes it now works.  After unlocking and installing the camera using an Iphone, my Samsung A71 works with it. That tells me it is a code issue at DJI.
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Steve Hayward Posted at 2-9 01:53
Yes it now works.  After unlocking and installing the camera using an Iphone, my Samsung A71 works with it. That tells me it is a code issue at DJI.

Thanks for the confirmation. Sorry again for the inconvenience. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Iancraig10 Posted at 2-9 00:26
It didn’t work with a Samsung A12 last time I tried. The phone sees the camera but reports that it ‘can’t connect’. I use an IPad for updating.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team for a check.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Steve Hayward Posted at 2-9 01:53

Hi Steve, if it's convenient, would you mind providing us with more detailed information about your phone? You can provide us with a screenshot to check the system information. We will note it down and forward it to our team.
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Iancraig10 Posted at 2-9 00:26

Hi Iancraig10, if it's convenient, would you mind providing us with more detailed information about your phone? You can provide us with a screenshot to check the system information. We will note it down and forward it to our team.
2023-2-12
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-12 19:17
Hi Steve, if it's convenient, would you mind providing us with more detailed information about your phone? You can provide us with a screenshot to check the system information. We will note it down and forward it to our team.

Screenshot_20230213_101928_Settings.jpg
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for the information provided. We will forward it to the corresponding team for a check. If you encounter any other issue with the camera, please feel free to contact us.
2023-2-13
Use props
fansa086a436
New
United States

Wow Steve Hayward, I have the Samsung Ultra S22 and seem to be having the very same problem. I recently bought 2- Osmo Action 3's and DJI mic over $1,500. If i can't get this fixed soon I'll prolly have to look for a refund. My wife uses iPhone so maybe I can try that. This is so frustrating! I take it your mimo app and Action 3 is still workin proper now?
2023-2-21
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Canada

fansa086a436 Posted at 2-21 10:20
Wow Steve Hayward, I have the Samsung Ultra S22 and seem to be having the very same problem. I recently bought 2- Osmo Action 3's and DJI mic over $1,500. If i can't get this fixed soon I'll prolly have to look for a refund. My wife uses iPhone so maybe I can try that. This is so frustrating! I take it your mimo app and Action 3 is still workin proper now?

Once registered things seemed OK. That said, the app would see the camera on the weekend but not hook up. I read somewhere that rebooting the phone is a key workaround. It worked.  I don't know the back story to this, but an app not working on a Samsung is pretty much B.S. Couple that with the fact a new GoPro has a decidedly better image....for now. I'm sure they will sort the image thing out.
I just turned on the app again and it hooked up no problem.
2023-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules