490 15 2023-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This is another place in the Islnnd well worth a visit. Fundacion Cesar Manrique

Here is a video of our trip

2023-2-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another remarkable place BP. Some extraordinary features. Looks a darn sight warmer there than here just now
2023-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is one gorgeous subterranean home.  Great job on putting this video together BP.  
2023-2-8
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Look nice and interesting. Thanks for the share!
2023-2-8
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

I posted this on your YouTube video: Wow!  That's the best demonstration video for the Osmo Action 3 that I have see thus far!  Great camera work, background music and choice of subject.  The juxtaposition of color and detail is remarkable and shows off the abilities of the camera in a wonderful way.  Totally enjoyed this video!   Thank for sharing.  
I just want to add what a great choice of location to show the vibrant colors and focus your camera is capable of producing.  Even the subterraneum low light situations came out really good.  Could you please share your settings for that shoot?  Bigthumbs Up for Bigplums!
2023-2-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

skysailor64 Posted at 2-8 14:47
I posted this on your YouTube video: Wow!  That's the best demonstration video for the Osmo Action 3 that I have see thus far!  Great camera work, background music and choice of subject.  The juxtaposition of color and detail is remarkable and shows off the abilities of the camera in a wonderful way.  Totally enjoyed this video!   Thank for sharing.  
I just want to add what a great choice of location to show the vibrant colors and focus your camera is capable of producing.  Even the subterraneum low light situations came out really good.  Could you please share your settings for that shoot?  Bigthumbs Up for Bigplums!

Many thanks I have also replied on YT.

The settings I use are very simple as follows:

I film the initial clip in 4K 60 fps Horizon balance on all the rest on Auto. Then to keep the individual files sizes managable I switch to 1080p 60 fps Horizon balance on all rest auto. If there is modern lighting inside I switch to 50 fps as I have learnt from people here that that stops flicker.

I then make the main edit excluding the first 4K clip using the editor in the DJI fly app and save the whole thing at 1080p.

Then I switch it iMovie and add the first 4K clip and the 1080p video, together, add music and any other edits and export the whole thing at 4K. This seems to upscale the complete video

Make sure your YouTube settings on upload are set to full quality and upload the whole video.

All my edditing is done on an IPhone 8 and or an iPad Air which is 2017 vintage.

I learnt quite a bit from people on here.

If you watch the video on say a 55 inch 4K tv I feel the quality is quite good

Thanks again
2023-2-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 12:52
That is one gorgeous subterranean home.  Great job on putting this video together BP.

Many thanks. Cesar Manrique was a very talented Architect and Artist on Lanzarote and the Canary Islands. There is much to visit on Lanzarote that was created/ influenced by him.

He was also quite controversial in many areas concerning how the island should or should not be developed for Tourism in the 1970s - 1090’s
2023-2-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Blériot53 Posted at 2-8 11:06
Another remarkable place BP. Some extraordinary features. Looks a darn sight warmer there than here just now

It is certainly warmer here than in the U.K. we have a hive heating system in our house in the U.K. and her indoors just put it on for a couple of hours for the cat would you believe !
2023-2-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

osmonauta Posted at 2-8 12:57
Look nice and interesting. Thanks for the share!

Many thanks
2023-2-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 2-8 23:12
It is certainly warmer here than in the U.K. we have a hive heating system in our house in the U.K. and her indoors just put it on for a couple of hours for the cat would you believe !

Too much!   The cat probably gets better treatment than you do
2023-2-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Blériot53 Posted at 2-8 23:44
Too much!   The cat probably gets better treatment than you do

Quite. I was sitting on the sofa last night and fancied a cup of coffee. Can you believe I had to shout twice before she got up and made it. Not acceptable at all I am sure you will agree
2023-2-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 2-8 23:59
Quite. I was sitting on the sofa last night and fancied a cup of coffee. Can you believe I had to shout twice before she got up and made it. Not acceptable at all I am sure you will agree

2023-2-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2-8 23:09
Many thanks. Cesar Manrique was a very talented Architect and Artist on Lanzarote and the Canary Islands. There is much to visit on Lanzarote that was created/ influenced by him.

He was also quite controversial in many areas concerning how the island should or should not be developed for Tourism in the 1970s - 1090’s

You're very welcome.  Keep up the great work.  
2023-2-9
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Bigplumbs Posted at 2-8 23:03
Many thanks I have also replied on YT.

The settings I use are very simple as follows:

You know you could simplify this process a little by using a 4K “template” clip.

1. Take a 4K video of anything. Doesn’t matter what it is. This will serve as your “template” clip.
2. Import this into iMovie, cut it down to just 1 second (or even to just a single frame), then export it as a 4K video.
3. Now you no longer have to film in 4K first, just in 1080. Every time you want to edit, just bring this 4K “template” into iMovie as the very first clip in the timeline. (iMovie interprets the project resolution based on the first clip on the timeline.)
4. Then bring in your 1080 clips into the timeline and delete the “template” (which was 4K) from the timeline. The project is already interpreted as 4K so you can edit the way you like and output it as 4K.

This way you don’t need to shoot the first video as 4K because you can just reuse your “template” as the first one.
2023-2-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

osmonauta Posted at 2-9 21:21
You know you could simplify this process a little by using a 4K “template” clip.

1. Take a 4K video of anything. Doesn’t matter what it is. This will serve as your “template” clip.

Interesting option thanks for the information
2023-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like a lot of fun!
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced