DJI Mini 2 Camera Calibration
1043 1 2023-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MickBock
lvl.1

Australia

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and hope to have a positive interaction.

I have recently had to rebuild my drone after a fairly nasty interaction with a light pole. The rebuild required me to remove everything from the guts of the drone and relocate them into a new shell, as well as a new gimbal. The camera was still usable as were the circuit boards and prop arms, pretty much everything else has been replaced.

I got onto a YouTuber, How Fix It and began to fix/replace all that needed to be done. Got the drone back together successfully!! Everything works, except for the camera, it was pointing straight down. So, I got onto the YouTube website, "How Fix It" and began to learn how to calibrate the camrea. After many frustrating nights of learning the little quirks of how to connect the drone to the computer I finally worked out how to correctly connect to the computer such that I can load the camera calibration firmware.

To put everyone into the picture; on start-up the camera goes through the full range of motion, like "waking up" in the morning. When I connect it to the computer and initiate the firmware for calibration, first the JointCoarse, the camera moves but not as much as it does when "waking up", in fact it moves less than 50% of the "waking up" process. I do this about two or three times, all having the same camera moving result. When I attempt the LinearHall firmware for calibration, the camera does not move at all. I have tried this process a few times now, all with the same result.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. We totally respect your expertise regarding drone fixing however, we cannot guarantee that DIY repair can fix the unit. Since the unit experience a crash, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules