[SOLVED] LiDAR & RS Focus Motor 2022 will not work independantly
5121 26 2023-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24754 ft
Australia

I can't get the LiDAR to control the RS Focus Motor 2022 unless it it plugged into the RS3Pro.

The DJI manual says you can do it after calibrating it on the RS3Pro. This I can do, the lens autofocuses well and autotracks nicely.
I disconnect it from the gimbal and connect it to a power source and all I get is a slow flasing red LED on the LiDAR C1 and a solid red LED on the focus motor.
I have tried USBC sources - laptop charges (with and without PD), a battery bank with USBC PD, a Kondor Blue D-Tap to USBC 12V cable, a SmallRig D-Tap to USBC 12V cable, a BlindSpot 12V to USBC cable with all manner of 12V sources; nothing gets me past the flashing red/solid red combination. Double pressing the Fn button on the LiDAR will run the motor through it's end-stops, but nothing else. Pressing the AF/MF button on the LiDAR does nothing.

Several people on this forum and others on YT have commented that they cannot get the LiDAR and Focus Motor to work independantly of the gimbal despite following the instructions in the manual.

Over to you DJI Support please.

(In case you wonder - all firmware is UTD, all cables are DJI or Sony USBC cables rated for power & data, resetting the LiDAR and redoing the calibration does nothing)

2023-2-8
Use props
Binaryinfection
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

You need a usb c to dtap cable connected to the motor and the LiDAR connected to the motor and all should work splendid
2023-2-17
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

Binaryinfection Posted at 2-17 15:36
You need a usb c to dtap cable connected to the motor and the LiDAR connected to the motor and all should work splendid

Please read my post. Believe me I have tried. If you have it working, please share with us .
2023-2-17
Use props
Binaryinfection
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clm0rsqJ8QH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
2023-2-17
Use props
Binaryinfection
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Has to be a solid 19v not 12
2023-2-17
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

Binaryinfection Posted at 2-17 16:43
Has to be a solid 19v not 12

19V is not what DJI specifies.

FWIW, I'm currently assuming that the DJI accessories dont support PD. Pretty much all the leads available now are PD regulated, so when plugged in to the motor or the LiDAR, they default to delivering standard USB voltages.
I have checked the above wiring diagram with a number of lead manufacturers and they confirm this is how their leads are wired and they should work.

So I am waiting for a discontinued lead D-Tap to USBC lead that has no PD chip and should deliver 14.4V via D-Tap. But I sincerely wish DJI would actually help.
2023-2-17
Use props
Binaryinfection
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Idk what to tell you bro. I got a zitay usb c to dtap and it works just fine for me
2023-2-17
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

Binaryinfection Posted at 2-17 18:33
Idk what to tell you bro. I got a zitay usb c to dtap and it works just fine for me

Yup - got one of those too. I think it was the first thing I tried.
2023-2-17
Use props
fans2c5ea325
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

ValleyForge Posted at 2-17 18:56
Yup - got one of those too. I think it was the first thing I tried.

I have the same problem,  lidar keeps red light blinking pattern even after lens calibration, which is "Firmware Update", should be solid red , have no idea how to fix this, downgraded and upgraded FW a few times already, and it works on RS3
2023-2-17
Use props
fans2c5ea325
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I still hope this is a  cable, but I've tried quite a few and the result is the same, if anyone has any ideas please let me know
https://youtu.be/ZSKWcCVyKEg
2023-2-20
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

And I have just tried the PUSOKEI lead which I believed didn't have PD incorporated into it. Turns out it does now.
And is exactly the same.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans2c5ea325 Posted at 2-17 19:11
I have the same problem,  lidar keeps red light blinking pattern even after lens calibration, which is "Firmware Update", should be solid red , have no idea how to fix this, downgraded and upgraded FW a few times already, and it works on RS3

Hi, there. May we confirm if you are using DJI RS3 or DJI RS3 Pro?
Please note that LiDAR can only be used with DJI RS3 Pro.
Please keep us updated on your issue.
Thanks in advance.
2023-2-20
Use props
fans2c5ea325
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-20 22:37
Please note that LiDAR can only be used with DJI RS3 Pro.
Please keep us updated on your issue.

Hi Natalia,
yes, I am using DJI RS3 Pro, and everything works as expected when lidar is used on the gimibal, the problem starts when I try to setup lidar to work off gimbal, and I am using guidelines provided by  DJI, strangely enough this setup works for many, but it also doesn't work for some, hoping for DJI pinpoint the problem, i basically bought the unit for it's capability to work off gimbal
Thank you!
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans2c5ea325 Posted at 2-21 06:31
Hi Natalia,
yes, I am using DJI RS3 Pro, and everything works as expected when lidar is used on the gimibal, the problem starts when I try to setup lidar to work off gimbal, and I am using guidelines provided by  DJI, strangely enough this setup works for many, but it also doesn't work for some, hoping for DJI pinpoint the problem, i basically bought the unit for it's capability to work off gimbal
Thank you!

Thank you for your update.  

If your product is DJI RS 3 Pro, and if you have upgraded/downgraded the firmware of the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) several times, but the problem still exists, you can connect the DJI RS 3 Pro+ DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) and upgrade the firmware version. If there is no reminder in the APP, you can click the list frame in the upper left corner of the Ronin APP to enter the "about" page, click "firmware", and long press the firmware version to enter the "Firmware Downgrade" page in 5 seconds, and refresh the firmware of V01.00.02.00;
Besides, please note that DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) doesn't support PD/QC protocol, so the specifications of the external power supply should meet the corresponding conditions:
The external power supply should support the direct output of 7V to 16V without a specific charging protocol.

Please check the above suggestions and keep us updated.

Thanks again for your support.

2023-2-21
Use props
fans2c5ea325
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-21 18:33

If your product is DJI RS 3 Pro, and if you have upgraded/downgraded the firmware of the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) several times, but the problem still exists, you can connect the DJI RS 3 Pro+ DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) and upgrade the firmware version. If there is no reminder in the APP, you can click the list frame in the upper left corner of the Ronin APP to enter the "about" page, click "firmware", and long press the firmware version to enter the "Firmware Downgrade" page in 5 seconds, and refresh the firmware of V01.00.02.00;

i want to thank you , Natalia, for quick  response and your professional expertise in resolving this issue,
bringing all FW to the same level fixed the problem,
Many thanks again!
2023-2-22
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-20 22:37
Please note that LiDAR can only be used with DJI RS3 Pro.
Please keep us updated on your issue.

Yes DJI Natalia.
It's RS3 Pro.
2023-2-22
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-21 18:33

And there is the problem:
"The external power supply should support the direct output of 7V to 16V without a specific charging protocol".

I can't seem to find anything delivering 7-16V over USBC without PD or QC. They just don't exist anymore I suspect.

Will perform your firmware operations as suggested.

2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans2c5ea325 Posted at 2-22 12:50
i want to thank you , Natalia, for quick  response and your professional expertise in resolving this issue,
bringing all FW to the same level fixed the problem,
Many thanks again!

You are welcome, thanks for your support and patience as well.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to contact us here anytime.
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ValleyForge Posted at 2-22 16:40
And there is the problem:
"The external power supply should support the direct output of 7V to 16V without a specific charging protocol".

Hi, there.
Thanks for your reply.
If you still meet this problem, please keep us updated. (It would be nice if you can provide us a related video)
Thanks for your support again.
2023-2-23
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-23 17:54
Hi, there.
Thanks for your reply.
If you still meet this problem, please keep us updated. (It would be nice if you can provide us a related video)

And it works after reloading the firmware. I am quite speechless!

I have reloaded the firmware before, but this time the focus motor still shows a red LED, but the LiDAR boots up, recalibrates the end points and switches happily between AF & MF.

It worked with a PUSOKEI D-Tap to USBC. I will try with other leads I have later on.

Amazing.
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ValleyForge Posted at 2-23 19:26

I have reloaded the firmware before, but this time the focus motor still shows a red LED, but the LiDAR boots up, recalibrates the end points and switches happily between AF & MF.

Thanks for your timely update.
Please let us know if you need any support!
Thank you again.
2023-2-24
Use props
jeftavarwijk
New

Netherlands

Hi so I've gone through all steps, but i still have this problem.
My lens profiles just keep blinking green, even after downgrading, upgrading, updating, refreshing, everything. I've been working on this now 5 hrs straight and there is zero development.
this is very frustrating.

I have a working lidar plus focus motor with the RS3 pro. I can switch it on, off. all working fine.
Both Lidar and RS3 Pro are at their latest firmwares.

If i switch to vmount with both a smallrig and alvin's cables dtap to USBc, the motor calibrates the lens fine. Its actually a quite HEAVY lens, so it really needs some power to perform the calibrations as smoothly as it does. So my guess is that the voltage, should be fine!
The cables are put in as defined in the pdf.

I am using the DJI usbc cable from the motor to the lidar.

i'm dumbfounded as to what i could be doing wrong.

2023-4-2
Use props
jeftavarwijk
New

Netherlands

and how about telling people what exact cables actually work. This is just so frustrating. Come on DJI.
2023-4-2
Use props
jeftavarwijk
New

Netherlands

ValleyForge Posted at 2-23 19:26

could you confirm what cables worked for you?
2023-4-2
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

jeftavarwijk Posted at 4-2 09:06
could you confirm what cables worked for you?

As I posted:
"It worked with a PUSOKEI D-Tap to USBC. I will try with other leads I have later on."

I've been working on this for 6 months.
The issue is the Focus Motor (and LiDAR I suspect) don't support the PD standard on USBC leads. Hence when you use a BlueKondor or SmallRig or Zitay lead - they all have PD which defaults to 5.5V which is too low for the devices to run properly.
I've also tried USBC laptop transformers, the BlindSpot cable as well as makeshift 2.8mm barrel power supply adapters FWIW.
2023-4-3
Use props
jamie bryce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6624065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am running through this so many times as well.
I have found if you dtap and plug a battery into the transmission unit be it vmount or the dji battery it will power the units and keep them functional. I have found it needs to be the version of firmware that is official, not under all. It needs to be very v01.05.0400, not ver v01.05.0500. I am also running the dji cable system so every lead is at spec for this to work and I still have the issues. I was running just the dtap from the cable system, which was insufficient power. hope that helps
so just to clarify I run the dtap at 12v 1.5 amp, then the transmission is connected through tilta vmount to my ursa 12k pro mini then I still need to run a vmount battery directly connected to the transmission unit for it to give the system enough juice. Absolute nightmare.

to valley forge
you may find you turn the system on at some random day at it just doesn't work and to fix it if you reload the firmware of the lidar you can start again. caught in a loop of sorting your lenses etc then it looses its mind and you have to refirmware it over and over. so odd but that's what it does
P.S. The firmware version may just be because I connected to the high bright monitor, not my rs3 pro. But I just wanted to note if you have your Dji assistant 2 set to all, it will show you the latest, and it's, not the official. it may help those just on high bright it may also help those on rs3 pro let me know as I haven needed to see that in my testing for my needs
3-21 18:39
Use props
jamie bryce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6624065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same problem I have the rs3 pro the high bright monitor and the handles and the transmission tx along with the lidar sensor and focus motor and the control hub and it doesn't work. I have never been abled to get it to work. I have been moved along for months advertised the hub was needed and then when I did get it still it didn't work. here I am without any of it working and do not think it will
4-22 04:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules